Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got dq'ed 4 years before I got hired. I requested a meeting and was granted one with employee relations. They explained everything to me professionally and I was able to make the changes they wanted me to for the next test. Just a thought...

Comment

• I was dq'd by the NYS Park Police 2 years before I recieved my letter of acceptance to the NYSP Academy. Never really knew why the Park Police didnt take me, so I understand your frustrations. But if there is anything I can tell ya, its that myself and linux didnt let it stop us from trying again. Dont give up on your goals, Work through the frustrations. Best of Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
        I haven't heard anything but at this point I'd volunteer for T-2....
        +1

No draft rumors down my way.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          Poor Arls, the guy never gets a break!!!
          I'm the stuff of legends dude.
          Guys from 197 will remember me for their entire career and then some.
          All I can say is your welcome!

Comment

• Like Mrad and Cadetlinux (both of whom are classmates of mine from the 197th), I was DQ'd by the California Highway Patrol during the last stages of their processing. I was crushed and I thought it was the end of the line for me becoming a cop. 7 weeks later I got hired by NYSP, and a week after I got into the NYSP academy, I got accepted by the US Border Patrol. Sometimes things just happen for reasons unknown.

Keep your heads in the game!!!! There are alot of great agencies out their looking for good people!!!
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by arls116 View Post
              I'm the stuff of legends dude.
              Guys from 197 will remember me for their entire career and then some.
              All I can say is your welcome!

I'll give you that.... but I'm still the guy who got kicked in the nuts by drunk lady. I made the newspaper and radio for that....not to mention an AMS message describing injury to said junk

The man, the myth, the legend....
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I'll give you that.... but I'm still the guy who got kicked in the nuts by drunk lady. I made the newspaper and radio for that....not to mention an AMS message describing injury to said junk

Getting a foot job by a drunk chick is no way to become a legend

Comment

Gotta say that I had a good laugh when I read the news and the AMS.

For all the DQ's out there, I to went through that feeling. I processed and was slated to be in the 196. Then, come 2 weeks before the Academy start date I never even got the golden ticket or a DQ letter. Recruiter called me a few days later and said you didn't get in and that was that. I figured I was done, I was too old to take the new exam when it came out and so it appeared to be the end of the line for me. Months later, my recruiter called me out of the blue and told me that there was to be an extension of my old list and that I would be getting a spot in the 197. I did a little dance...
                  Just like Cadetlinux and others have said don't give up hope, talk to your recruiter or employee relations about why you were DQ'ed and try again if you can. If you max out on age like I almost did you're truely sunk but if thats not the case don't give up until you've exhausted all your options.

Best of luck to all of the new R/T's out there. Keep your noses clean and more importantly read up on Sarge's (SDT) pack list for the academy. Make sure you bring a cozy blanket and pillow to. The ones here are itchy.

Comment

• Thanks Phoenix, Reils, cadetlinux, mrad, arls.... I'm not giving up yet
                    Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    Like Mrad and Cadetlinux (both of whom are classmates of mine from the 197th), I was DQ'd by the California Highway Patrol during the last stages of their processing. I was crushed and I thought it was the end of the line for me becoming a cop. 7 weeks later I got hired by NYSP, and a week after I got into the NYSP academy, I got accepted by the US Border Patrol. Sometimes things just happen for reasons unknown.

Keep your heads in the game!!!! There are alot of great agencies out their looking for good people!!!

Comment

• Figured Id let you all know - One of the guys I know who was waiting for his letter - recieved it today.. the only dissapointing thing is in the letter it advises that the new recruits will be hired under Tier 6 retirement... Anyways congrats to the other 139 candidates who recieve their letters in the next few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrad44 View Post
                        Figured Id let you all know - One of the guys I know who was waiting for his letter - recieved it today.. the only dissapointing thing is in the letter it advises that the new recruits will be hired under Tier 6 retirement... Anyways congrats to the other 139 candidates who recieve their letters in the next few days.
                        Got a call from a few candidates I know today telling me they got their letter. Congrats and good luck to all of the future R/Ts of the 198!

Comment

• What is the start date for the 198? Anyone hear when they might start sending letters for the next round of processing, and when that might be? Are the rumors still good for June?
                          Last edited by NYSP61; 04-04-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by arls116 View Post
                            Gotta say that I had a good laugh when I read the news and the AMS.

For all the DQ's out there, I to went through that feeling. I processed and was slated to be in the 196. Then, come 2 weeks before the Academy start date I never even got the golden ticket or a DQ letter. Recruiter called me a few days later and said you didn't get in and that was that. I figured I was done, I was too old to take the new exam when it came out and so it appeared to be the end of the line for me. Months later, my recruiter called me out of the blue and told me that there was to be an extension of my old list and that I would be getting a spot in the 197. I did a little dance...
                            Just like Cadetlinux and others have said don't give up hope, talk to your recruiter or employee relations about why you were DQ'ed and try again if you can. If you max out on age like I almost did you're truely sunk but if thats not the case don't give up until you've exhausted all your options.

Best of luck to all of the new R/T's out there. Keep your noses clean and more importantly read up on Sarge's (SDT) pack list for the academy. Make sure you bring a cozy blanket and pillow to. The ones here are itchy.

I was in the same boat as Arls. Never got the acceptance letter for the 196th and with no explanation although I have a feeling it was due to the budget cuts. I was a "leftover" for the 197th. Just hang in there and it'll happen. It took 4 years for me.

Comment

• Greetings all,

Glad to see that NYSP is hiring again. I was supposed to get in the NYS Court Officer academy on 1/6/11, but it was postponed indefinitely.

I was wondering, when NYSP was on a hiring freeze, were they still processing people? I am asking this because the courts is still processing potential candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                                Greetings all,

Glad to see that NYSP is hiring again. I was supposed to get in the NYS Court Officer academy on 1/6/11, but it was postponed indefinitely.

I was wondering, when NYSP was on a hiring freeze, were they still processing people? I am asking this because the courts is still processing potential candidates.
                                No. And because it has been 3 years since our last class... those that were already processing, had to do everything over again for the most part.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6027 users online. 229 members and 5798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X