300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    Did they give either of you any idea where you are on the backfill list... I'm willing to bet that at least the first 3 guys will get called in a class of 140. We lost 2 or 3 the first night.
    No they did not give me an indication of where I was positioned on the list.

Comment

• They gave me no indication where I was.

Comment

• Congratulations to Akraw, and good luck to those of you on the backfill list.

GrayState is at the Academy now for some in-service training. He found my pictures on the wall from when I was an ATO (1994-95 I think) and when I was a recruit (1986). Funny to see those old pictures.

Remember, you only get your picture on the wall if you graduate. Don't quit!
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          and when I was a recruit (1986).
          I was just out of diapers in '86!!!!
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Help! I received my letter of appointment to start the academy in 2 weeks. This morning I got pulled over and was issued a ticket for a non-moving violation for "delaying traffic." It is a 0 points non-moving violation. I am freaking out. Do I call this in to my background investigator? Will this affect my spot in the academy? What do I do???

Comment

• Originally posted by lehopeful111 View Post
              Help! I received my letter of appointment to start the academy in 2 weeks. This morning I got pulled over and was issued a ticket for a non-moving violation for "delaying traffic." It is a 0 points non-moving violation. I am freaking out. Do I call this in to my background investigator? Will this affect my spot in the academy? What do I do???
              PM sent.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I just called my background investigator because I didn't know what else to do. He just told me to pay it and make sure I hold onto the paperwork. But he didn't make it seem like it needed to be reported to anyone or anything. Does this mean I'm alright?

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I think so. The BI gave you good advise. Pay it, and get it over with. You don't want a pending charge when you show up at the academy. And you told your BI. It's not like you are trying to hide it.

Pay the fine. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Comment

• Found out from my recruiter today that I am #3 on the backfill list for the April academy class. Hoping some may decline appointment or drop out in the first week.

Comment

• Highly likely. Keep a bag packed.

Comment

• First Week? Try the first hr...

Comment

• Can any recruiter tell me where I sit on the backfill list or do I have to stick to my specific troop?

Comment

• Originally posted by armyvet83 View Post
                              Can any recruiter tell me where I sit on the backfill list or do I have to stick to my specific troop?
                              Stick to your Troop Recruiter. If they are on vacation or out of office for any reason they will have an alternate recruiter covering for them.

Just left the Academy today, tempo is definitely picking up there. NCO/ATO staff is already there prepping and getting in-service. Today for class we had to sit in the lecture hall. I couldn't force myself to sit in my old seat....

Ahh, memories....

Comment

• Thanks arls..I was finally able to get in contact with my recruiter..I'm 7th on the list!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12157 users online. 441 members and 11716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X