Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probation is over....one year after graduation...18 months total....weeeeee!

Comment

• Hi all -

Has there been any talk of reducing the time/length of the State Police academy to save money?

I know Texas DPS went from 29 to 17-20 weeks and cut out some aspects. They said it would save the state money, get Troops on the road faster, and Troopers can get intermediate cert later.

Stay safe.

That's a no.....the academy is jam packed and rushed enough as it is. There are so many people begging the Lieutenant to include some of "their" training into the curriculum that they will never cut anything out. I think saving money by reducing training is pretty lame...not to mention unsafe...

Comment

• Not that I have a lot of experience to comment, but I have to agree. As much as I would want to be out on the road ASAP, the more training you have the better; For yourself, your agency and the citizens.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
          I think saving money by reducing training is pretty lame...not to mention unsafe...
          Well... according to our great and wonderful leader.... we are all out of a job on Wednesday in the name of saving money. I hope all the good people own guns and know how to use them because it's going to be dicey out there when all the Troopers are sitting home because they aren't getting paid.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
            Hi all -

Has there been any talk of reducing the time/length of the State Police academy to save money?
            There has been no talk of having an Academy at all, long or short.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              Well... according to our great and wonderful leader.... we are all out of a job on Wednesday in the name of saving money. I hope all the good people own guns and know how to use them because it's going to be dicey out there when all the Troopers are sitting home because they aren't getting paid.
              Did everyone get the PBA news today?
              Last edited by reils49; 06-12-2010, 04:55 PM.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                Did everyone get the PBA news today?
                Just checked my E-mail... sounds better than the news article of the governor saying that without an extension, the people of NY were going to be without police and fire, but it's doesn't say that we don't have anything to worry about either.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• I would like you guys to "volunteer" to only make loops on the Thruway and Northway, with no tickets given out.

No income for you, no income for the State...

Story; Way back NJ was slamming us with a long term no contract period. So a general unofficial slowdown was taking place state wide. "They" assigned a Lt to set up radar teams on the Interstates. The fool I was with would stand out in the center lane and try to stop 18 wheelers with a hand signal. After about 6 guys locked up in front of him, he left with his troop car as an "overheat" back to garage for maintenance check.

Comment

• Everyone get the email from the PIO? I thought that was interesting.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Everyone get the email from the PIO? I thought that was interesting.
                        personal, or work email?.........i didn't get anything at home today. wanna pm me the nuts and bolts of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                          personal, or work email?.........i didn't get anything at home today. wanna pm me the nuts and bolts of it?
                          Me too please... I'm in Rochester at DRE School and wont be back till Friday evening.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Everyone get the email from the PIO? I thought that was interesting.
                            Hmm, no I didn't. And I'm at work. Maybe I just missed it.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• don't even know what "PIO" means....

Comment

• Public Information Officer... usually a LT in Albany who talks to the press and releases official information for Division.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6502 users online. 348 members and 6154 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X