300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
    Good to luck to all you guys doing your PAT test this weekend! (VZMan, I'm with you on the IPOD, those things are great for running) Are you guys processing for the same class as the rest of us that are waiting for our final medical? If that's the case, then maybe they're planning on having a big class in August or September (still hoping for July!!!) and need more people.
    I am processing for the Spring ’08 academy. Unfortunately, I had to defer on two separate occasions.

First time was for the June ’06 processing weekend. I wasn’t going to have the required college credits in time for the November academy, which was bumped to January ’07 and I would have met the requirement by then. I started my current job when I was 19 and only had two semesters of college under my belt by then. It was tough but I was able to take online classes for about a year and a half straight to finish up what I needed.

Second deferment was for an injury about three weeks prior to the October '06 processing.

Needless to say, I have been waiting for this weekend to arrive for A LONG time and the anticipation is killing me. Hopefully I will be able to get a couple of hours of sleep tonight!

Comment

• ATrooper2b,

I’m in roughly the same boat as you. Although my number is “slightly” higher than yours, I’m hoping it is still low enough to put me near the top of the list for the spring ’08 academy. Of course if I pass all the remaining portions of the process that is. I’m right there with you on the anticipation thing, it has been tough to say the least!

Comment

• Wahoo!!!!! Just got back from the PAT and passed!!!!!! Sit-ups and pushups were no problem but I’m definitely not a runner. Have to work on that A LOT.

I guess I’m not extremely surprised but the turnout was very low and only a few didn’t make it through the entire PAT.

Hope everyone else was successful today

I know there is still a long road ahead but I'm glad to get over three years of stress off my shoulders!!
        Last edited by VZMan; 05-19-2007, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Grats on passing. Hey, did you here any rumors about when the next class will be?

Comment

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
            Wahoo!!!!! Just got back from the PAT and passed!!!!!! Sit-ups and pushups were no problem but I’m definitely not a runner. Have to work on that A LOT.

I guess I’m not extremely surprised but the turnout was very low and only a few didn’t make it through the entire PAT.

Hope everyone else was successful today

I know there is still a long road ahead but I'm glad to get over three years of stress off my shoulders!!

Well done VZ. How many showed up at SU?

Only 18 at SUNY Geneseo.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              Well done VZ. How many showed up at SU?

Only 18 at SUNY Geneseo.
              Thanks SDT,

I believe they called 98 to process and only 35 showed up. Of those 35, I think 2 didn’t have the medical clearance forms and only 26 made it to the run. All but 1 made it through the run as far as I could tell.
              Last edited by VZMan; 05-19-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Grats on passing. Hey, did you here any rumors about when the next class will be?
                Thanks Phoenix,

No dates were thrown around for the next academy that I heard.

I did hear though that roughly 1/3 of the current members are eligible for retirement in the next few months. Not trying to push anyone out the door but I think that may possibly have an affect on the size of the next two academies.

Also not 100% sure, but I believe I heard the recruiter correctly when she stated that they are still working on obtaining some new positions related to work zone enforcement.

Basically it sounds to me like everything is still up in the air.

Comment

Grats on passing. Hey, did you here any rumors about when the next class will be?
                  I was just with a LT from HR this morning, I should have asked.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Next Academy Date

I just heard yesterday that they are tentatively planning on the next academy starting August 13th and that the class size will be around 150. Hopefully we will start getting letters for the final medical in the begining of June.

Comment

• PAT Finally done!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, I took the PAT this morning too and aced that [email protected]#$%* test. I was really nervous when I first got there, but after about an hour of waiting around for them to start, my nerves calmed a bit. The sit-ups and push-ups were cake and I made the run with about 26 seconds to spare. I know the run time wasn't the best but it was best in my age group (30 & up). Out of 152 NYC area PAT candidates approx. 70 showed up. I think a good percentage passed everything, but there were some tears shed by a few benchwarmers afterwards. It is such a great feeling to know it is finally over with. I know there is still a long road ahead, but this was the only part of the road that scared me. I'm confident I will do good with the rest of the processing as I have nothing bad in my background to worry about and I can't wait to hit the academy. I know it sounds crazy, but i'm looking forward to the training. The only news I got as far as academy dates etc. was that I should hear from them for the next step by July and will process for a Jan-March class and the next class is still tentatively scheduled for July/August.

Just thought I would share the wealth and thanx to everyone on this thread who has given me tips and updates. Hope to see you all out there one day.
                      sigpic
                      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Congrats to those who passed their PAT.

If you have read the entire thread you must be aware that the academy places a strong emphasis on running... Your goal should be to enter the academy at a pace faster than the graduating standard;otherwise, you will be making an unpleasant experience all the more unpleasant -- to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                          Congrats to those who passed their PAT.

If you have read the entire thread you must be aware that the academy places a strong emphasis on running... Your goal should be to enter the academy at a pace faster than the graduating standard;otherwise, you will be making an unpleasant experience all the more unpleasant -- to say the least.
                          Oh how truthful those words are. Might as well get started on running 5 days a week because that what you are going to be doing for 26 weeks. I don't know if they still do the dorms at SUNY Albany but doing some stairs might not be a bad idea too.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I'm thinking of applying for the next scheduled exam but one of my eyes is worse than 20/100 uncorrected. Do I have no chance becaus of this? I'm thinking of getting surgery done but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Comment

• Does anyone know if they will do the final medicals across the state or is this strictly done in Albany? Thanks. Congrats to all those who have passed the PAT this weekend!!!

Comment

• Trooper hurt in upstate NY crash

CINCINNATUS, N.Y. (AP) - State police say a trooper was injured when he lost control of his patrol car and crashed on a rain-slick Cortland County road last night.

Trooper Steven Bilodeau was driving in emergency mode on his way to the scene of a reported disturbance. He lost control at a curve on Route 41 in Cincinnatus, hit a guide wire and rolled twice down an embankment at about 10:25 pm.

A passing county sheriff's deputy discovered the wreck a short while later.

Bilodeau was flown by helicopter to University Hospital in Syracuse, where he was treated for head, neck and chest injuries that state police say are not life threatening.

The investigation of the accident is continuing

My thoughts are with Trooper Bilodeau and I hope he has a successful and speedy recovery.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7496 users online. 213 members and 7283 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X