Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would at least like to hear something as to how it went. Everyone on here gets the inside scoop! You're expected to better then everyone else... Go Forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      Arls,
      I remember you celebrating in the gym a time or 2
      Ya, celebrating, thats what you call it...
      And it was more like 50 times, give or take
      lol
      Last edited by arls116; 02-13-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greg11477 View Post
        @arls116

My bad, I wasn't putting it all together. That makes perfect sense now. I really waisted my best opportunity after the 2001 exam. I ranked 201 out of 12,000+, but re-enlisted in 2000 and that commitment took me through 2004. I was still on the deferred hiring list and could've processed, but I was selected for Officer Training School in 2004 and with a family I was afraid to give up the security/pay check. Now with the fiscal crisis and all the defense cuts I may get forced in to early retirement in FY 2013. I'm looking at local departments and the PA State Police have looser age requirements too. Thanks for looking out! Good luck to all you guys processing this weekend, give them hell on the PT Test!
        Ya, just know that I really wasn't trying to blatantly trash you or your dreams, I just wanted you to understand the improbability. Like I said, and it sounds like your on the right track, pursue municipal agencies while you still have time! Most NYS agencies announce exams in the late summer (end of August & early September) with exams given in November and December. I don't have the 1st clue about PA but NYS is pretty consistent. If you live in a less populated area consider attending a part-time academy (costs you lots of moneys) and getting certified on your own. Many departments like to hire guys who are certified before-hand because it offloads the training expense from their budgets. Worst case for you is that you age out from full-time eligibility all-together, but if that happens you can still go part-time anywhere. Agencies that hire part-timers can hire men of all ages assuming they have DCJS certification.

Good luck sir!
        Last edited by arls116; 02-17-2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Things went well during processing, couple new areas they looked at, we ended up running indoors due to a little snow on the ground, only about 400 people showed up, sounds like Apr 23 is tentative start date, psych interview in a couple weeks... time will tell... good luck all. Was told 140 going in for April and 90 in Oct.

Comment

• My trainees were at the academy for truck inspection school and said there sure were a lot of overweight trooper (cadets?) good luck to you guys, please join CVE since theres like 1 trooper and 1 sgt. in the entire t troop down 87 and I don't wanna get kidnapped by some trucker dude from Iowa!
            "Afraid of dying alone? Become a bus driver!"

Comment

• One of the troopers up there told me only 280 showed up on saturday and it was down to 220 on sunday. Put it this way they all fit in the mess hall with only about 20 needing to stand along the wall. I also heard 140 for a mid april class. It seemed like the troopers were just as excited about an upcoming class as the canidates. Good luck to all during the backrounds!

Comment

• Any idea what list number they are up to?

Comment

• 2300-2400 or so.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    My best guess is Feb 17th, to be effective March 1. Just a guess!
                    Pretty close
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Think they are going to send out another round of processing if only 400 or so showed up??

Comment

• For 130 slots? I would say no...maybe for October though.

Comment

• Any idea as to when the next exam will be?

Comment

• If I had to guess, I'd say around this time next year.

Comment

• Hm, hopefully by then I will be at an academy for a different agency. Its too bad there is a hiring freeze! NYSP would be my #1 choice in the country but the timing is not working out.

I am under the impression that there are no lateral transfers, is this correct?

Comment

• Any ideas when the next round of processing might be for the October class??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10457 users online. 508 members and 9949 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X