Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For promotional opportunities within SP such as those to BCI, or OCT are you promoted locally or are you stationed where they need you? Or are these offices only located in certain areas i.e. Albany or NYC?

Thank you to everyone who has been answering questions on this forum.

Comment

• http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/

You might be able to find it here at the above link. If not find a contact number of theirs and tell them of your situation. If I make it in I'll be coming in from DOCS so I did some research to see which tier I'd be placed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
        For promotional opportunities within SP such as those to BCI, or OCT are you promoted locally or are you stationed where they need you? Or are these offices only located in certain areas i.e. Albany or NYC?

Thank you to everyone who has been answering questions on this forum.
        I have no idea what OCT is but the bureau guys are generally made within troop and usually even zone, as they should be. If you decide you want take the SGT test or higher you are most likely going to make a long drive for a long time. A guy I came on with took the promotion to SGT and was driving about 6 hours one way for about a year and 4 hours for another year before he made it back to his home Troop.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Thanks for the info. 6 hrs that nuts. What's the base pay for a sergeant?

Comment

• Originally posted by NY Police Man View Post
            I'm regards to the hire of a current officer I know you'd have to repeat the academy but does your time count in seniority? What about pension, and do you come in at your current tier?
            Spoke to the Troop NYC recruiter who informed me that prior Police service will give you pension credit up front. So if you're a PO in NYS, that time carries over in regards to retirement. You will maintain your current pension tier as well. It goes by the date that you first entered the Pension system without regard to the Police Department you were employed by.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
              Spoke to the Troop NYC recruiter who informed me that prior Police service will give you pension credit up front. So if you're a PO in NYS, that time carries over in regards to retirement. You will maintain your current pension tier as well. It goes by the date that you first entered the Pension system without regard to the Police Department you were employed by.
              Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe only those in the Police and Fire Retirement system have their time counted on the front. Those of us who are county mounties (deputy sheriffs) are in a different retirement system and our time only counts on the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe only those in the Police and Fire Retirement system have their time counted on the front. Those of us who are county mounties (deputy sheriffs) are in a different retirement system and our time only counts on the back.
                You are correct... A couple of guys I am stationed with are prior county and their time DOES NOT COUNT. Local police do get to count their time though.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• *Ooops, see below.
                  Last edited by NYSP61; 02-28-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY Police Man View Post
                    Thanks for the info. 6 hrs that nuts. What's the base pay for a sergeant?
                    www.nytrooper.com

Read and study.

Comment

• Anyone have an update on what rank number they are at on the list? According to nytrooper.com as of 1/23 they were at 2,403, but I heard it may be higher. Just curious.
                      Last edited by NYSP61; 02-29-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                        You are correct... A couple of guys I am stationed with are prior county and their time DOES NOT COUNT. Local police do get to count their time though.
                        Thanks.

Comment

• Do any of the current Troops have an idea of when the final medical date will be for the upcoming April class? If I recall correctly, isn't it usually 2-3 weeks prior to the beginning of class or sooner?

The process is moving pretty quickly and I'm hoping to get back up there soon. Also, for those that went through, how much time/notice were you able to give your current employer when you were offered/accepted the position?

Thanks for everyone's help/input.

Comment

• i had about 2-3 weeks notice, but i've heard stories about people getting much less

Comment

• Quick question. When I was up at the academy for this last round of processing, I saw some people during the physical fitness test that had "nys ems" on their shirts, I was wondering were they Troopers or civilian employees? Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by mad22 View Post
                                Quick question. When I was up at the academy for this last round of processing, I saw some people during the physical fitness test that had "nys ems" on their shirts, I was wondering were they Troopers or civilian employees? Thanks for your help.
                                There are plenty of Troopers who are EMTs... I think we even have some AEMTs.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8817 users online. 280 members and 8537 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X