Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I could add to what SDT just posted.

Your first night I wouldn't eat anything. The instructors buy pizza and wings so you can eat as much as possible before the academy really starts on Monday!

Just be yourself be natural and high five the instructors as they walk by. They will appreciate someone with balls than a scared little girl...

If you have been through another academy make sure to tell the instructors that you learned a better way or if you are a boxing superstar or a grappling genius point out errors the DT team may be teaching... They will appreciate your input!
    Last edited by GrayPatriot; 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      So the next class is set to begin in April. In the past, I've posted some informational items that may answer some questions, and ease the way into academy life. Below is a partial list of suggestions.
      Sarge I hope that even after you call it quits with Division, you stick around here. I wish I had such sage advice available to me 10 years ago... my academy life would have been much better than what it was.

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
      Remember kids... Meth is bad for you.
      Even if I stick around for another 19 years... this guy will most likely still be in federal prison for my retirement party.
      Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-21-2012, 02:23 PM.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• ----------
        Last edited by oakley150; 03-23-2012, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• And if I can add to this -

I had many class mates that felt they wouldnt be able to make it through the academy, 1 had a great idea to bring in a "motivational piece" his old badge to remind him of where he came from and how bad he wanted to be a NYS trooper. This worked out great for him he made it through and is now wearing the purple tie.

Also bring in as much protien as you can, especially for all you heavy lifters going into the academy, Unless you go and specifically ask the Sgt or Tpr in charge of the PT the 1st week about using the wieght room youll be stuck doing the same PT as the rest of the class and loosing all your muscle mass.

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
          If I could add to what SDT just posted.

Your first night I wouldn't eat anything. The instructors buy pizza and wings so you can eat as much as possible before the academy really starts on Monday!

Just be yourself be natural and high five the instructors as they walk by. They will appreciate someone with balls than a scared little girl...

If you have been through another academy make sure to tell the instructors that you learned a better way or if you are a boxing superstar or a grappling genius point out errors the DT team may be teaching... They will appreciate your input!

Comment

• Thanks for great suggestions guys. I haven't worked at the Academy in over 10 years. Do they still allow room air-conditioners? It gets stuffy in those dorms.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• On another note....COB today makes 26 years with the NYSP. UGH.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                On another note....COB today makes 26 years with the NYSP. UGH.
                Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                  Arls,
                  I remember you celebrating in the gym a time or 2
                  Originally posted by mrad44 View Post
                  I had many class mates that felt they wouldnt be able to make it through the academy, 1 had a great idea to bring in a "motivational piece" his old badge
                  Poor Arls, the guy never gets a break!!!
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Ha Ha

Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                      Congratulations Three more years to go.

We will have to see about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        Has anyone else heard rumors of a T-way draft??? T-1 especially???
                        if T-1 is down in westchester, i know several troop L hopefuls that would jump all over the open spots

Comment

• Can't wait for this next exam Even if it is in 2020, at this rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                            if T-1 is down in westchester, i know several troop L hopefuls that would jump all over the open spots
                            Yea, T-1 is downstate.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Final Medical was a much quicker process this time w/o the modified PT. In and out in under 2 hours.
                              We picked out sizes for P/T gear, waited on line for the Dr. and kept it moving. Advised we should be receiving letters within 1-2 weeks, good luck all.

On another note, for those that went through this process that were from out of state, my understanding is you have to establish a NY residency/Driver's license prior to day 1 of entering the Academy. Does the address where you establish residency have an effect on where you could be placed upon graduation ? (i.e. if you change address to live with your Aunt/Uncle in upstate NY as opposed to living with another family member in say Staten Island or Long Island ?

Any info/help would be appreciated.

Comment

• all of the graduates are going to troop B F or K. Thats just the way it is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10789 users online. 487 members and 10302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X