Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks for the offer VZ, but the repair man is supposed to be here today prior to 5pm. Let me ask you, if I plug a phone directly into the telco interface box and there is no dial tone, does that mean it's likely a problem with VZ's line?

    Would a short inside the house cause the same problem?
    You can now follow me on twitter.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      Thanks for the offer VZ, but the repair man is supposed to be here today prior to 5pm. Let me ask you, if I plug a phone directly into the telco interface box and there is no dial tone, does that mean it's likely a problem with VZ's line?


      That is usually a safe bet. With lightning in the area I would try a couple different phones at the interface to ensure the one you tested with isn't defective.



      Would a short inside the house cause the same problem?
      Yes it would, but if you tried the above, I would be fairly certain that the problem is in VZ's equipment. When you plug into the box, it is supposed to disconnect the equipment inside your house and is only testing VZ's equipment. I've encountered some instances where the line could be bad both inside the house and in VZ's equipment after strong thunderstorms. Doesn’t occur all that often though.

      Haha I bet the repair center told you "Mr. SDT you know if the technician finds the trouble to be in your equipment, there will be a $91.00 service charge."

      I personally equate billing customers to maybe you writing a ticket. If you are decent to me and not too much time consuming work is involved, chances are you won't be billed.

      Let's just call it "Repairman Discretion"
      Last edited by VZMan; 05-11-2007, 02:48 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by VZMan View Post
        If you are decent to me and not too much time consuming work is involved, chances are you won't be billed.

        Let's just call it "Repairman Discretion"
        I didn't get the chance to be decent to him, or otherwise. He didn't show up.
        That's a lot of discretion. I guess I'll go a all weekend without a phone.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          I guess I'll go a all weekend without a phone.
          Rats! No pranks calls on SDT this weekend

          Comment


          • I don't want to turn this thread into a rant about Verizon, but I have a feeling they won't show up today either. I reiterated my trouble report online, and have another "commitment" (their word, not mine) for today prior to 5:00pm.

            Standing by...
            You can now follow me on twitter.

            Comment


            • SDT,

              I don't want to hi-jack his thread anymore but I was out of town for the weekend and away form the computer.

              Did someone finally show up on Saturday? For your sake I sure hope so. I won't even go into the reasons why someone wouldn't show up by the time they told you they would but I guess I'm less than surprised that they didn't.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by VZMan View Post
                Did someone finally show up on Saturday? For your sake I sure hope so. I won't even go into the reasons why someone wouldn't show up by the time they told you they would but I guess I'm less than surprised that they didn't.
                Yes, they showed up on Saturday. And I was at work, so they didn't have access to the inside wiring. They determined it was outside equipment, and there was no charge to me.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

                Comment


                • Hey SDT,

                  Glad to hear you are back in business now. Looks like GrayPatriot can resume the prank calls

                  Good luck to all of those who will also be participating in the PAT this weekend throughout the state. Well at least to those that come after me on the eligibility list haha. At least for me, it has been a looooong road so far with much more waiting to come but I’m glad to finally get a chance to get a little further along in the process. Guess we’ll see how glad I am after Saturday!

                  Quick question for those who have already taken the PAT (and I’m sure the answer is no but thought I would ask anyway), do they allow the use of IPOD’S or any other music players for the run portion? I know I could do without it but it sure seems to help get through the runs I have been doing.

                  Comment


                  • I wouldn't recommend trying to bring an ipod. You'd have to go six months without it at the academy, might as well start now.

                    Comment


                    • Thanks GrayState,

                      Valid point! Guess I should apologize ahead of time to those who will be running next to me. I don’t think my singing voice will win me any awards and I have definitely heard better renditions of the motivational tunes I try to sing. Probably why I turn them up so loud.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by VZMan View Post
                        Thanks GrayState,

                        Valid point! Guess I should apologize ahead of time to those who will be running next to me. I don’t think my singing voice will win me any awards and I have definitely heard better renditions of the motivational tunes I try to sing. Probably why I turn them up so loud.
                        VZman, I'll be running Sat too, but at York College (NYC area). I wouldn't mind if others brought an Ipod as long as they clear a path for me. If anyone else is also taking their PAT at York I would suggest eye goggles too for the run. Your gonna need them after I leave a trail of smoke in your face.
                        LOL!

                        All kidding aside... good luck to everyone taking the PAT. I know it's not an easy test. I have been training months now for this test and just up until the last few weeks are passing a simulation of the PAT. It's not going to be simple and I predict from what others have said on this thread, the road will get rougher before it gets smoother. Hope to see you all at the finish line.
                        sigpic
                        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                          Hope to see you all at the finish line.
                          Actually, you just may see me. I'm working at one of the PAT sites on Saturday.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

                          Comment


                          • Good to luck to all you guys doing your PAT test this weekend! (VZMan, I'm with you on the IPOD, those things are great for running) Are you guys processing for the same class as the rest of us that are waiting for our final medical? If that's the case, then maybe they're planning on having a big class in August or September (still hoping for July!!!) and need more people.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              Actually, you just may see me. I'm working at one of the PAT sites on Saturday.
                              Cool, when will you know which site your working? I would like to meet you.
                              sigpic
                              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                                Good to luck to all you guys doing your PAT test this weekend! (VZMan, I'm with you on the IPOD, those things are great for running) Are you guys processing for the same class as the rest of us that are waiting for our final medical? If that's the case, then maybe they're planning on having a big class in August or September (still hoping for July!!!) and need more people.
                                I was told at the Orientation a couple of weeks ago that they are holding medicals until they figure how many people will go into the next academy. There are supposedly approx. 300 people who have finished all processing including the medical awaiting the summer class. The rest will supposedly be processed for the winter/spring '08 class. Providing I pass the PAT, I will be going into the winter/spring class too. According to the recruiting officers, even though I am just beginning my processing I will still be in the winter/spring class because I deferred last April and will be put back in list # place putting me at the top of that class list. This is providing I pass the remaining processing. My list # is in the 5,000 range and they are currently up to the 11,000 numbers. The anticipation is insane.
                                sigpic
                                IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5039 users online. 227 members and 4812 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X