Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Once we got off the exit, my car-pool crew and I would procrastinate on entering the building and head over to the Bagel store on Western until we had 15 minutes before lock-down.

    Comment


    • It took me at least 7 or 8 times before I stopped getting that sinking depressing feeling as I approached Exit 3. I remember asking a senior guy what to expect the first time I went down there after graduating and he said "walk around like you own the place".

      I go there a few times a year now and do cart wheels down the hallways while high fiving whatever brass I pass...

      Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      Anyone else recall how miserable Sunday nights were? That sinking feeling you got when you hit Exit 3..... happy Sunday #1 recruits.

      Comment


      • Any word on the next class getting processed...I heard possibly August?

        Comment


        • The following is an article regarding the new NYSP class swearing in. Also talks a little about next class, attrition, etc...

          State's long gray line growing again - Times Union

          Comment


          • interestng...thanks for the info...

            Comment


            • For a good laugh... read 3066500. You can't make this up.
              sigpic

              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

              Trooper4985's official theme song

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                For a good laugh... read 3066500. You can't make this up.
                i remember that one...had it hanging in the squadroom back when it occured. Incident location was just south of our patrol area.

                How'd you come upon that one? You're from further north, no?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                  i remember that one...had it hanging in the squadroom back when it occured. Incident location was just south of our patrol area.

                  How'd you come upon that one? You're from further north, no?
                  I wish I could say it was something more than typing the wrong number that I was actually trying to lookup during a recent search of SJS, but I can't. Call it dumb luck. I have never met the Trooper or Investigator but they should both be given awards for their writing ability regardless of anything else they do throughout their careers based solely on those two narratives.

                  I have no doubt there are other treasures hiding in the computer that I hope to find someday.
                  sigpic

                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                  Trooper4985's official theme song

                  Comment


                  • I am lucky in my current profession in LE, that i have had to develop my report writting skills. I look forward to bringing it to the NYSP someday...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                      For a good laugh... read 3066500. You can't make this up.
                      I'm going to find the entry on a bizarre 1192 arrest, I think it was out of SP Brewster. The guy was swerving all over the road.....however alcohol was only a partially contributing factor in his poor driving. The other factor was that he had his "junk" tied to the steering wheel with a shoelace. That incident report was a literary masterpiece.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        I'm going to find the entry on a bizarre 1192 arrest, I think it was out of SP Brewster. The guy was swerving all over the road.....however alcohol was only a partially contributing factor in his poor driving. The other factor was that he had his "junk" tied to the steering wheel with a shoelace. That incident report was a literary masterpiece.
                        yet you still passed our background....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                          yet you still passed our background....
                          Well played sir, well played.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

                          Comment


                          • Great work by the guys in K-Troop last night!
                            Glad everyone went home, minus the bad guy.

                            http://hudsonvalley.ynn.com/content/...home-invasion/
                            Last edited by arls116; 05-15-2012, 08:43 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by arls116 View Post
                              Great work by the guys in K-Troop last night!
                              Glad everyone went home, minus the bad guy.
                              That's my station. Lucky everything worked out the way it did. Be safe.
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

                              Comment


                              • What's the latest news on the 198th size?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7274 users online. 376 members and 6898 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X