Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, I heard the same rumors. Just wait, this forum is about to blow up with activity in the next day or so......
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Maybe it's time to be a counseler or what are they called now ATO. Who wants in?

Comment

• I know a few who are already typing their memos for the academy. Its the only way they can get back to the G Troop area.

Comment

• I spoke with two Troopers last week, both told me to be ready for a upcoming academy.... I know we've all heard it before....But maybe....

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
            My sources tell me a class is supposed to start in April, with another one in October (70-150).
            2 Classes in 1 year would be great considering we are approx 6 classes behind. More bodies will hopefully also mean more movement.

Comment

• April huh? SOunds like they will have to start processing quickly. I got an email from NYSP about a month ago, asking me if it was the correct email for myself and if i was still interested. I got an 88.7 on the exam in 2008. i think my rank was 6507...I currently am a state employee and have been since 2007. who knows if my time will go on the back or front end, for retirement...

Comment

• Originally posted by frontier5686 View Post
                April huh? SOunds like they will have to start processing quickly. I got an email from NYSP about a month ago, asking me if it was the correct email for myself and if i was still interested. I got an 88.7 on the exam in 2008. i think my rank was 6507...I currently am a state employee and have been since 2007. who knows if my time will go on the back or front end, for retirement...
                If you contribute to PAF your time will count on the front end. My buddy from high school that was a CO before we went to the academy does not get to count his time on the front end but he did keep his sick leave. Another guy I work with was with a local agency before becoming a Trooper and he gets to count his time on the front.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Oh ok, I was a state CO, now an investigator for the department...I think it will count on the back end...either way its a win win...just waiting to see if i get an invite to the PT test...

Comment

• If the rumors are true for an April academy... obviously the process will be pretty quick but what kind of background/agility will the investigators perform? Will it just be an updated background check with a modified physical agility (sit ups and push ups) or will they add the run in? it's been 3 years since the last class first started, wasn't sure how they would handle that

Comment

• Humm....thats ture however, I would prepare for the full PT test. That way if they do something like a modified test, you will be physically ready for an academy. Talked to a BCI Inv. the other day. the top 5% of your class, gets their choice of duty station placement...

Comment

• Im out of the last class and we were only eligable to go to K,F,B and a few went to C.
                        With division stretched so thin who know where the vacancies will be when you guys graduate. The top 5 percent will only be able to pick which station they want out of the available vacanicies decided by division

Comment

• Originally posted by frontier5686 View Post
                          Humm....thats ture however, I would prepare for the full PT test. That way if they do something like a modified test, you will be physically ready for an academy. Talked to a BCI Inv. the other day. the top 5% of your class, gets their choice of duty station placement...
                          I would put money on having to do a complete PFT. I would keep in top shape, it's one of the only things you can do to prepare for the academy. When the word does come down, I would think that the re-processing will happen very quickly so keep running the mile and a half.

Comment

• I agree with both bluebin and Hunter. I don't see how they wont to a full PFT. I'm sure when they do get approval, it will move like lightning. thats why i am starting my running regimin now. I was told from friends, they run u alot in the academy. Male no mistake Hunter, im not picky about station...K would be fine with me. i spent almost 4 yrs downstate...i like it there.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
                              Im out of the last class and we were only eligable to go to K,F,B and a few went to C.
                              With division stretched so thin who know where the vacancies will be when you guys graduate. The top 5 percent will only be able to pick which station they want out of the available vacanicies decided by division
                              And don't forget, for over 3 years there has been absolutely no movement. There are alot of "trapped souls" with memo's already in for transfer. Those guy's are chomping at the bit for another class or two to be hired so they can move. Luckily for me, I'm not one of them. K is where the heart is.

1192 Hunter, I havent seen or heard from you in a while? Where you been? How was your hunting season?

Comment

• Things are great, I agree, Im happy right here where I am - you got your memo in for move to Z-1?

Ive been patiently waiting for a new class, Im ready to pass the TOPS MSSG off.

Hunting season was great shot a dandy with the gun and 2 slickheads with the bow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6946 users online. 364 members and 6582 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X