Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4985, The first thing I did was to check the AMS, LOL.

How is it? I've never driven one.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• There was a file 3 last night and everyone thought it was me until the supervisor got there. This one handles much like the one that went around the state a couple of years ago and seems to hug the road even better the harder you push it on the highway. It was nice to still feel the motor pulling hard after 80 while trying to chase down violators on 86 (it was still pulling when the rev limiter kicked in too but that's for another time). The seat is much more comfortable and the interior space (from a drivers aspect) seems to be utilized much better than the first charger we had. It is still much smaller inside than a CVPI but seeing as Ford is giving up on the CVPI (I wish they would just throw the new 302 in and keep building the car that has proven to be a great office on wheels for so many of us)... I guess it is time to move on and accept a car with a more powerful motor and meaner looks. The one gripe I do have is the view out of the car from the driver's seat. I'm 5'8, I have to dip my head to see some traffic lights even when stopped behind the stop line and there is a lot of area behind the car that you can't see because the trunk lid is set up so high.

All in all, I hope Division goes with the Hemi Charger over the Chevy Caprice and Ford Interceptor (I am a huge Ford fanboy keep in mind). I saw the Caprice in Atlantic City over the summer and the only thing that came to mind was an Impala with a bigger trunk. The new Ford Interceptor doesn't seem like a good idea because the base V-6 is just as underpowered as the 4.6 in our current troop cars and the eco-boost is a twin turbo motor that is going to to be prone to more reliability and maintenance issues, costing Division more in the long run.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        There was a file 3 last night and everyone thought it was me until the supervisor got there.
        Yeah, I had just walked into our station's Christmas party when I got the call. So I go up to the Station Commander and ask "which of us is leaving the party?" Fortunately, another Sergeant from about a hundred miles away took care of it.

It's actually only 40 miles, but it seems further.

Comment

• Hopefully the snow holds off so I can drive it hard for a couple of hours before pairing up... my 6'4" partner wont fit so it will be a tahoe after midnight but at least I will get to have a little fun.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you have washed the car first. Come on guy.
          Last edited by Worthless1; 12-05-2010, 03:08 PM. Reason: dont need picture

Comment

• Not my cellphone pic ... and dirt roads are a fact of life in my patrol area.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• You forgot to mention how comfortable the seats are on the 2 shift. Nothing beats a Tahoe
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                You forgot to mention how comfortable the seats are on the 2 shift. Nothing beats a Tahoe
                We don't ever have time for that... it's Monday morning and we have 3 felons locket to the wall currently.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• 4985:

The same car made it's way to my station for a few days. I took it out for a while.

First, let me say I'm not a fan of Dodge generally. But then again, I've never driven a Hemi.

I like this car. Awesome acceleration, even when at highway speed. Good solid handling, no wobble or shake, even at high speed. Love the seats, firm yet comfortable.

Not crazy about the electronics setup, and the trunk is quite small. But overall, I like this car.
                  Last edited by SlowDownThere; 12-08-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• My personal opinion is the Caprice is the way to go. I too saw it in AC over the summer and besides it being a 4 door sedan don't get the Impala comparisons. The Caprice has the most room and all of the new options have great performance. I do not like the Charger's visibility at all, too many blind spots. I'll be happy either way compared to the Crown Vic but tend to think the Caprice provides more of an office away from the barracks.

Seeing as our head of fleet went to work for Chrysler after retiring recently I'd put a wager on getting the Charger.

Comment

You forgot to mention how comfortable the seats are on the 2 shift. Nothing beats a Tahoe
                      I beg to differ sir! While the roominess of the Tahoe is to be appreciated, the seat-backs do not fully recline. For those of us with CVPI's (without cages), the fully reclining seat-backs far outweigh the spacious interior of the Tahoe. ;D

Plus, having the shotgun mounted in the leg-well area is a bit intrusive into the co-pilot's seating area...

Comment

• Personally, I think Division is going to lean towards a rear drive vehicle due to maintainance costs, which means the Caprice is possibly in our future. However, since CVPI production doesn't formally end until 2011, I can only assume that Division has been buying them up left and right to allow for more time to commit to one of the new PPVs on the market.

I'd love to see Division give the Carbon E7 a once over like MSP did, I think its a real forward-thinking design. But we all know how forward-thinking NYS is
                        Plus it has suicide rear doors, how cool is that!

Comment

• ^Is that lightbar in the roof???
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

^Is that lightbar in the roof???
                            Yes

This provides a better view of the lights
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• my brother was the architect who designed that msp building

Comment

• Looks like the Caprice is out

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10067 users online. 496 members and 9571 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X