Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the info Sir, that definitely gives me some things to think about because I eventually want to go through a paramedic class.

Comment

• any ideas on when the final medical would come if the academy starts on April 23??

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        There are plenty of Troopers who are EMTs... I think we even have some AEMTs.
        I know a couple who are paramedics.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbarb View Post
          any ideas on when the final medical would come if the academy starts on April 23??
          To answer yours and my own question, I just received a letter today requesting attendance to the final medical on Saturday March 24. Getting closer....

Comment

• Congrats. Did they make you redo your poly and interviews?

Comment

• thanks..I got my letter too! Sounds like we are only seeing a Dr. Doesnt sound like we are going to redo our push ups and sit ups since we have to appear in casual business attire. I guess because we were just up there last month. Would anyone else agree?

Comment

• Do you find out your ranking and if you make it in the next class on the day of your medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by FuturTroopr View Post
                  Do you find out your ranking and if you make it in the next class on the day of your medical?
                  No, you will be told not to quit your current job and you will hear something in a few weeks. Usually 1 or 2 weeks later they will send out the appointment letters.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
                    Spoke to the Troop NYC recruiter who informed me that prior Police service will give you pension credit up front. So if you're a PO in NYS, that time carries over in regards to retirement. You will maintain your current pension tier as well. It goes by the date that you first entered the Pension system without regard to the Police Department you were employed by.
                    Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe only those in the Police and Fire Retirement system have their time counted on the front. Those of us who are county mounties (deputy sheriffs) are in a different retirement system and our time only counts on the back.
                    4985 is right. If you are currently in the 20 year Police and Fire ERS (such as NYPD, and most other PD's in the state) then the time count on the front end. NYS time in other agencys (Health Dept, Corrections, etc) will count on the back end. And any time in the 25 year system (some Sheriff Deputys) does not count.

The NYSP does not recognize any other time for purposes of seniority however.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I know NY is on a hiring freeze but did anyone hear when the next test might be?

Comment

• Originally posted by sleffler60 View Post
                        I know NY is on a hiring freeze but did anyone hear when the next test might be?
                        Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                        www.nytrooper.com

Read and study.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
                          Congrats. Did they make you redo your poly and interviews?
                          Yes, pretty much start everything over and my BI updated my profile, yes dbarb, no modified pt from what I was told when confirmed attendance for the 24th. Good luck to all, I know some of us have been waiting quite sometime for this opportunity to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                            www.nytrooper.com

Read and study.
                            I'm Glad my answer came from a candidate, not even a recruit yet.....any way thanks for the info, thought that was what the forums were for.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY Police Man View Post
                              I'm Glad my answer came from a candidate, not even a recruit yet.....any way thanks for the info, thought that was what the forums were for.
                              All I can tell you is that this is not an orginization for those that are easily offended or are unable to conduct very basic investigations. Some are more qualified than others.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                                Yes, pretty much start everything over and my BI updated my profile, yes dbarb, no modified pt from what I was told when confirmed attendance for the 24th. Good luck to all, I know some of us have been waiting quite sometime for this opportunity to come.
                                I am in the same boat you are yankee13, I will be up there on the 24th for the medical. Just over a month to the start of the next class, or so the rumor goes. Good luck to all that are in the final stages of this round of processing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11099 users online. 429 members and 10670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X