Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd on the backfill list will probably make it before the academy even starts. I'd be ready to go.... I was seventh but got called on Friday to be there on Sunday. Have your bag ready to go, don't wait to buy supplies or you'll spend your last two days scrambling in the mall.

Comment

• I would say 3rd on the list would be there Monday morning at the latest. Just set up camp in front of the phone and keep the car running.
      When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        Highly likely. Keep a bag packed.
        Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
        First Week? Try the first hr...
        Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
        3rd on the backfill list will probably make it before the academy even starts. I'd be ready to go.... I was seventh but got called on Friday to be there on Sunday. Have your bag ready to go, don't wait to buy supplies or you'll spend your last two days scrambling in the mall.
        Originally posted by Ranter64 View Post
        I would say 3rd on the list would be there Monday morning at the latest. Just set up camp in front of the phone and keep the car running.
        Went out and bought everything and planning as though I am going to be leaving on Sunday. Bags are packed and ready to go. Now all I need is a phone call.

Comment

• Just got the call from Albany that my number has been reached on the backfill list and that I'll be heading to start the academy this Sunday. I'm pumped!

Comment

• That is great Jnik!!! So as as #7 I'm sure I will be seeing you there!!!

Comment

• I'm sure you will amryvet83. Very happy here.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                  Those of you going in, stick to private messaging once the academy begins and act online as if everyone is watching and knows your identity... the same as you should conduct yourself on the road and inside of other people's residences. Good luck and don't quit.
                  +1
                  good luck to all the new R/Ts

Comment

• I'm with everyone as far as "don't quit"....but IF you doubt it, and IF your heart isn't in it...QUIT EARLY so they can back fill your spot rather than waste a slot. There is nothing I hate more than someone blocking someone who really wants it! We are all happy to have new recruits and want as many hitting the road as possible.

With that said, Congrats Jnik. Armyvet, I'd be feeling pretty good at your spot... I remember the feeling of getting notified and I still get excited every day to wear the grey bag.

Comment

• With that said, Congrats Jnik. Armyvet, I'd be feeling pretty good at your spot... I remember the feeling of getting notified and I still get excited every day to wear the grey bag.[/QUOTE]

I'm excited to wear the short sleeve bag ASAP. Congrats on the upcoming 6 years GrayState.
                      When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Originally posted by JNik84 View Post
                        Just got the call from Albany that my number has been reached on the backfill list and that I'll be heading to start the academy this Sunday. I'm pumped!
                        That's that great to hear Jnik, congratulations! Just got off the phone with the state police, I am the next one in line to be called. I have the bags packed, the phone on full blast and the car gassed up.

Comment

• Good luck to all the fortunate individuals going into the academy in a few days. Its going to be long and exhausting, but worth all the trouble. If you do think of quitting, make sure you remember how bad you originally wanted the opportunity.

Comment

• Big day today.........
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              Big day today.........
                              affirm!

Comment

• A lot of recruit Troopers laying in their bunks staring at the ceiling (or top bunk) wondering WTF the got themselves into... Wonder are they 2, 3, or 4 to a room. I am thinking 3 or 4 because of Dive School going though too.

I sure don't miss those 30 second showers after PT trying to get ready in time to line up for breakfast!!!

I should be there in a few weeks to encourage them on :-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7683 users online. 166 members and 7517 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X