Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second you on this one. All the best to everyone on this 2006, as far as nysp looks like we are all still in waiting mode.

Originally posted by RANDALL29
    I know this is kind of late, but I wish everyone Merry Christmas and a happy new year and I also wish that everyone's wish of getting into the spring academy comes true for all who are still alive in this post from the bottom of my heart to all

Comment

Thanks Randall and Troophopeful, hope you guys are having a great New Year

Comment

Trying to keep this alive! Anyone have any new information such as more rumors about the size of the next class, up to what rank number they will be calling to the medical, or what rank number they will reach for the class?

Comment

Everything keep pointing to a HUGE next class. Some time ago i spoke with a recruiter and was told the same thing, the next class is going to be massive.
          As far as your other questions, no answers from me yet.
          I think right now everyone # 1 concern should be ready to go and continue with the pt.

Originally posted by mike the marine
          Trying to keep this alive! Anyone have any new information such as more rumors about the size of the next class, up to what rank number they will be calling to the medical, or what rank number they will reach for the class?

Comment

April 2006.
            Last edited by Troophopeful; 01-10-2006, 05:16 PM.

Comment

BIG BIG class

I just talked to my recruiter today and he said class should start the 1st week of April or maybe the 2nd (3rd or 10th for dates). He also told me it would be a class of 260. That is the biggest class size they can have and still be all on the same campus. And I also found out my rank has gone up about 300 places since the initial test score. Good luck to all. And I can't wait for family orientation so the recruiter can tell my girlfriend I don't have to do yard work when I'm home on the weekends because I'll be studying.
              Last edited by Ranter64; 01-10-2006, 07:15 PM.
              When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

Ranter, you are indeed correct. The NYSP is holding a pat weekend in feb, they will be calling a whole new group of candidates from the list so that they can have the large class in April (since they have to up the #'s of qualified recruits ready for the academy) The SP is really going to be busy these next few weeks.

Comment

Good luck, I hope you all make it into the April class.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea when the medical will be held? I would think March, but I dought it because of more processing in February.

Comment

Do you think it is possible that they will hold two separate medical examinations? They are going to be cutting it awfully close with a February processing and an April academy.

Comment

RGratton:

I was thinking of the same thing. More in the lines of the NYSP consolidating the process for the pat weekend candidates in early Feb to cover all the areas of the medical (pu/su) at the time of processing then for those who are fit to move on, have the bi, poly, psych etc. Then just processing a 2nd medical for the non Feb candidates and then sending invites in rank order. Just a thought. NYPD did something similar, called some candidates from the Oct 2005 written test for processing this weekend. Those who make it will go in to the current academy (started on 1/9.06) by the 31st of this month.
                        Last edited by Troophopeful; 01-15-2006, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Update on academy date

The rumor mill says they are processing PAT's up to 4500-4700 to ensure they have enough candidates ready for the next class of 260. Problem is, is that it takes a minimum of 3 months to process these new candidates. Because of this time frame, the word is that the class will be pushed back to may/june. So all we have now is time and patience to work on along with our PT Scores...

Bigger the class, the bigger our chances to getting a seat.. If they have to process more people to fill a class, we all should be in a good position to getting in.. Good Luck All..

Comment

I hope they can find a way to shorten the timeline for the sake of everyone and keep it in April. If they need new troopers as bad as people are saying, then it would behoove them to get it going as soon as possible (probably paying out a lot of money in overtime). I guess if they can

Comment

[QUOTE=RGratton]
                              I did hear something about the possibility of an Oswego class a while ago. However, I haven
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

I tried to throw some water on it myself, but figured I would toss it out there. We can call it debunked. It sure would save me a lot of driving time though! I

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10879 users online. 517 members and 10362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X