300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Can you make any sense out of this then?

http://cityofelmira.net/usr/police-d...strictions.pdf

It's a memo from NYS Civil Service saying SUNY, NYPD, and NYSP can't lateral (I think?)

I live on Long Island and I know that Troopers who transfer to Nassau or Suffolk County PD have to go through their academy. Is it just because the agency wants them to repeat it?
    SUNY, NYPD, and NYSP cannot "lateral." Meaning if a NYPD MOS wanted to become a cop in say Yonkers, they cannot just submit a resume and transfer. They would have to come off of the Yonkers PD civil service list and then the academy can be waived for them. Here's a link to the waiver form
    http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/o...ertraining.pdf

Comment

• Can someone on here please confirm or deny that the State Police are considering Auxiliary Troopers?

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
        Can someone on here please confirm or deny that the State Police are considering Auxiliary Troopers?
        What do you think the TIM detail is?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
          What do you think the TIM detail is?
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• lol, this is true!

Comment

• Every time I log in to check my email at work, I read about more people retiring. Something needs to give here soon or later...we need to fill these ranks back up.

I don't want to be a 19 year Trooper in 2026 and still be considered the new guy! (Unfortunately though, it seems to be headed that way).

I know you guys are anxious for the academy doors to open back up and so are we. I wish I had some type of information to pass on as far as recruiting goes, but unfortuantely I don't.

Good Luck and I know the waiting game sucks! Been there, done that...

Comment

Every time I log in to check my email at work, I read about more people retiring. Something needs to give here soon or later...we need to fill these ranks back up.

I don't want to be a 19 year Trooper in 2026 and still be considered the new guy! (Unfortunately though, it seems to be headed that way).

I know you guys are anxious for the academy doors to open back up and so are we. I wish I had some type of information to pass on as far as recruiting goes, but unfortuantely I don't.

Speak for yourself... the more guys who retire that aren't replaced eventually means OT. I don't think I could do 630+ hours like I did in 2006 but 200 hours a year like I used to do would be nice.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  Speak for yourself... the more guys who retire that aren't replaced eventually means OT. I don't think I could do 630+ hours like I did in 2006 but 200 hours a year like I used to do would be nice.
                  I wish, I would see 600 hours. I don't need no stinking pass day.

Comment

Every time I log in to check my email at work, I read about more people retiring. Something needs to give here soon or later...we need to fill these ranks back up.

Sounds like 2027 won't come soon enough for you.
                    Last edited by Worthless1; 06-07-2011, 04:28 PM. Reason: changed location of post

Comment

• No Sir, I love my job. I'm not saying a little Trooper seniority in the barracks would hurt though! lol

(That last post was directed more at the people that have applied to be Troopers though)

Stay Safe!

Comment

• Cuomo

Just heard on my local news that Cuomo's layoffs will be starting July 15th. While the Troopers were not mentioned at all in the story, I wanted to see what you all on the job were thinking about this, and job security. I have a very strong desire to become a Trooper, and was informed by the recruiter that I worked with that in the event of a layoff, those who were let go would be reinstated before the next class was put through the academy (as it should be), however if that is the case- I would age out before getting the chance to get in there. The recruiter did say that layoffs would not be an issue for the SP and that they would lose the numbers that were needed through attrition.
                        Just wanted to hear any advice/thoughts you all had on this.

Be safe out there.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Regarding the 2008 written exam candidates who passed and went through background process, does anyone know or think we would have to re-do the physical agility (all 3) instead of the 2 that some did for the medical exam (push ups n sits ups)... any information regarding an academy for fall?

Comment

• http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...ay-1423411.php

COLONIE -- A seat belt and fire suppression system is being credited with saving the life of a trooper whose parked patrol car flipped after being rear-ended by a SUV towing a U-Haul on the Northway.

State Police gave this account of the crash:

Trooper Christopher Girolami, 39, had been parked behind a disabled car near Exit 2 on the southbound side of the Northway with his emergency lights on. After that car was towed away, Girolami turned off his red lights and was getting ready to merge back into traffic with the amber "arrow stick" still illuminated on the vehicle.

At that point, the SUV, driven by Frank Vasquez, 75, of Monticello, Fla., slammed into the rear of the trooper's car.

Vasquez said he was having difficulty controlling the swaying of the trailer, was distracted and didn't see the patrol car on the shoulder. Both cars went down an embankment and the trooper's car flipped over end to end, landing on its roof in a swampy area. The SUV and U-Haul trailer stayed upright.

The patrol car's fuel tank ruptured and its fire suppression system activated. The suppression system and a seat belt saved the trooper's life, police said.

"Because he was able to stay in his seat and not be rendered unconscious, (trooper) Girolami was able to exit the troop car with assistance from good samaritans who had stopped to help," police said in a statement.

Both drivers were taken to Albany Medical Center. Girolami of the state police's Loudonville's Interstate Highway Patrol, was treated for a concussion and shoulder pain and released. His loss of duty time was unknown Tuesday. Vasquez was admitted for chest pain and cuts.

Police said they are investigating whether the trailer exceeded the towing capacity of the SUV, which may have led to the difficulty in controlling the trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2beofficer View Post
                                Regarding the 2008 written exam candidates who passed and went through background process, does anyone know or think we would have to re-do the physical agility (all 3) instead of the 2 that some did for the medical exam (push ups n sits ups)... any information regarding an academy for fall?
                                I haven't heard anything regarding a fall class. I think you would have to re-do all the physical agility tests again when they do eventually open the doors back up.

I've heard good things about Fords fire supression system. I'm happy it depoyed the way it was supposed too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8864 users online. 471 members and 8393 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X