Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the requirements to be a State Trooper? Do I need college or just a high school diploma? And also, what is the minimum age to take the test I'm 19. Also does anyone know about the next test, it should be soon considering the last test was like 4 years ago, right? Any information will be much appreciated.

Comment

• http://www.nytrooper.com/qualifications.cfm

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/

Comment

• Originally posted by bigt93 View Post
        What are the requirements to be a State Trooper? Do I need college or just a high school diploma? And also, what is the minimum age to take the test I'm 19. Also does anyone know about the next test, it should be soon considering the last test was like 4 years ago, right? Any information will be much appreciated.
        You F'n kidding me? Post #7205...you might wanna use the links graciously provided to you above my post, or do a little research on your own.
        Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

• How right you were.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• This will likey move quickly, especially since passage is likley, and likely to be on time. Get ready if you are on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2beofficer View Post
              I know there are guys who are ranked 300+ who got processed but have not been called to the academy. I am sure a lot of people decided to "move on" from the NYSP
              I personally know of several people who processed and are no longer interested. Life happens. I also no of one is is still interested, but has since decided to get himself arrested for DWI, I dont think Division will be interested in hiring him. All I can tell you is if you think you might be close, get ready. Work on your PT, get your paperwork in order, prepare your families for your absence, and do not get arrested!
              Last edited by reils49; 01-19-2012, 07:41 PM.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I agree with you reils. To all others who posted on here...I am well aware that others have been processed to the SP's full extent and are just waiting. that is great news for you. I have a good job now, that i would not be mad to stay at for the next 20 yrs...However, being associated with the best and most efficiant police force in NY has moral as well as financial benefits. that being said, i wish all those in the running good luck. know i will be training as always....

Comment

• Originally posted by MPUSMC View Post
                  I am ranked 46th completed all steps of the processing and still waiting. I'am not sure how many others around my rank are let but I'am sure there's a few......
                  You may be the first or second person to get a call then. Good Luck!

Comment

• I'm rank 2732. It would be nice to make it through this round. I'm currently a state CO. It would be nice to get my time up front, but either way I'd be making out great.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the time goes on the back end...

Comment

• presuming I'm recruited, in your first year with the academy + FTO, you'll be out on the road after what like ~9 months? In your first 3 months do you think they'd let me do commercial vehicle stuff so I could keep my inspection, hazmat, motor coach inspection, etc. certifications? The problem compared to regular traffic stops is they take about an hour (or more), but I figure I'd be useful for CVE down the road if I kept those certs up. *shrug*
                        "Afraid of dying alone? Become a bus driver!"

Comment

• Received the processing paperwork today!!!! Feb 11th and 12th 1st processing weekend!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MPUSMC View Post
                            Received the processing paperwork today!!!! Feb 11th and 12th 1st processing weekend!!!
                            Awesome news! Did the paper work state exactly what is being done?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2beofficer View Post
                              Awesome news! Did the paper work state exactly what is being done?
                              No its pretty much the same as before, pt, tattoos, educational requirements, eye exam, all that fun stuff. THEY ARE NOT doing a height and weight check.

Comment

• Nothing on what #'s are being called or when a academy will start. I've heard April as a strong possibility though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11022 users online. 521 members and 10501 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X