Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, no memo. I'm happy in zone 2, i like keeping a little distance between work and home. Plus I'm still going to court quite a bit down there.

1 got one doe, went hunting with your buddy
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• yikes... thats too bad - Id rather eat some fire ants and wipe my arse with poison ivy....

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
          Two classes proposed in the governor's budget for a total of 230 members. The budget still needs approval.
          http://publications.budget.ny.gov/eB...iefingBook.pdf

Page 60 very good news.
          Last edited by dirtyduce; 01-17-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• I see that duce...very good news indeed! I wonder if it means FY 2012 or 2013....

Comment

• Originally posted by frontier5686 View Post
              I see that duce...very good news indeed! I wonder if it means FY 2012 or 2013....
              This is the budget for April 2012 to April 2013. Excellent news.

Comment

• Get yourselves into shape gents (and ladies). And when the time comes, don't forget that packing list from 2008
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Finally.... maybe i can get assigned back home. This 4 hour commute is a KILLER!

Comment

• From the budget address documents:

"State Police Academy Classes. After three years during which the State Police Academy did not operate due to budgetary constraints, the Division of State Police will resume the recruitment and training of new members. The Division plans to hold two classes next year bringing in up to 230 new recruits. These classes are necessary to maintain member strength at 4,458 officers, which reflects a decline of 9.7 percent from a peak of 4,939 officers in 2009."

Could this really be the year?!?!?
                    Last edited by NYSP61; 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• All sources point to yes.

frontier5686, I definitely see you getting a call at 6507. Does anyone know how many they actually hired off of the list?

Comment

• Wow that's great news. I took the 2008 exam, processed in 2009, and then after waiting and waiting took a federal law enforcement gig. As much as I want to get back to NY, I'm not sure I want to go through another academy. It's good to hear the state taking public safety seriously and getting troopers back on the roads. Good luck to all those still waiting.

Comment

• Thanks Phoenix...i hope so...I talked to a good friend of mine today, out of troop K. Went to HS with him. This is the newest news I have. They are going to shoot for a spring academy of 140 recruits and a fall academy 2012-13 of 90. He thinks with my current rank i could be called for the PT test. this is what he told me today. he said he heard it from his Sgt. They hired up to 2304 rank.

Comment

• If they don't call you this time, then definitely for the fall academy. I bet they go through the numbers more quickly then usual because of how long it's been and because many people have chosen other employment and are no longer interested in being a Trooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by frontier5686 View Post
                              Thanks Phoenix...i hope so...I talked to a good friend of mine today, out of troop K. Went to HS with him. This is the newest news I have. They are going to shoot for a spring academy of 140 recruits and a fall academy 2012-13 of 90. He thinks with my current rank i could be called for the PT test. this is what he told me today. he said he heard it from his Sgt. They hired up to 2304 rank.
                              NYSP did not hire up to the 2304. They processed up to that mark. NYSP only hired 44 candidates (might be off 2 or 4) people from the 08' test. I know there are guys who are ranked 300+ who got processed but have not been called to the academy. I am sure a lot of people decided to "move on" from the NYSP because of the hiring freeze, time can only tell. Good luck to everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by 2beofficer View Post
                                NYSP did not hire up to the 2304. They processed up to that mark. NYSP only hired 44 candidates (might be off 2 or 4) people from the 08' test. I know there are guys who are ranked 300+ who got processed but have not been called to the academy. I am sure a lot of people decided to "move on" from the NYSP because of the hiring freeze, time can only tell. Good luck to everyone
                                I am ranked 46th completed all steps of the processing and still waiting. I'am not sure how many others around my rank are let but I'am sure there's a few......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11116 users online. 484 members and 10632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X