Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 138'ish.........................(inside source).
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• We added another member to the Wall of Honor last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
        We added another member to the Wall of Honor last night.
        I just found out. 1st of the 193rd to be added.
        Last edited by Ranter64; 05-26-2012, 09:07 AM.
        When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Any word on processing for the 2nd class??? Anyone on here with an inside scoop?

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• NYSP and friends,

Amanda was an amazing person who always had a smile on her face. She was a genuinely nice person and worked out of a station with some of the hardest working guys in the State. They are very close and are devastated with the loss of one of their own. Some of you might recognize the name of her fiancé as he is also one of ours too.

I am simply unable to describe right now how good a person she was and how much she was admired by co workers and the public alike.

RIP Amanda...

Foster Funeral Home » Blog Archive » Trooper Amanda Anna

Trooper Amanda Anna, 31, of Liverpool, went home to be with her Lord, Saturday at University Hospital following an accident while in the line of duty. A native of Fair Haven she had graduated from Hannibal Central Schools in 1999 and Houghton College where she had excelled in scholastics and basketball. She was a six year veteran with the New York State Police and was assigned to the Hastings barracks where she devoted her passion to the community. Amanda enjoyed playing in the Legion Band, was a sailing instructor at Fair Haven Yacht Club and a competitive athlete. She is survived by her four year old son, Ethan Charles Anna; her fiancé, Andrew Lodge and his three children, of Liverpool; her parents, Florence and Frank Wallace of Fair Haven; siblings, Vernon and Craig Wallace both of PA; several aunts, uncles and cousins. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Friday at North Syracuse Baptist Church, 420 South Main St., North Syracuse, NY with committal and burial at Springbrook Cemetery, Route 104A, Sterling. Calling hours will be 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Foster Funeral Home, 910 Fay St., Fulton. Memorial contributions may be made to the Trooper Amanda Anna Fund, P.O. Box 485, Fair Haven, NY 13064

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXpDNG1UBww

Amanda's funeral in its entirety. Forward to 1:25:36 to hear one of her friends speak some kind words about her. The Eulogy before and after are also very touching.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI11j...e_gdata_player

Zac Brown Band dedicated a song to Trooper Amanda Anna during their concert in Saratoga Springs, NY on the day she was laid to rest. Pretty damn awesome.

Comment

• Any one happen to know what make/model our patrol rifle is?

Comment

• Originally posted by TprBrownie View Post
                      Any one happen to know what make/model our patrol rifle is?
                      Division uses the Rock River Arms rifles.

The thing is that every M4 is interchangable no matter who makes it. It shouldn't matter because the upper from my Bushmaster will fit on Division's Rock River Arms lower but Division says it has to be Rock River Arms. I really hope that someone who knows firearms and hasn't been off the road for a decade or more is allowed to start making some decisions about our tools on the road. Allow us to use our own M4 (no matter what manufatcure) with whatever toys we choose to add (I'll even buy my own ammo) as long as we can qualify with it every range.

Sorry for the rant but I can't think of even one situation that I would grab a short barrel 870 over an M4.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• That's why I'm asking. I was looking to buy the same model that we carry with the hopes that at the very least we can carry our personally owned AR's one day, since I doubt we will be seeing any division issued patrol rifles any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by TprBrownie View Post
                          That's why I'm asking. I was looking to buy the same model that we carry with the hopes that at the very least we can carry our personally owned AR's one day, since I doubt we will be seeing any division issued patrol rifles any time soon.
                          Did you read my post on that subject last year on the PBA website? They don't seem receptive to a personally owned rifle program.

Comment

• Yeah I recall them not loving the idea. Even if that never pans out, being familiar with that particular rifle can't hurt next time they are looking to add some patrol rifles. I know out of the 3 patrol rifles at our station, only 1 is actually on the road. Of the other two one was transferred and eventually made rank and one is on a wire tap and has been for months. All 3 are on platoon 2 anyway, leaving platoon 1 with no PRM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              138'ish.........................(inside source).
                              That would be nice. It's a bigger number than what I've been hearing.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• From what I'm gathering you don't all have the privilege of a patrol rifle. Do you atleast carry shotguns in each car?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6050 users online. 227 members and 5823 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X