300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
    I'll take this one to let everyone know I am still alive.

Fred Phelps is the pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church. Very much in the news lately.
    Ohhhhh ok, makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citykid33 View Post
      Good morning, first post after lurking for a while. I've found a lot of useful information on here and I appreciate that. I've passed everything except the final medical exam and currently ranked in 1900's on the 2008 test. This opportunity (when it eventually presents itself) is something that I've been looking forward to for a long time. I'm continuing to be patient but in the interim I was wondering if any of the veteran members could provide me with an example of a daily PT routine that could get me acclimated to what occurs in the academy on daily basis? I've been doing pushups, situps and running as much as I can. Any further suggestions that you have I would appreciate it. Look forward to hopefully working with you one day.
      I seem to remember someone posting the basic PT routine in this thread a couple of years ago if you ambitious enough to read from the begininning.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Haven't been here in a while, how is your recovery from the surgery? I will be going in for a shoulder operation soon too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
          Haven't been here in a while, how is your recovery from the surgery? I will be going in for a shoulder operation soon too.
          I'm almost back to full range of motion and it feels amazingly stable compared to how it felt before surgery. It does pop a lot now but so do my knees, and I still can't sleep on my chest with my arms folded under the pillow without pain but I guess some loss of comfortable mobility is to be expected. I go back for my final eval (and return to full and strenuous) at the end of the month so my vacation is coming to an end. Doc wants to wait till next summer for MMI and rating my loss. I know a couple of CO's who got ~30k for their shoulder but they are going to be messed up for the rest of their lives and probably have problems when they are older.... I'll take a shoulder that works without pain.

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
          tooooo funny.....i jumped right on it and mailed it 3-4 days early, only to find out that it cost 61 cents, and one stamp wasn't gonna fly.....so with 15 minutes till the post office closed on 10/05, i'm frantically printing out forms and addressing an envelope. made it though.
          Any rumors on when we should be receiving the reply from these forms?
          Last edited by Trooper4985; 10-09-2010, 07:35 AM.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
            nothing on my end........glad to hear youre shoulders coming around

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              I'm almost back to full range of motion and it feels amazingly stable compared to how it felt before surgery. It does pop a lot now but so do my knees, and I still can't sleep on my chest with my arms folded under the pillow without pain but I guess some loss of comfortable mobility is to be expected. I go back for my final eval (and return to full and strenuous) at the end of the month so my vacation is coming to an end. Doc wants to wait till next summer for MMI and rating my loss. I know a couple of CO's who got ~30k for their shoulder but they are going to be messed up for the rest of their lives and probably have problems when they are older.... I'll take a shoulder that works without pain.

Good, glad to hear everything is going well. I too will take a shoulder that works without pain. I have a torn labrum, 3 torn muscles under my capsule, as well as partially torn rotator cuff. I pretty much sat out all summer from baseball. I tried working back into it in the fall and could not even throw without pain. It has gotten so bad now, I can't even do a push-up. Going in for surgery the 26th.

Comment

• I commend you all on the work you do. I am currently awaiting a test date. I don't see it happening for a while, but I am remaining cautiously optimistic. The news doesn't paint a pretty picture as to what is going on with state layoff's. I read that there is an anticipated cut coming in the NYSP. However, I have also read that it will be primarily civilian jobs. I am just looking for what your opinion's are regarding this? I would hate to see NY lay off Troopers. You all are such an important part of keeping us safe.

Be safe, Godspeed- and maybe someday I will be able to join your elite ranks.

Comment

• Case Law: VTL 375.31

I just had a refusal hearing, and found out what I'm up against. Without getting into too much detail, is there case law or another statute which define an inadequate muffler or upheld the ticket based on an officers perception of "loud exhaust"? I just read the VTL section and it's not giving me much more than I already knew.

Any Troops please feel free to PM me, and I'll explain my situation.... Thanks.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• NYPD to NYSP (if I'm lucky)

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting to this thread. I'm 24, been with the NYPD for a little under 3 years but always had my eyes on the SP. I wasn't able to test for the '08 exam, so I'm hoping for '12, if it's offered. I've heard both that my time with the NYC Police Pension Fund can/can't transfer over and be credited towards NYS Police & Fire as far as retirement goes (i.e. my years in NYPD can be deducted from the required 20 in NYS P&F). I found this thread, http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...er#post2290332, but it doesn't seem to provide a clear answer. Maybe anyone who went through it or knows can clarify. Beyond the search function, I don't think I can look through the 4,000 posts left for me to read on this thread, so I apologize if it has been answered
                    Hope to one day join your ranks!

-DF
                    sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
                    DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

• So a new Governor voted into office this should be a good sign for a new academy class.......right guys?.....right??........ugh.
                      The citizen expects police officers to have the wisdom of Solomon, the courage of David, the strength of Samson, the patience of the Job, the leadership of Moses, the kindness of the Good Samaritan, the strategical training of Alexander, the faith of Daniel, the diplomacy of Lincoln, the tolerance of the carpenter of Nazareth, and finally, an intimate knowledge of every branch of the natural, biological, and social sciences. If he had all these, he might be a good policeman!– August Vollmer1939

Comment

• Originally posted by LandJ5 View Post
                        So a new Governor voted into office this should be a good sign for a new academy class.......right guys?.....right??........ugh.
                        Um.....Actually, no. Then AG, now Governor-Elect Cuomo supported current Gov. Patterson's plan to lay off 898 state workers. While there was no talk of laying off Troopers specifically, I don't see anything dramatically improving state finances in the near term, that would lead to more hiring.

Sorry.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Cuomo 1 didn't exactly help this state either.

Comment

• I attended the meeting at Troop HQ at which the "Work Force Reduction Plan" was explained to employees. Not a good day.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              I attended the meeting at Troop HQ at which the "Work Force Reduction Plan" was explained to employees. Not a good day.
                              How bad are we talking??????

Comment

• Big thanks to every member on this forum, I can't tell you how helpful it's been. I'm a senior in High School in Central NY seeking advice regarding employment with the NYSP in the future. This forum's pretty much the King of all LEO forums, so I figured I'd ask on here. I hate to be one of the 'noobs' looking for advice but this is pretty much my only resource... hopefully meeting with a recruiter at Troop D in Marcy sometime in the near future. Plan to go to a local college for criminal justice degree (AS) and then pursue another AS degree in whatever I'm interested in. I am financially secure and a waiting period for the job wouldn't be a killer; NYSP has been my dream career since I was born. I was told by a current trooper that I should get a degree in what I like, which is anything transportation-related for me, (cars, planes, bikes, etc), and then after a while as a trooper apply for a job in a related investigator field, such as the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Unit (CVEU). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and big thanks to Tpr. B.C. Bullis with Troop B for helping me so far.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7405 users online. 347 members and 7058 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X