300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NY Police Man View Post
    From what I'm gathering you don't all have the privilege of a patrol rifle. Do you atleast carry shotguns in each car?
    Yes.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Anyone else receive a call for the potential processing on August 4th??

Comment

• No, no call or email. hey whats yer rank if you dont mind me asking? Just trying to get an idea of where they are at on the list...

Comment

• I got one for the weekend of Aug 4-5. My list number is between 3,000 and 4,000.

Comment

• Ah well i am higher...6800 ish...good luck!!!

Comment

• Thats weird...I'm 2880 and I haven't received any notice yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
                  Thats weird...I'm 2880 and I haven't received any notice yet.
                  http://forums.officer.com/t86343-125/#post2631549

Was it really your friend who was shot down for being a pothead?
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Ha ha, yes. Guess we all have to live up to our mistakes eventually. Im a BP Agent now just incase you thought i was actually talking about myself and too ashamed to say it. But more on the upcoming class, is it common for someone to be skipped on the list for processing? Im stationed in AZ, enjoy the work, but would consider troopers. It was my first preference afterall.

Comment

• Omg

I graduated out of the 195th session.....I left shortly after Field Training.....These posts are hillarious!!! I hope the recruits don't take this serious....Microwave.....a flatbed..snacks....Highfiving the ATO's, Correcting the DR instructors lmao!! First night Pizza and Wings....Before I started the academy..I didnt log onto any forums...so I didnt know what to expect. I was scared to death..the first weekend I went home I was shaking with Anxiety...I was tired...sleep deprived..overwhelmed, scared.....NYSP is definitely a tough academy.........Even though Im not a Trooper anymore I have nothing but respect for them....!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                        If I could add to what SDT just posted.

Your first night I wouldn't eat anything. The instructors buy pizza and wings so you can eat as much as possible before the academy really starts on Monday!

Just be yourself be natural and high five the instructors as they walk by. They will appreciate someone with balls than a scared little girl...

If you have been through another academy make sure to tell the instructors that you learned a better way or if you are a boxing superstar or a grappling genius point out errors the DT team may be teaching... They will appreciate your input!
                        I graduated out of the 195th session.....I left shortly after Field Training.....These posts are hillarious!!! I hope the recruits don't take this serious....Microwave.....a flatbed..snacks....Highfiving the ATO's, Correcting the DR instructors lmao!! First night Pizza and Wings....Before I started the academy..I didnt log onto any forums...so I didnt know what to expect. I was scared to death..the first weekend I went home I was shaking with Anxiety...I was tired...sleep deprived..overwhelmed, scared.....NYSP is definitely a tough academy.........Even though Im not a Trooper anymore I have nothing but respect for them....!!

Comment

• I recently got the call to start the processing in August. Based on what I have read in this thread, it sounds like this academy is the toughest in NY. So my question is, how is the job once you have graduated? Are more people satisfied, than not? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• KSE822, love the job. It's a great feeling the first time you make a traffic stop on your own, you realize how much you've been through and how far you've come.

(Yes, more people are satisfied then not)
                            Last edited by phoenix23; 06-28-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbracero View Post
                              cbracero, I'm trying to send you a message (it says you're not receiving private messages though). Send me a message if you can.
                              Last edited by phoenix23; 06-29-2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Morning everybody, I received a call to attend the processing weekend in August. Has anybody received their info packets yet? After 4 years, that was one very unexpected call!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10053 users online. 421 members and 9632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X