300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    DRE Final Knowledge Exam tomorrow morning....
    Wow, how long is the entire process? At one stage I wanted that gig but I wear too many hats already and I think members in my platoon would kill me if I put in for anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
      Wow, how long is the entire process? At one stage I wanted that gig but I wear too many hats already and I think members in my platoon would kill me if I put in for anything else.
      The classroom part of it,11 days total, started June 2nd then we had to goto concerts at Darien and CMAC to do evaluations on people who were under the influence of substances that they weren't supposed to be. The classroom part of it was no joke but there were a few people who I did evaluations on that made it all worth it.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• GrayPatriot,

We could use another around here. I believe we only have one in the area, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
          GrayPatriot,

We could use another around here. I believe we only have one in the area, correct?
          Yeah, there is one. You weren't called in for that big incident last weekend yours guys handled?

Good for you 4985, you might be the only person getting OT where you work now...

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
            Yeah, there is one. You weren't called in for that big incident last weekend yours guys handled?

Good for you 4985, you might be the only person getting OT where you work now...
            I was called after the incident to sit on it for the night but I turned it down because I had to work the 1 shift the next morning. From what I hear, I'm kind of glad I didn't go.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S1758958.shtml?cat=300

Paterson's layoff threat becomes reality
                ALBANY--The memo went out to New York State agency commissioners Thursday. It calls for a workforce reduction of 2000 employees. The letter states that layoffs are an option but the President of New York's Public Employees Federation (PEF) says layoffs before the first of the year are a violation of a signed compromise the union has with the Governor.

"We're gonna hold him to the letter of that agreement--he doesn't need to lay off people to save," says PEF President, Ken Brynien.

The memo is somewhat vague; it reads that layoffs will be "part" of this workforce reduction. Brynien hopes that means the state will allow those who want to take an early retirement to do so.

Jim Blake, a 30 year Department of Criminal Justice employee, claims he had hoped to take advantage of the early retirement incentive but the agency only offered it to two people.

"What really bothers me is he's (Governor Paterson) saying not enough people are taking the incentive his commissioners aren't offering it," complained Blake during an interview on Tuesday.

According to PEF, it has 600 members ready, willing and able to retire. But if the reduction described in Thursday's memo does ultimately include layoffs, then PEF will retaliate it court.

"Because they couldn't get their act together they want to take it out on average working guys--we're not going to take that," adds Brynien.

Before Thursday's memo was even distributed, another union, CSEA, filed an improper practice charge against Governor Paterson.

Comment

Did you take ARIDE before DRE school? I'm trying to get into an ARIDE class now because I don't meet the required time on the job for DRE school. Thanks.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post

Did you take ARIDE before DRE school? I'm trying to get into an ARIDE class now because I don't meet the required time on the job for DRE school. Thanks.
                      I did not, nor did any other Trooper I was in the class with (5 out of 20 of us were from A,E and T). Rich Devlin was intersted in how many guys in the class has been through ARIDE because as a class, we had the highest test scores in the last 6 years according to him, and by a show of hands... about 1/3 of the class had been through ARIDE. The guys who had been through ARIDE and remembered what they had learned, cruised through the pre-school and the top academic guy (Ontario County SO) had been through ARIDE.

Some of the instructors said that there had been talk about making ARIDE a pre-requisite to DRE so I would say, beg, plead and be as much of a company guy as you are willing to be, to get into ARIDE if you want to add another tool to your belt during every traffic stop you make.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                        I did not, nor did any other Trooper I was in the class with (5 out of 20 of us were from A,E and T). Rich Devlin was intersted in how many guys in the class has been through ARIDE because as a class, we had the highest test scores in the last 6 years according to him, and by a show of hands... about 1/3 of the class had been through ARIDE. The guys who had been through ARIDE and remembered what they had learned, cruised through the pre-school and the top academic guy (Ontario County SO) had been through ARIDE.

Some of the instructors said that there had been talk about making ARIDE a pre-requisite to DRE so I would say, beg, plead and be as much of a company guy as you are willing to be, to get into ARIDE if you want to add another tool to your belt during every traffic stop you make.
                        I'm doing my best to work my way into an ARIDE class. However, I'm currently enrolled in a long term training right now which my agency has invested a lot of money into. We also had a DRE at one time but his cert expired so I'm not sure if they'll send another.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdlynbrook View Post
                          http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S1758958.shtml?cat=300

"What really bothers me is he's (Governor Paterson) saying not enough people are taking the incentive his commissioners aren't offering it," complained Blake during an interview on Tuesday.
                          Go ahead and offer the incentive to sworn members. I dare you, LOL
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Comment

• hahaha.

I'd drive mine directly to Albany and hand it in myself. Probably stop and buy a good cigar for the ride home.

I't like dreaming of winning the lottery. Fun, but ain't going to happen.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Has anyone heard about a "trial" taser program? I got an email today...
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3886 users online. 193 members and 3693 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X