Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor-Elect appoints new NYSP Superintendent.

http://statepolitics.lohudblogs.com/...-appointments/

Gov.-elect Andrew Cuomo just announced another round of appointments and nominations for his administration, this time for superintendent of the State Police, commissioner of the Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services, deputy secretary for civil rights, and director of communications.

Cuomo, the outgoing attorney general, is nominating his office’s chief investigator, Joseph A. D’Amico, for State Police superintendent. D’Amico, who has worked for Cuomo since 2007, oversees 300 civil and criminal investigators statewide who work in the Organized Crime Task Force, the Auto Insurance Fraud Unit, the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and the Investigations Bureau. Before joining the Cuomo’s staff, D’Amico was with the New York City Police Department, serving in the Bronx, Manhattan and Queens and rising to the rank of deputy chief. He was commanding officer of the New York City police commissioner’s Real Time Crime Center, and he helped develop the 24-hour information and investigative support center to help on-scene detectives solve violent crimes.

“The State Police is a vital and honored public safety force which will be of paramount importance in my administration. Chief D’Amico brings extraordinary police credentials and a fresh prospective to the State Police which will be a significant asset in reestablishing the good reputation of this distinguished force,” Cuomo said in making the nomination. “The rank and file who are among the nation’s best will have a true leader in Chief D’Amico.”

Cuomo’s news release about the appointments included positive statements on D’Amico from New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, former FBI Director Louis Freeh, former State Police Superintendent Tom Constantine, former state Deputy for Public Safety Michael Balboni, former U.S. Attorney Zachary W. Carter and New York PBA President Pat Lynch.

“From his more than 27 years with the NYPD to his remarkable work as head of investigations in the Attorney General’s office, Chief D’Amico’s entire career has been one of absolute integrity, professionalism and a commitment to the safety and security of the people of the city and state of New York,” Kelly said. “I am pleased to have been a part of the transition committee that overwhelmingly recommended bringing Chief D’Amico’s unquestioned experience and leadership abilities to this critical post.”
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        in reestablishing the good reputation of this distinguished force,” Cuomo said in making the nomination.
        Superintendent Melville will be missed. I wonder what will happen with the MFU and Taser program which had the full support of Melville?!? For those of you who have not meet Melville, he would hold the door for you and give you the greeting of the day...

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
          How do we follow you on twitter SDT?
          First, you need a twitter account. Once established, just search for my name. Use middle initial, because someone in North Carolina is using my name w/o the middle initial.

I reccomend you also follow Loaded Santa, very funy.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
              tried to send you a PM GrayPatriot, but your inbox is full.
              It is all the hate mail I get. Cleared it out!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                I wonder what will happen with the MFU and Taser program which had the full support of Melville?!?
                ...or patrol rifles... Any guess on how long it will be until D'Amico takes over?
                Last edited by reils49; 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM.
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• GrayPatriot....I noticed the same quote...

Comment

• I am trying to get hired into a police force in 2011. I have been told the next expected NYSP exam is in 2012. Do you think it would be pointless for me to get hired out of state for a couple years and then leave for the NYSP?

Comment

• Not pointless at all....lot's of people do it.

Comment

• Take whatever job you can get!!!
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I talked w/ a recruiter yesterday who also advised me that there is no projected test dates before 2012. But here is my concern. If there is a layoff,wouldn't that delay the test further? I would imagine they would pull back on the Troopers who got laid off first before they tested new ones right? I did voice these concerns to the recruiter who told me that he has been a Trooper for a long time, and has never seen a layoff. and that they can generally count on attrition to get their numbers to where they need to be. It is a huge concern to me, and I imagine the other people in my position, and I am sure it is an even bigger concern to those of you already out there. What's the advice from the group? Take a test when it is offered? Or try for a different branch of LEO?

Comment

• Contractually if we were laid off, we would get preference to come back prior to them hiring. That's fair right? Blah....I don't expect any layoffs but nothing surprises me anymore.

Comment

• Take every test you can and take a job that interests you. DO NOT turn down a job in hopes that another one comes around. The test/selection proscess is measured in years not months. Work at another job while passing the time.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by MBracko View Post
                                I did voice these concerns to the recruiter who told me that he has been a Trooper for a long time, and has never seen a layoff. and that they can generally count on attrition to get their numbers to where they need to be. It is a huge concern to me, and I imagine the other people in my position, and I am sure it is an even bigger concern to those of you already out there. What's the advice from the group?
                                Of course he has never seen lay-off of troopers, because there has never been one. I don't believe there will be one this time either. We are losing lots of people to retirement, and are over two years into a hirnig freeze. The agency is already a lot smaller than it was 2 years ago. Besides, a lay-off would be devastating to the agency, and there are alternatives.

As you note, it is a huge concern to us on the job too. If it happens, I suspect it will do so in April. So we will have our answer soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4669 users online. 171 members and 4498 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X