300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    Public Information Officer... usually a LT in Albany who talks to the press and releases official information for Division.
    o i c

Comment

• http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s..._county_m.html

Blossvale, NY — State police say they shot a man who killed a three-month-old baby in front of troopers called to an Oneida County home by a report of a domestic dispute. The armed man was outside a home in the town of Blossvale when troopers arrived after getting a 911 call at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Family and neighbors told the Observer-Dispatch the gunman's name is Adam Theall.

Neighbors identified the shooter as Adam Theall, who lived with the child's mother, Jamie Baker, at the nearby Pine Haven mobile home community. The incident took place at the home of Theall's parents at 3609 Pine Road. State police had blocked off the street Tuesday morning.

A birth notice for a child of similar age was recently published in the Rome Sentinel and Utica Observer Dispatch: Eithen Zethrey, born March 22, 2010 at Rome Memorial Hospital to Adam Theall and Jamie Baker. Troopers shot Theall after he used a shotgun to shoot the child and open fire on them.

Authorities say the gunman survived and was taken by helicopter to a local hospital. The baby was pronounced dead at a hospital. No other injuries were reported. Troopers say a total of three children were at the home, all younger than 5. The names and relationships of the people involved haven’t been released by state police. Blossvale is about 30 miles east of Syracuse.

Comment

• A lot of sick people in this world...
        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
          A lot of sick people in this world...
          He isn't the only sick one. This crime happened in Bath, NY on Sunday (also a 3 month old boy murdered by his father).

http://www.the-leader.com/news/x3832...boy-s-dad-held
          Bath, N.Y. — A Father’s Day visit turned tragic Sunday night in Bath when an estranged father allegedly killed his infant son and the boy’s mother.

Bryan M. Ashline, 23, of the suburban Albany city of Watervliet, is charged with two counts of second-degree murder for allegedly stabbing to death Trieste R. Clayton, 25, of 9 Mountainview Road West, and 3-month-old Xavier Michael Ashline.

Clayton was stabbed in the neck and the back, and Xavier was stabbed in the chest inside the duplex apartment where they lived. A knife was recovered at the scene, police said.

“The number of years in law enforcement could not prepare anybody for anything as tragic as that,” Bath Police Chief David Rouse said at a Monday morning press conference.

Ashline and Clayton were estranged but had a previous dating relationship, police said. Ashline came to Bath to see his son for Father’s Day.

Clayton’s family had reportedly advised her not to allow Ashline to visit because of his violent past.

Ashline was charged with assaulting Clayton in August 2009 in Albany County where the couple were living at the time. She moved back to the area after the assault and obtained an order of protection against Ashline.

The murders occurred shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday, and Clayton managed to make at least two phone calls – one to 911 and at least one to family members – after she was stabbed.

Police said nothing in Clayton’s 911 call was clearly audible, but officers responded because of the open line.

The bodies were found in the kitchen area and both victims were pronounced dead at the scene.

“Absolutely tragic,” Rouse said.

Police would not discuss a motive but said the deaths were the result of a “domestic incident.” No one else lived at the home, and, presumably, there were no other witnesses to the murders.

Steuben County District Attorney John Tunney would not say if Ashline confessed to the murders, but he said Ashline “discussed the events of (Sunday) night with investigators.”

After allegedly fleeing the scene, Ashline was captured shortly after 5 a.m. Monday at a rest stop off Interstate Highway 88 in Otsego County, about 100 miles southwest of Albany.

He was taken into custody after he was found sleeping in a 2010 Chevy Impala. State police located the vehicle with the help of On-Star.

“(On-Star) is a useful and very helpful tool,” Tunney said.

Ashline was presumably driving back to Albany County when he was captured.

He was arraigned in Monday afternoon in Bath Village Court and ordered held without bail. Ashline was not represented by an attorney and did not enter a plea. He is scheduled to appear in court June 28.

The victim’s bodies were taken to the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsies.

Clayton was a 2003 graduate of Haverling High School and a 2006 graduate of Alfred University. She worked at the Village Tavern in Hammondsport.

A full obituary was not available at presstime, but the victims are survived by Clayton’s parents, Cynthia Watson and Joe Clayton, both of Bath, and several siblings.

Copyright 2010 The Corning Leader. Some rights reserved
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Another candidate for prompt lethal injection, hopefully. I hear these stories in the news and ask myself how you guys and girls can show restraint. You all are fantastic at what you do though, and this is just an example of that.
            Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• The elimination of trailer parks would probably show a statewide reduction of crime in the 10-15% range, HIGHER in child abuse, domestic violence...

Comment

• Two guys from my class picked up the suspect from Bath....guys from my station responded second....crazy stuff happening lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                  Two guys from my class picked up the suspect from Bath....guys from my station responded second....crazy stuff happening lately.
                  Yep.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• 10-15%???? we wouldnt have jobs

Comment

• Ever notice that distinct "smell" of the truly white trash in some of those hovels or their vehicles ?

Get too close and it's to the dry cleaners with your whole uni...

Comment

• It's a fragrant mixture of cat urine, stale Bush Light, and a dirty ashtray.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• yep...seems like every car i search smells the same...

Comment

• Reading those two news stories really makes me sick to my stomach. Don't know how you men and women do it, but stay safe out there and put those scumbags behind bars where they belong.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                              yep...seems like every car i search smells the same...
                              atleast mine smelt like fabreeze

Also i see that alot of you state police ride solo idk but it kinda makes me nervouse if anything would go down how far backup would be if anything would come up. Like if anything feels outa place do u just sit there and wait or just hop out i would atleast bring out that trench gun you got sitting in the passenger seat
                              Last edited by Deputy Marley; 06-30-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deputy Marley View Post
                                atleast mine smelt like fabreeze

Also i see that alot of you state police ride solo idk but it kinda makes me nervouse if anything would go down how far backup would be if anything would come up. Like if anything feels outa place do u just sit there and wait or just hop out i would atleast bring out that trench gun you got sitting in the passenger seat
                                Having a partner can be an advantage or it can be a hinderance. I really like working a few guys because we think alike and are proactive. Having to work with someone who is clueless or doesn't want to work is more dangerous than riding alone.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9272 users online. 432 members and 8840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X