Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you went through the last processing and don't get called to this processing, where does that leave you? I know the time between classes has been unprecendented, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts.
    Last edited by Citykid33; 01-21-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Thats great man! happy for you! What was your rank number if u dont mind me asking...just to see if im even near gettin called...

Comment

• I am ranked 46th but i had to defer from the last class to finish college. I have no idea what numbers will be called. I cant believe that they are starting so fast!!!

Comment

• You have a lot of ATO's waiting to "Share" their experience with you at the academy.

I'm sure they're just as excited...

I also recommend scrolling back in this thread for recommendations on what to bring and what not to bring to the Academy. (Provided to you by SDT because he cares)

Comment

• Disregard above....got the package for Feb 11....ranked 19xx...

Comment

• Congrats to everyone receiving letters. Make sure you go up there and pass everything. Nobody wants to be the guy sent home for failing pushups/situps. And it will happen!
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                Congrats to everyone receiving letters. Make sure you go up there and pass everything. Nobody wants to be the guy sent home for failing pushups/situps. And it will happen!
                exactly. is the 1.5 mile run involved too or is it like a few years back when it was a "modified" agility?

Comment

• Great to hear the NYSP Academy is firing back up! Good luck processing weekend! I've always wanted to be a Trooper, but my timing was always a bit off. I was too young to take the test in 1997, took the 2001 exam and ranked 201 out of 12,000+ but couldn't get out of the military before that list expired, and signed up for the exam in 2008 but was out of state/deployed for the exam and military make up. I was just checking the NYSP web site and the qualifications have changed. It says you must be appointed prior to your 35th B-Day (used to be 29) and you can get up to six years credit for military service (up to age 40 for a guy in my situation). I'm a 34-year old 16-year Air Force veteran, and I'll retire at 38 (maybe sooner because Congress has approved the 15-year retirement, but it hasn't been implemented yet/don't know who'll be eligible). Anyways, I'm thrilled that I could still retire after a 20-year military career and have a chance with the NYSP! No guarantees of course, but just the chance to take the test again and give it a try has me pumped! I know this test has been extended (and I hope it stays that way to give the 2008 folks a chance), but has anyone heard any rumors about when the next test might be? Sorry for the long post...good luck!

Comment

• At least we are going to get some new members before Tier 6 becomes a reality... Tier 5 is bad enough.

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/em...ate_police.php

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/wo...8-stpolice.pdf

Originally posted by 2beofficer View Post
                    exactly. is the 1.5 mile run involved too or is it like a few years back when it was a "modified" agility?
                    I can't imagine that they will do anything less that a full PT test since it has been so long and it is easy to fall out of shape.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Trooper 4985, I started out my AF career in Security Forces. Where were you stationed?

Comment

• Originally posted by greg11477 View Post
                        trooper 4985, i started out my af career in security forces. Where were you stationed?
                        10/95 - 02/97 5th SPS
                        03/97 - 04/00 35th SPS
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• just got the letter today. Best of luck to everyone that is going in Feb. Ranked in the 5xx's. Looks like we all are doing the same process over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2beofficer View Post
                            just got the letter today. Best of luck to everyone that is going in Feb. Ranked in the 5xx's. Looks like we all are doing the same process over again.
                            Got a letter today also for the 2/11-2/12 processing weekend. Ranked 6xx. I had done the processing weekend in fall '08 and met a psychologist spring '09 but then silence during the hiring freeze. So yeah I guess it's the whole process over again. Fine by me. After 4 years of waiting I'm down for whatever it takes.
                            NYSP
                            2008 Exam Score - 97.64
                            Rank- 6xx

Comment

• Good luck to you all who have gotten letters...its good to see the ranks and scores of fellow canidates; so i know where i am sitting if i even get an invite. From the looks of it, i will be better to get the fall hire, if at all...i got an 88.7..rank 6507. I work with BCI frequently for my current job. I will look forward to working with you all someday...never forget that we are all brothers...working for the same cause..

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                I can't imagine that they will do anything less that a full PT test since it has been so long and it is easy to fall out of shape.
                                Yep.
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10999 users online. 398 members and 10601 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X