Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so the cycle begins again....

Comment

• Here we go, time to pick up the workout intesity a little bit more to make sure I'm ready when I get that letter in the mailbox. Hopefully it's in the next day or two, but I live way upstate and I think mail is usually a little slower to arrive here.

Comment

• Congrats trooperCand (did you do you medical for the January class?). Your the first one on here to receive one. Approximately what is your number and where do you live?

Hopefully I'll be in the same boat as trooperCand, but today I'm in the same boat as you are willeck, I'll be anxiously awaiting the mailman. I know this is only day 1 that the invites were received, but does anyone have any numbers on how many will get invites or how big the class will be?

Comment

• phoenix,
          I've heard that the class size is going to be 150.

Comment

• Congrats to those who have received their invites and hope those still awaiting theirs, have befriended the mailman in your area. I now if I was in your shoes, (and hopefully will be in the near future), I would bribe the mailman to come to my house first if he sees a big yellow envelope with my name on it. I can’t imagine the anticipation and anxiety some of you are feeling right now! Good luck everyone and try to relax and enjoy the holiday weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperCand View Post
              Recieved the letter for the Medical on June 30th. Class starts Aug 13, 2007.

I got the same letter today.

I live close to Albany so I'm sure that helped with getting it so fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperCand View Post
                Recieved the letter for the Medical on June 30th. Class starts Aug 13, 2007.
                I just recieved a letter too. But it was from the retirement board.
                It's an estimate of my pension should I retire now.

Schweeeeeeet
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Thanks Phoenix. I did complete the medical for the January class back in November. I live on Long Island. I am not sure what my rank is currently, but when I started processing last April it was around 5200 give or take. Hopefully those who have been waiting will also recieve the letter in the next day or two. Good Luck......
                  Last edited by trooperCand; 05-25-2007, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                    The weather is fantastic. To everybody currently in the academy, picking up garbage outside is just about the best work detail there is to be done.
                    How can you forget picking pine cones, weeding the ball field, washing the windows? Oh and I forgot the ever romantic picking weeds at night by flashlight.
                    When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Congratulations on receiving the letter. I am waiting for my mailman to come. I also attended the medical in November am anxiously awaiting the invite!! Good Luck.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranter64 View Post
                        How can you forget picking pine cones, weeding the ball field, washing the windows? Oh and I forgot the ever romantic picking weeds at night by flashlight.
                        They all sound pretty easy compared to what I've heard guys many years ago went though at the academy... pushing vehicles around in the middle of the night (SDT?). One session in my class (187th) was playing card games on the computers during thier Daegar class so we all paid the price the next morning at the mercy of Sgt. Lee and a deck of cards. One of the guys at my station who graduated from the last class tells stories of 220+ squat thrusts and uncountable mountain climbers.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                          They all sound pretty easy compared to what I've heard guys many years ago went though at the academy... pushing vehicles around in the middle of the night (SDT?).
                          I don't remember doing that, though it's sounds like something they would think of. Maybe it was before/after my class.

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                          One session in my class (187th) was playing card games on the computers during thier Daegar class so we all paid the price the next morning at the mercy of Sgt. Lee and a deck of cards. One of the guys at my station who graduated from the last class tells stories of 220+ squat thrusts and uncountable mountain climbers.
                          Oh the memories are flooding back, I'm feeling kerflempt.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Yeah the Squat-Thrusts started as one for every recruit in the class. 263 was the number. I think someone took mercy at 230ish. Ask him to tell you about the morning of a thousand jumping jacks. I never cursed my 215lbs more than having to jump 4" off the ground over and over.
                            When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Since we are telling horror stories...

My class had the guy who knocked out the 320 puhups and broke the division record. The staff would keep us in the push up position trying to get him and another guy to break. Of course this guy never broke so the rest of us would be flopping around like fish out of water trying to hold the pu position....

All the push ups must have worked as around 10% of the class did over 100 pushups in the final PT test.

Comment

• Holiday = No mail, hopefully tomorrow the rest of us waiting for those medical letters will get them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10869 users online. 374 members and 10495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X