300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    Has anyone heard about a "trial" taser program? I got an email today...
    I's sure there will be plenty of memos with the subject line of TASER TRIAL after guys start spark testing them on each other... I know we go through plenyt of pepper at my barracks.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Check your pm!

Comment

• don't think there will be too much of using the taser on each other considering they are going to record video and audio upon deployment.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• correct...

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
              it doesn't record who shot the taser, just who got hit right?
              Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
              correct...
              ..I should be good then
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                don't think there will be too much of using the taser on each other considering they are going to record video and audio upon deployment.
                Even when you spark test it at the beginning of your shift?
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
                  I wonder who's hoping they offer the retirement incentive to sworn members more, troopers on the job, or those in line for the next couple classes hoping to get on the job.
                  Troopers-on-the-job more, for sure.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                      Primary cause of accident in front of State Police Barracks: Driver inattention/distraction (filling out paperwork while driving)
                      Secondary cause: Driver's view obstructed by $-$ sign sunglasses.
                      Tertiary cause: Failed to yield the right of way when entering the road.
                      Quaternary cause: Unsafe speed (while en route to the post office.)
                      tooooo funny.....i jumped right on it and mailed it 3-4 days early, only to find out that it cost 61 cents, and one stamp wasn't gonna fly.....so with 15 minutes till the post office closed on 10/05, i'm frantically printing out forms and addressing an envelope. made it though.

Comment

• Good morning, first post after lurking for a while. I've found a lot of useful information on here and I appreciate that. I've passed everything except the final medical exam and currently ranked in 1900's on the 2008 test. This opportunity (when it eventually presents itself) is something that I've been looking forward to for a long time. I'm continuing to be patient but in the interim I was wondering if any of the veteran members could provide me with an example of a daily PT routine that could get me acclimated to what occurs in the academy on daily basis? I've been doing pushups, situps and running as much as I can. Any further suggestions that you have I would appreciate it. Look forward to hopefully working with you one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citykid33 View Post
                          Good morning, first post after lurking for a while.....
                          pushups situps and running are the meat and potatos of the PT......get good at holding yourself up in pushup position for long intervals

Comment

• Originally posted by Citykid33 View Post
                            Good morning, first post after lurking for a while. I've found a lot of useful information on here and I appreciate that. I've passed everything except the final medical exam and currently ranked in 1900's on the 2008 test. This opportunity (when it eventually presents itself) is something that I've been looking forward to for a long time. I'm continuing to be patient but in the interim I was wondering if any of the veteran members could provide me with an example of a daily PT routine that could get me acclimated to what occurs in the academy on daily basis? I've been doing pushups, situps and running as much as I can. Any further suggestions that you have I would appreciate it. Look forward to hopefully working with you one day.
                            CityKid:

The daily routing has likely changed since I was a recruit a few years ago. So I'll let one of the newer guys comment on that.

But I like your positive attitude. The opportunity will present itself one day, so don't get discouraged. This hiring freeze is the longest I've ever seen, but it will end one day. So stay in shape and keep your nose clean. We look forward to working with you some day too.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              CityKid:

The daily routing has likely changed since I was a recruit a few years ago. So I'll let one of the newer guys comment on that.

But I like your positive attitude. The opportunity will present itself one day, so don't get discouraged. This hiring freeze is the longest I've ever seen, but it will end one day. So stay in shape and keep your nose clean. We look forward to working with you some day too.
                              Thanks...btw, who's Fred Phelps?

Comment

• I'll take this one to let everyone know I am still alive.

Fred Phelps is the pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church. Very much in the news lately.
                                Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10987 users online. 393 members and 10594 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X