300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
    So what does 2010-11 mean? This might sound stupid but does that mean there wont be any hires until at least April of 2011 if any?
    Yes, that it what it means. The state's fiscal year is April 1, 2010 until March 31, 2011. That is the period covered by this budget. In theory, next year's budget could fund new hires. Nobody knows at this point, especially since we will have a new Governor.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
      Thanks SDT, How long does the current list remain active for? 4 years?
      There is not a fixed term for the life of the list. In past years, we would hire people down to a certain score, and that had nothing to do with the age of the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
        Funny to think that there is a chance I'm drafted as an ATO....FROM THE PREVIOUS CLASS!!! ha ha
        Wow, just Wow!

Comment

• Will someone out of the last class or two PM me RE PT. Thanks.

Got the info I was looking for. Thanks.
          Last edited by Trooper4985; 08-19-2010, 12:56 AM.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            There is not a fixed term for the life of the list. In past years, we would hire people down to a certain score, and that had nothing to do with the age of the list.
            Thanks SDT, That's a little better to hear... I'm in the group of candidates that passed everything including the final medical, but didn't make it into the last class, so I was hoping the list wouldn't expire anytime soon. This has been a long wait... but hopefully worth it one day.

Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Thanks SDT, That's a little better to hear... I'm in the group of candidates that passed everything including the final medical, but didn't make it into the last class, so I was hoping the list wouldn't expire anytime soon. This has been a long wait... but hopefully worth it one day.

I've heard 2012 for the next test. But nobody knows for sure. So this list will be active for a while. How many will be hired off of it... well, that's another question.

Comment

Yeah im in a group that was processed in september of 08, rank 92*, pretty sure I passed everything according to a couple sources my dad has (friends with troop G recruiter and a couple other troopers) and my cousin who is a trooper that knew my BI investigator. Not 100% positive though... who knows. Havent heard a peep from anyone sense my follow up on the polygraph.... but like I said my cousin talked to my BI and said everything looked good. Given this economy though I have almost given up hope. Im taking the New York State Correctional exam though that was annouced. But im sure they are in the same boat as the troopers are as far as hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                  I've heard 2012 for the next test. But nobody knows for sure. So this list will be active for a while. How many will be hired off of it... well, that's another question.
                  2012 was what my recruiter said, the list im on is good through June 2012... but who knows could be extended given the fact they haven't gone far on the list.

Comment

• same boat as all of you guys waiting also took the 08 trooper test and scored a 90.32 and i am just under 4800 on the list. hope4badge50 corrections is hiring at a crazy rate im all through everything now im just waiting for the call for an academy they have academies scheduled into next spring 2011 and the budget isn't going to affect the corrections academy

Comment

• Summer 2012? ugghhhh... lets hope the test life is extended. I scored a 97 and processed through the medical...patiently waiting.....
                      The citizen expects police officers to have the wisdom of Solomon, the courage of David, the strength of Samson, the patience of the Job, the leadership of Moses, the kindness of the Good Samaritan, the strategical training of Alexander, the faith of Daniel, the diplomacy of Lincoln, the tolerance of the carpenter of Nazareth, and finally, an intimate knowledge of every branch of the natural, biological, and social sciences. If he had all these, he might be a good policeman!– August Vollmer1939

Comment

• Can any of the Troopers on here explain to me what SJS is?

Comment

• SJS is the Spectrum Justice System. It is a computer program developed by DCJS to record police activity. We use it to write all of our criminal reports and document other police activity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper1986 View Post
                            SJS is the Spectrum Justice System. It is a computer program developed by DCJS to record police activity. We use it to write all of our criminal reports and document other police activity.
                            Thank you!

Comment

• The committee and volunteers of Sperr Memorial Park will host the 2nd annual "TIME TO SPERR" race August 28, 2010 at the park, featuring 10-kilometer and 3-kilometer events and a family fun run around the park pond. In respect for AJ's ultimate sacrifice, we want to hold this 2nd annual "Time To Sperr" run/walk at the park to honor his service to our community.

http://sperrmemorialpark.org/timetosperr.asp

This is a nice flat 10k for a good cause. They have added plaques to two more benches for David Lane and Jill Mattice.

Be there to show your support!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                                Can any of the Troopers on here explain to me what SJS is?
                                The Troops have also given it a nickname: Sucks, Just Sucks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4821 users online. 203 members and 4618 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X