300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
    It's nice to hear of the up-coming promotions too. There hasn't been any movement within the SP since the end of the last ice age.
    On the same note... Yesterday, I heard 3 more names of guys who are retiring very soon... one officer and 2 investigators. Even if we get 230 recruits in the next year, I don't see the road manning changing very much.
    Last edited by Trooper4985; 02-03-2012, 02:01 AM.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I've been hearing rumors of 30 SGT promotions and 8 LT promotions......

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        Even if we get 230 recruits in the next year, I don't see the manning changing very much.
        Nope...just the vacation picks.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• duplicate.
            Last edited by GrayState; 02-04-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
              I've been hearing rumors of 30 SGT promotions and 8 LT promotions......
              When is the 14 coming out?

Comment

• How much time do they allow between the different exercises in the PT test and in which order are they performed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
                  How much time do they allow between the different exercises in the PT test and in which order are they performed?
                  If you know the Cooper Standard you have to attain to graduate, you should push yourself to do those three excercises back to back with no rest so you can perform even better if you are given a short break during the test.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Thank you and that is how I am training but does anyone what the protocol is as far as rest between exercises?

Comment

• Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
                      Thank you and that is how I am training but does anyone what the protocol is as far as rest between exercises?
                      Usually the order is sit-ups, pushups, then run. You will have time to rest in between each. There is no set time, it will depend how many people are at that stage in the processing. If you are in good shape you will not have any problems as far as rest.

Comment

• Upcoming PAT Test

I recently received the letter for PAT testing on the 11th. This could not have come at a worse time for me. In October I was hit by a car while I was working, this left me unable to work and do physical activity for 3 months, causing me to put on 25 pounds. When I received the letter I started to train the best I could, it is now 4 days before the PAT test and I know I cannot pass sit-ups and maybe the 1.5 mile run. 3 more weeks and I would be fine. My question for you guys, should I show up knowing I cannot pass or should I call and see if I can do the test at a later date? Or, should I just forget about the whole thing? (Don't want to) I am 32 so this is my only chance. Thank you for any suggestions.

Comment

• My opinion and Im not a trooper nor do i work for the division: Absolutely call the recruiter listed in the email you should have got and talk to him about it. Not doing anything makes it look like you did not want it or that you were too lazy to get into shape. Again, this is only my opinion and is what I would do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhealy324 View Post
                            I recently received the letter for PAT testing on the 11th. This could not have come at a worse time for me. In October I was hit by a car while I was working, this left me unable to work and do physical activity for 3 months, causing me to put on 25 pounds. When I received the letter I started to train the best I could, it is now 4 days before the PAT test and I know I cannot pass sit-ups and maybe the 1.5 mile run. 3 more weeks and I would be fine. My question for you guys, should I show up knowing I cannot pass or should I call and see if I can do the test at a later date? Or, should I just forget about the whole thing? (Don't want to) I am 32 so this is my only chance. Thank you for any suggestions.
                            If you know for a fact you can't pass the PAT you should call and speak to a recruiter. Perhaps they will give you a deferment based on your medical situation, I dont know for sure. However, if you think you can push yourself, do it. All you have to do is pass, then you'll have a couple months to get into shape before the academy.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I'd say try, then give it your all..........Their is no guarantee you will get called again. Also, I know people who were called back after failing the pt test and given another shot.

Comment

• @ GREG11477

Did you take the 2008 Exam? In order to even get through the process you have to have taken and scored on the exam prior to turning 30. Civilians are ineligible to take the exam past age 30. Active servicemen and women can get a credit of up to 6 years for service (read you can be 36 and still take the exam with your service time credits assuming you have six years of active service). After that you are SOL.
                                If I read your post correctly, you deferred your 2008 exam and didn't attend an alternate military test date between now and then. The 2008 exam yielded something in the range of 19k candidates and they will continue to use that list till they get through about 10k people. The previous (and last class to go through since 2008) used approximately 40 (FOURTY) canditates from the 2008 list. In order for NYS to get 40 candidates from the eligible list they probably processed in the neighborhood of 400 people. They get like 1 recruit from every 10 people processed. If they give a new exam in the next two years you have a shot. I don't have any concept of how long they intend to extend the current eligible list but there are still a great deal of eligible candidates left to process for these two classes. That being said, the probability of a new exam and eligible list being established within the next two years is bleak.

I'm not trying to trash your dreams, but there are some obstacles in your way here to attain employment with NYSP. I would strongly urge you to consider towns and municipalities for employment as they cycle much faster than NYSP does. Start taking tests ASAP, investigate your municipal and county civil service departments.

Good Luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6946 users online. 351 members and 6595 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X