300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
    Any Doctor that prescribes OXY for minor pain management (which I rate any orthopedic surgery painwise), should be investigated.

Go to another Doctor, one that specializes in pain management if you feel it necessary.

Had shoulder surgery and the Dr prescribed Percocets. Took one, made me so dizzy, I flushed the rest away, had Wife buy a case of Bud long necks.

Problem solved...
    I didn't like how the oxycontin made me feel and my shoulder wasn't really that sore which is wierd because the doc's report said he put 5 anchor sutures in my shoulder... I would think that having screws put in would be painful.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/em...ate_police.php

Potential hires should look at this link.

It describes the new Tier 5 new hires will be in (if we ever hire anybody ever again).
      Last edited by SlowDownThere; 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Take a look at the budget briefing book, public safety section starts at page 55, talks about the delay of the state police class and other cuts. Does not look like there will be much going on in the way of hiring until at least next april.

http://publications.budget.state.ny....lications.html

Comment

• Delay State Police Training Classes/Redeploy School Resource Officers. The Division of State Police has not held a training class during the current year, and will not hold any during the 2010-11 fiscal year in light of the State’s fiscal crisis. As a result of the decision not to recruit new members to replace those who leave, the State Police force would be approximately 269 positions lower by April 2011 compared to April 2009, requiring the Superintendent to redeploy members to the highest priority assignments with the greatest impact on public safety. The redeployment plan developed by the Superintendent examined resource allocations in all troops and details to ensure that the core missions of the agency are met. This plan includes the reassignment of 90 school resources officers (at the close of the school year in June 2010), as well as other members in each of the troops and details, from duties beyond the traditional role of the State Police. The delay of the training classes avoids $17 million in cost during the 2010-11 fiscal year.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/em...ate_police.php

It describes the new Tier 5 new hires will be in (if we ever hire anybody ever again).
              That wouldn't count if we're already in the system with a different dept. Would it?

Comment

• Originally posted by CO1259 View Post
                That wouldn't count if we're already in the system with a different dept. Would it?
                http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/em...aqs.php#faq_14

As long as you are already in the Police and Fire Retirement System you are good to go.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/em...ate_police.php

Thanks SDT, How long does the current list remain active for? 4 years?

Comment

• Coupla' Questions for those in the know

Vesting is increased to 10 years. What about those that are injured and forced to retire? Still 3/4 retirement tax free? It would be criminal if that's not the case.

25 years to retire or still 20? I'm not clear on that.

I have a lot to learn, but from the sound of it, new hires are thrown under the bus by the state. I wonder how much all public unions are going to fight this. Otherwise I can see unions becoming divided everywhere.

Not like it matters since at the rate things are going, this list will expire before others and I even get called for the military make up processing.

Stay safe.

Comment

Delay State Police Training Classes/Redeploy School Resource Officers. The Division of State Police has not held a training class during the current year, and will not hold any during the 2010-11 fiscal year in light of the State’s fiscal crisis. As a result of the decision not to recruit new members to replace those who leave, the State Police force would be approximately 269 positions lower by April 2011 compared to April 2009, requiring the Superintendent to redeploy members to the highest priority assignments with the greatest impact on public safety. The redeployment plan developed by the Superintendent examined resource allocations in all troops and details to ensure that the core missions of the agency are met. This plan includes the reassignment of 90 school resources officers (at the close of the school year in June 2010), as well as other members in each of the troops and details, from duties beyond the traditional role of the State Police. The delay of the training classes avoids $17 million in cost during the 2010-11 fiscal year.
                      So what does 2010-11 mean? This might sound stupid but does that mean there wont be any hires until at least April of 2011 if any?

Comment

• It means there is no money in this budget year for a class. If a badget is passed next year that has money in it for a class... then Division will start proscessing candidtaes... next class by my guess is probably not till fall 2011 IF we get any money next year.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• ugh....i'm buying a coffee maker for the station....i'm going on 3 yrs of fetching coffee on the 1shifts. and judging by the above snippet, there doesn't appear to be and end in sight for that lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                            ugh....i'm buying a coffee maker for the station....i'm going on 3 yrs of fetching coffee on the 1shifts. and judging by the above snippet, there doesn't appear to be and end in sight for that lol
                            Hey sport, if your buying a coffee machine make sure you buy the coffee too.

Comment

• Funny to think that there is a chance I'm drafted as an ATO....FROM THE PREVIOUS CLASS!!! ha ha
                              Last edited by cadetlinux; 08-11-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Worthless1 View Post
                                Hey sport, if your buying a coffee machine make sure you buy the coffee too.
                                will do. i'll even get the real deal DD grounds

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8680 users online. 381 members and 8299 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X