Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
    So, who's ready for Saturday?
    I am!!! Told the wife, dont expect to see me this weekend...I'll be in the woods!!!!
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
      i seem to remember some long division......but i think i heard the test has changed since i took it

I heard it has changed since I took it too (1985).

How has everyone been? It's been a while since I logged on.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
        I am!!! Told the wife, dont expect to see me this weekend...I'll be in the woods!!!!
        I don't hunt, but some of my friends hunt on my property. I know the luckiest 15 year old hunter in the state. You should see the two deer he shot on my property. After last year's wall-hanger (archery), I asked him what he was going to do next year. Well he showed me.

Comment

• Hi SDT,

What did the 15 year old get for a deer?

I haven't been on here in a while either, but I got excited when I received an email from the exam notification list indicating the current eligibility list would be extended.

Have any of you "guys in the know" heard any rumblings of a class at any point? The number of troopers on the road must be getting pretty low. Even though things don't look very good for the upcoming budget, I don't see how NYS could get through another year without putting a class through.

Hope everyone had a great turkey day, and a Thank You to those who were out on the road.
          Last edited by NYSP61; 11-26-2011, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
              There was some rumblings about a class next year. However, those rumbling seemed to have died off. It will be an interesting state of affairs soon... kind if interesting already actually. I think some decisions might have to be made soon about how the SP operates as an agency.
              i think i know what you're getting at........but seeing as how lots of smaller agencies seem to be shrinking as well, doesn't that INCREASE the SP's role, at least in the traditional sense?

Comment

• 3 years ago today...

11/30/08...my fellow 197th members and I reported to the academy. 3 years and we're still the newest Troops on the road. We can't wait for the next class.

Comment

11/30/08...my fellow 197th members and I reported to the academy. 3 years and we're still the newest Troops on the road. We can't wait for the next class.
                  Yikes brother! 01/18/2004...I reported to my academy. 7 years later we are scheduled to have our 14th recruit class since then.

Hope you bros get something going soon. I thought about coming back home after the military and getting on with you guys, but a young lady from the midwest changed all that

I still wonder what if, from time to time.....

Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

Can't believe its been that long. I'm sure a lot of people have changed career paths/gave up on the NYSP.... i've said it after 1st year, 2nd, and now 3rd... it is a matter of time before another class goes through. Hopefully sooner than later

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                      ... It will be an interesting state of affairs soon... kind if interesting already actually. I think some decisions might have to be made soon about how the SP operates as an agency.
                      "Interesting state of affairs" is generous wording.

Some decisions might have to be made soon about whether the SP operates as an agency.
                      Last edited by SlowDownThere; 12-03-2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                        Hi SDT,

What did the 15 year old get for a deer?
                        It was a big 8 point. Tines look to be 8" long. I'd post a picture if I were better with such things. Maybe I'll ask GrayState to help me with that.
                        Last edited by SlowDownThere; 12-02-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• I saw a post that read that the rumblings of a class have died down. I'm holding on hope that I might make it in to the NYSP within the next few years. Any hopes that classes will start processing through within the next couple of years?
                          I haven't heard many more layoff rumors, so I was hoping things were straightening out.

Comment

• IMG954194.jpg

hit by a car in town of batavia, genesee county

Comment

• ^The person who hit that buck should be arrested.

Comment

^The person who hit that buck should be arrested.
                                when i inevitably hit a deer at some point, i hope its worth mounting.....and hopefully theres a nice tire mark across the neck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9289 users online. 321 members and 8968 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X