Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • capt

    I believe he has a Superintendent’s Commendation with a star not a Brummer with a star

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 17753664 View Post
      I believe he has a Superintendent’s Commendation with a star not a Brummer with a star
      distinct possibility. thanks.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mad22 View Post
        Where did you find that patch, I think I need to get one for him too. Stay safe,
        http://www.lapolicegear.com/shmapa.html

        Comment


        • I'm in C. Started off and spent a year and half in F and trying to get to the difficult troop A. I'd take Rochester for my career but SP Rochester and Canandaigua are younger guys with a good amount of time and don't see them going anywhere. We could fill the void of troops with patrol Sgt's!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
            I'll leave the comments relating to content to the guys who were on the job at the time, but i have a question...

            I worked the detail for quite a few weeks. I thought the question would be about the actor's portrayal of Troopers while wearing full beards.

            Ugh
            You can now follow me on twitter.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
              I'm in C. Started off and spent a year and half in F and trying to get to the difficult troop A. I'd take Rochester for my career but SP Rochester and Canandaigua are younger guys with a good amount of time and don't see them going anywhere. We could fill the void of troops with patrol Sgt's!
              Jump on the T-way... there are many advantages on the T-way when trying to get home... you never know... you might like it and stay there. I'd put in for SP Buffalo (drugs/drunks/very few complaints) in an instant if I wasn't already established prior to being hired.

              Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              I worked the detail for quite a few weeks. I thought the question would be about the actor's portrayal of Troopers while wearing full beards.

              Ugh
              I thought the question would be if Division was really as screwed up as the show made us look. I spent more time out west than I was at home in the summer of 2006. Very little about the whole show was even remotely accurate from the very beginning. About the only thing they portrayed correctly was that the NYSP was hunting a POS that shot 3 Troopers, killing 1. I now have very little faith in any 'reenactment' that I see on TV since I know first hand that that whole hour long show was completely inaccurate.


              BTW... anyone going to the 2010 Police/Security Expo in Atlantic City in June?

              http://www.police-security.com/
              Last edited by Trooper4985; 04-08-2010, 04:43 AM.
              sigpic

              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

              Trooper4985's official theme song

              Comment


              • Wasn't aware of the expo but it looks like something I'd like to go to...

                Comment


                • TPR4985

                  SP buffalo is extremely busy. There a lot of cfs and complaints.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
                    TPR4985

                    SP buffalo is extremely busy. There a lot of cfs and complaints.
                    Oh... one of the guys I met back in 2006 made it sound like nothing but a highway station with the occasional domestic in a vehicle.
                    sigpic

                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                    Trooper4985's official theme song

                    Comment


                    • i worked in 4 troops and 6 stations. With the exception of massena buffalo is much busier. if u have a scanner tune into the freq sometime. u can pick it up on the ipone/droid phones now also. Average 50 drunks a month

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
                        i worked in 4 troops and 6 stations. With the exception of massena buffalo is much busier. if u have a scanner tune into the freq sometime. u can pick it up on the ipone/droid phones now also. Average 50 drunks a month
                        I thought you said your station in Oswego County was busier?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
                          Average 50 drunks a month
                          My kind of station... I could really care less about out of controll 9 year olds and the trailer dwellers who argue over the last GPC cigarette and can of Old Mill... I'd rather be tossing cars and arresting drunks.
                          sigpic

                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                          Trooper4985's official theme song

                          Comment


                          • when i worked there were still on 8 hr shifts. The A and B tour were quiet. The C tour kept u busy. Buffalo is busy all the time. No matter what shift u have. Just look at the traffic in the area. Where there is traffic there are people. Where there are people there will be problems.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              My kind of station... I could really care less about out of controll 9 year olds and the trailer dwellers who argue over the last GPC cigarette and can of Old Mill... I'd rather be tossing cars and arresting drunks.
                              I personally like trailer parks.....you usually walk away with an interesting story.
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

                              Comment


                              • I would take SP Buffalo in a heartbeat....I dunno my CFS while in F was almost at 550 calls last year and thats not even factoring in the calls I took for Impact...checked CFS for SP Buffalo and no-one came close to that though I Know what its like with the 90 being crazy all day they get the same down in Tarrytown(I actually think its busier traffic wise)...not saying it's not busy its just 2 different beast

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6825 users online. 296 members and 6529 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X