300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Stig View Post
    I think they processed about 1100 for a class in 08-09, it was pushed back 6 months and then a year and then indefinitely. Somewhere there are about 100 guys who got screwed when we elected the new governor who canceled their class. I would be surprised if they brought them back for a spring 2012 academy without some kind of background update, fitness test, etc.
    Anyone here in that group?...or can anyone backup that info?
    Yes I went through the process March 09 thru July 09. Things have been on hold since. From what I hear the people in the same position I am in will be contacted first when the hiring freeze is lifted. Keep running the 1.5 mile and doing pushups because I think when they get the OK to have a class it will be a really fast turn around.

Comment

I think they processed about 1100 for a class in 08-09, it was pushed back 6 months and then a year and then indefinitely. Somewhere there are about 100 guys who got screwed when we elected the new governor who canceled their class. I would be surprised if they brought them back for a spring 2012 academy without some kind of background update, fitness test, etc.
      Anyone here in that group?...or can anyone backup that info?
      You are correct... i would say there is roughly 50-100 individuals who went back to the medical screening right before the late 08 academy and are now waiting for the next class. I would most certainly assume that there would be some sort of updated background information and they would be another modified fitness test or probably do it all over. No one really knows so the only thing to do is keep in shape and stay clear of any trouble. Like GrayState said, swirling rumors have been going around for a few months of a possible small class for early 2012 but money is still an issue

Comment

• I talked to a recruiter at the Niagara Falls air show today and he didn't know much more than us but said to watch the state spending and if they start putting money into corrections and DOT then there will probably be a class soon after. He also said the list may be used for more than 4 years because it is expensive for them to administer the test. This is conflicting with what another recruiter told me...that they are required to give a test every 4 years.

Comment

I talked to a recruiter at the Niagara Falls air show today and he didn't know much more than us but said to watch the state spending and if they start putting money into corrections and DOT then there will probably be a class soon after. He also said the list may be used for more than 4 years because it is expensive for them to administer the test. This is conflicting with what another recruiter told me...that they are required to give a test every 4 years.
          you pretty much said everything that other people within the agency have told me... but only difference was that the state would not administer another test for a few reasons which is it cost too much money and the fact that they only took approx. 44 individuals off the 08 list. No one will know for sure until they announce something

Comment

• I can tell you from experience that you will most likley have to take the polygraph and psychological exam again. They expire after one year. Also update your background and fitness test.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• hey guys.....me and some of the guys down in K are taking part in "mustaches vs. cancer", a charity that helps kids w/ cancer. we're growing mustaches over the next 2 months and asking for sponsors to help the charity. If you would like to donate, or just keep track of my pathetic attempt at proving i did go through a mild form of puberty, i'll be updating a thread on here and my profile on mustaches vs. cancer

donations: http://www.mustachesvscancer.org/ind...profile&id=741

forum thread: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...59#post2895959

thanks, stay safe

Comment

• Good for you Dr.

Comment

• dre

nysp guys, i was wondering if say i got dre training with psp, but then quit took youre test and worked with nysp, would that carry over because its a federal accredidation? (its only hypothetical since im too old to do that even if i wanted to) just curious

Comment

• Ummm, if it's hypothetical then Yes? Wait, changing my answer to No...no wait...I'm going back to Yes.

Comment

• I just got my deferred comp. statement...how friggin' depressing.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                          I just got my deferred comp. statement...how friggin' depressing.
                          i just took a small loan out to do some house stuff......it seems like thats the ONLY way to make interest, pay myself

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                            i just took a small loan out to do some house stuff......it seems like thats the ONLY way to make interest, pay myself
                            The wife and I were talking about bumping up our contribution a percent or 2, but after seeing mine lose money I dont think I will.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                                The wife and I were talking about bumping up our contribution a percent or 2, but after seeing mine lose money I dont think I will.
                                i'm sure you've heard it a million times by now, but if you're not near retirement, put the money in and forget about it. don't look at it as money, its ''shares''......put the money in now and you're "buying low" hoping to cash it out for more in the future

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7470 users online. 382 members and 7088 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X