Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    Definately not a fan of the new look to the forums. Then again I have always hated any change.
    Has anyone heard if NYSP are hiring and conducting academy classes? Is it worth applying right now or will it be years?

    Comment


    • Take a look back on the forum a few pages and all of your questions will be answered.

      Then take a look on www.nytrooper.com and a few more will be answered.

      There is currently no money in the NYS budget for an academy class until AT LEAST next year, after they approve money for it in the 2011/12 budget.

      You can't apply until they announce an exam. The next exam will be AT LEAST 2012, but possibly further than that away.

      Hope that helps.

      Comment


      • Have you heard if they are going to do any more DRE Training or is this the only class and how many people are in the class from all the Troops.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
          Take a look back on the forum a few pages and all of your questions will be answered.

          Then take a look on www.nytrooper.com and a few more will be answered.

          There is currently no money in the NYS budget for an academy class until AT LEAST next year, after they approve money for it in the 2011/12 budget.

          You can't apply until they announce an exam. The next exam will be AT LEAST 2012, but possibly further than that away.

          Hope that helps.
          Thanks for the Info. The thread was kinda off subject. Thanks for saven me from reading through all that stuff.
          How do they feel about laterals from other states?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
            How do they feel about laterals from other states?
            To my knowledge, they do not do lateral transfers, but someone on here should correct me if I am wrong.

            Comment


            • We don't accept lateral transfers. I think the New Hampshire is one of the only SP agencies in the northeast that does. I may wrong though.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Worthless1 View Post
                Have you heard if they are going to do any more DRE Training or is this the only class and how many people are in the class from all the Troops.
                This class is not put on by us. We only got 6 out of 21 seats. The seats were slpit between A, E and T.
                sigpic

                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                Trooper4985's official theme song

                Comment


                • Heaven's to Betsy

                  How awful that must have been looking to have to read several pages of information to get your questions answered on a thread that has been around for years !

                  Luckily somebody took pity on you ......and then more questions...sheech

                  Good luck in one of the toughtest law enforcement Acadamies around (when they have one...)

                  Comment


                  • quick question is there a practice booklet for the exam? online like a study guide or anything? thank you

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Deputy Marley View Post
                      quick question is there a practice booklet for the exam? online like a study guide or anything? thank you
                      Seek and ye shall find: http://www.nytrooper.com/docs/StudyGuide.pdf

                      Comment


                      • ah ty heh guess sometimes too lazy to use the search button

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                          How awful that must have been looking to have to read several pages of information to get your questions answered on a thread that has been around for years !

                          Luckily somebody took pity on you ......and then more questions...sheech

                          Good luck in one of the toughtest law enforcement Acadamies around (when they have one...)
                          Wow lots of free time for snipping!
                          I already have a job with the best Law Enforcement Agency in the world.
                          The information I asked for was for a friend. I humbly thank and respect NYSP61 for giving it freely with professionalism.
                          Snide remarks are unnecessary, but since you insist on snipping...... I will sink to your level and point out that you misspelled 'toughest' and 'academies.' Doesn't feel good does it?
                          Thanks again NYSP61.

                          Semper Fi
                          Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 06-06-2010, 04:03 PM.

                          Comment


                          • "Semper"... to you as well

                            Comment


                            • ???
                              Semper Fidelis back at ya.

                              Comment


                              • It's never a good thing to mispell words when you are being critical of someone's spelling (or in my case my typing skills).

                                But to throw around USMC talk like a real Leatherneck and mispell Semper.... your Gunny would rip off your head and stomp you....

                                If I had a dollar for every person posting and seeking information "for a friend"....

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7500 users online. 352 members and 7148 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X