Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big THANK YOU to all of you who worked this Christmas to keep us safe! Know that we value your service to this state.

A THANK YOU also to our men and women in uniform in our armed forces. Stay safe!
    Last edited by NYSP61; 01-04-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
      A big THANK YOU to all of you who worked this Christmas to keep us safe! Know that we value your service to this state.

A THANK YOU also to our men and women in uniform in our armed forces. Stay safe!
      I worked on Christmas Day (again), and was rewarded by getting to report on the Divison of State Police's first use of a Taser in the field. Gray State, you know what I mean.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        I worked on Christmas Day (again), and was rewarded by getting to report on the Divison of State Police's first use of a Taser in the field. Gray State, you know what I mean.
        I love Christmas!!!
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• If this is the one I'm thinking of... I hope what I have heard about the outcome is not true. I was never asked to put in a memo about the program and I have to assume that was for a reason... be it that they know that I used to have have a very short fuse or that I was off on "vacation"... I really don't have room on my gun belt.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              If this is the one I'm thinking of... I hope what I have heard about the outcome is not true.
              I don't know what you have heard. Maybe a PM is best, or email me.

Comment

• Happy New Year All,

Has anyone heard anything in regard to an academy class, hiring or not hiring new troopers?? I'd gladly welcome rumors and speculation the silence has been deafening.
                The citizen expects police officers to have the wisdom of Solomon, the courage of David, the strength of Samson, the patience of the Job, the leadership of Moses, the kindness of the Good Samaritan, the strategical training of Alexander, the faith of Daniel, the diplomacy of Lincoln, the tolerance of the carpenter of Nazareth, and finally, an intimate knowledge of every branch of the natural, biological, and social sciences. If he had all these, he might be a good policeman!– August Vollmer1939

Comment

• Originally posted by LandJ5 View Post
                  Happy New Year All,

Has anyone heard anything in regard to an academy class, hiring or not hiring new troopers?? I'd gladly welcome rumors and speculation the silence has been deafening.
                  Nope. As much as I would like to see another Academy class soon, at this point, we would be happy to keep those we have.

Comment

• I too am awaiting the next test. I have been speaking to a recruiter frequently, and the last time we spoke he told me it will probably be at LEAST 2 years. I also inquired about a lay off of those already on the job, and he advised me that he doesn't see that happening as there are already vacancy's in the triple digits, and that each year more members are lost through mandatory retirement and just regular retirement. I guess it's all going to depend on the new Governor. Even though I think its highly unlikely, I am still hoping for a fall academy class in 2011.

Comment

• When is the New budget proposal due in Albany? I would assume that would give a big clue wether or not there be a new academy this coming year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPUSMC View Post
                        When is the New budget proposal due in Albany? I would assume that would give a big clue wether or not there be a new academy this coming year.
                        The rumors of possible layoffs came becasue Division was told to cut an additional $63M from our 2011 budget... Any academy class in the next year is a pipe dream at best and I'd be willing to bet that the 2014 estimate that someone posted is more realistic. My (old) zone is fat but I know of at least 2 road guys that are retiring sometime during their next 26 pay periods. I personally would like to a couple more years before another class with retirements increasing slightly... I just figured my new OT rate out... not anything spectacular but nothing to laugh at either.
                        Last edited by Trooper4985; 01-09-2011, 03:50 PM.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                          The rumors of possible layoffs came becasue Division was told to cut an additional $63M from our 2011 budget... Any academy class in the next year is a pipe dream at best and I'd be willing to bet that the 2014 estimate that someone posted is more realistic. My (old) zone is fat but I know of at least 2 road guys that are retiring sometime during their next 26 pay periods. I personally would like to a couple more years before another class with retirements increasing slightly... I just figured my new OT rate out... not anything spectacular but nothing to laugh at either.
                          Please excuse my naivete, but how, without layoffs do they propose to cut that deficit? I have a hard time believing that they would let road troopers go. My town doesn't even have a local pd, the troopers are the ones who respond. I think I read somewhere that the Governor proposed completely cutting overtime. While I think that would be unfortunate, I also would rather see no layoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MBracko View Post
                            Please excuse my naivete, but how, without layoffs do they propose to cut that deficit? I have a hard time believing that they would let road troopers go. My town doesn't even have a local pd, the troopers are the ones who respond. I think I read somewhere that the Governor proposed completely cutting overtime. While I think that would be unfortunate, I also would rather see no layoffs.
                            What was discussed at the station with PBA input is that approximately 300 Troopers equate to $63M (hence the rumor of the last 2 classes being let go). It would be a cold day in hell before the PBA would let members be layed off when attrition is a viable option. As for OT... There is no way around minimum manning numbers and officer safety... if someone bangs in for the 2 shift... someone has to cover that shift whether the governor likes it or not.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Thanks for explaining it. It's hard to understand the thought process of anyone who thinks the way to solve the fiscal crisis is to lay off people who protect us. While I can't wait to dress in the purple and grey, I would also rather see the guys who are on the job KEEP their jobs.

Comment

• Looks like we are going back to 8's. I'm ambivalent actually. Never fully warmed up to the 10's. We'll see.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4149 users online. 202 members and 3947 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X