300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oakley150 View Post
    Got stopped by NYSP today...showed him my tin (non NYSP)... the trooper proceeded to give me a speech about why going 10 mph over the speed limit is such a travesty. I was not ina position to argue, so I agreed with him. Gotta be honest tho not too impressed with this today. I may be a new officer, but when I see legitimate credentials...no speech given, let him go and just continue with my work.

Not to mention Ive always aspired to be NYSP...I was a little taken back by this troopers reaction.
    Wouldn't you get annoyed if you were that trooper and you kept pulling over rookie NYC cops who were driving like morons?

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
      Wouldn't you get annoyed if you were that trooper and you kept pulling over rookie NYC cops who were driving like morons?
      While I don't believe the 10mph part...I have been stopped by a fellow trooper and been shocked at how I was talked to. It is rare, but there are some among us that I wonder about.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
        While I don't believe the 10mph part...I have been stopped by a fellow trooper and been shocked at how I was talked to. It is rare, but there are some among us that I wonder about.
        While I do believe that there are fellow Troopers who are less than congenial, because I am one of them once in a while.... even I don't stop for 10 over on the highway (even if it's a car I want to stop), then give another cop a speech.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
          While I do believe that there are fellow Troopers who are less than congenial, because I am one of them once in a while.... even I don't stop for 10 over on the highway (even if it's a car I want to stop), then give another cop a speech.
          I'm not congenial, but at the same time, I treat people the same way I expect to be treated. After all, you're wrecking somebody's radar time
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            After all, you're wrecking somebody's radar time
            That's what I'm talking about.....never get between a Trooper and his radar time.

I don't know too may Troopers anywhere that get excited about 10 over, there has to be more to this. But then again I have dealt with all kinds. Tin hanging out the window before I even put the car in park, tin up against the window before I can even introduce myself, folks jumping out in full uniform with tin on their chest, screaming they are late for roll call.....

And my all time favorite, the FBI agent running mach 1 in an un-marked car, with no lights or siren on, stating he is responding to a kidnapping.... When I asked him why he didn't just turn his lights and siren on to avoid getting stopped, he looked at me dumbfounded and stated, "Yeah, I guess can do that." He fired them up and off he went....
            Last edited by statebear; 03-30-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
              I'm not congenial, but at the same time, I treat people the same way I expect to be treated. After all, you're wrecking somebody's radar time
              I guess you and I are different here....because I've been in both roles and won't be a hypocrite about it.....however, if you make me chase you down the highway, hold your tin to a window, etc...etc... then I may take a different approach. Even then I'll be cordial and bitch about them later. We're all brothers and unless it's very flagrant I think being less than cordial is almost unprofessional.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrad44 View Post
                I was just thinking about how after we left the academy theres been nothing but Dust to occupy the rooms. And after seeing the File 14 I see the Dust Nazi is going to return. I feel bad for all you entering the academy on April 23rd.

Im sure that the new chinup bar that our class purchased as a gift to the academy will be worked in, in no time.
                Also out of the 197th. Long time lurker I finally joined a few weeks back. I was up there a month ago for training and there is a lot of new equipment for the recruits to "enjoy" using. Enjoy the Dust Nazi. I stayed in the Academy for the week and there is almost 4 years of dust waiting for you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                  I guess you and I are different here....because I've been in both roles and won't be a hypocrite about it.....however, if you make me chase you down the highway, hold your tin to a window, etc...etc... then I may take a different approach. Even then I'll be cordial and bitch about them later. We're all brothers and unless it's very flagrant I think being less than cordial is almost unprofessional.
                  I hear ya, but at the same time... I dont know about where you work, but depending on the time of day, I could be working a radar spot and stop nothing but city cops. If I'm stationary on the TSP between 6 and 7 am, I'm probably going to stop about 6 or 7 CO's going to Greenhaven. Proffessional, yes; cordial, no.

You must've learned that in the army
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Has anyone that attended the final medical last weekend heard anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebin1622 View Post
                      Has anyone that attended the final medical last weekend heard anything?
                      I'm guessing another week before anyone hears anything... a Deputy I work with said they were told 2 weeks from the medical.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Haven't heard of anyone getting a letter yet, but when they do start arriving our site is usually one of the first to report. Good Luck to those waiting!

Comment

• Got the wrong letter in the mail today guys and gals. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Pretty crazy roller coaster of a process getting backlisted in 08', going through the whole process twice to get the DQ letter 3 weeks before the academy. I was totally amped for the opportunity and I feel I would have done the job justice, but what's meant to be will be.

The DQ letter doesn't give you a reason as to why but I had a few blurps in my teens so I guess you have to live with the choices you make. I feel as though I am a qualified candidate as the man I am today and the choices/lifestyle I've lived as an adult but somebody else disagreed. I didn't have any documented reasons (arrested or charges) but I was upfront and honest about my situation. So i can live with the fact that I was an honest applicant and it just didn't work out. I wouldn't have wanted to get in based on lies and deceitfulness. I'm sure not too many of you care about my particulars but I'm also giving out info to those questioning whether or not they'll make it. Also feels nice to get this off my chest and get some closure after 4 years of processing and following these forums.

Still sending out good vibes and thoughts to those of you in the process. I hope all of you get in and make the most out of it. Take it as a blessing and be greatful. 3 people won the lottery last night, but 140 of you will win a figurative lottery yourselves this month. This hasn't left a sour taste in my mouth toward the organization. I'm going to continue pursuing a life in law enforcement or perhaps the military as I sincerely want to serve the public. Thanks to all the contributors to these forums for the information over the years and I hope all of you have safe and fulfilling careers.
                          NYSP
                          2008 Exam Score - 97.64
                          Rank- 6xx

Comment

• Originally posted by Blitzfitz2150 View Post
                            Got the wrong letter in the mail today guys and gals. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Pretty crazy roller coaster of a process getting backlisted in 08', going through the whole process twice to get the DQ letter 3 weeks before the academy. I was totally amped for the opportunity and I feel I would have done the job justice, but what's meant to be will be.

The DQ letter doesn't give you a reason as to why but I had a few blurps in my teens so I guess you have to live with the choices you make. I feel as though I am a qualified candidate as the man I am today and the choices/lifestyle I've lived as an adult but somebody else disagreed. I didn't have any documented reasons (arrested or charges) but I was upfront and honest about my situation. So i can live with the fact that I was an honest applicant and it just didn't work out. I wouldn't have wanted to get in based on lies and deceitfulness. I'm sure not too many of you care about my particulars but I'm also giving out info to those questioning whether or not they'll make it. Also feels nice to get this off my chest and get some closure after 4 years of processing and following these forums.

Still sending out good vibes and thoughts to those of you in the process. I hope all of you get in and make the most out of it. Take it as a blessing and be greatful. 3 people won the lottery last night, but 140 of you will win a figurative lottery yourselves this month. This hasn't left a sour taste in my mouth toward the organization. I'm going to continue pursuing a life in law enforcement or perhaps the military as I sincerely want to serve the public. Thanks to all the contributors to these forums for the information over the years and I hope all of you have safe and fulfilling careers.
                            Sorry to hear the bad news. I've gone through the same processing as you and know very well the stresses that you went through. I await for their decision in the mail still. Whatever you do, do not take this as a set back rather as very strong learning experience. You should feel good about yourself to know that you've made this far with one of the finest and most competitive agencies in the country. Good luck in your pursuit of a law enforcement position. If you truly believe you're worthy then there is a position for you out there. Keep your head up and keep plugging away.

Comment

• Same news here Blitz. I can relate to your post 100%. I'm very surprised. I scored practically the same exam score as you and have been on this thread and went through this entire process two times as well over the past 4 years. Strange because I've received lots of positive feedback from everyone I've met and interacted with.

Not really sure what to make of it... but it is what it is. I find it odd that you do everything in your power to ensure things are up to date, accurate and receive positive feedback and get a letter that states your own information is confidential and that it can't be disclosed why one gets DQ'd.

On the Medical, the Dr. lists qualified... physical passed @ graduation 90th percentile numbers, BI states all is in good order, polygraphist states it will be good to see you in uniform and then a letter comes in stating you don't meet the requirements...

For those that make it in, best of luck. For those that receive the vague DQ letter, remember everyone makes mistakes and life knocks us all back at times in different ways, but it's how you get back up and what you do after that makes the difference. Stay positive.

Things happen for a reason and the closure in this process will motivate me further in my current career. Thanks to all the Troopers and candidates on this thread for the information shared over the past few years.

Originally posted by Blitzfitz2150 View Post
                              Got the wrong letter in the mail today guys and gals. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Pretty crazy roller coaster of a process getting backlisted in 08', going through the whole process twice to get the DQ letter 3 weeks before the academy. I was totally amped for the opportunity and I feel I would have done the job justice, but what's meant to be will be.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Yankees13 and Blitz. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8900 users online. 390 members and 8510 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X