Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
      The trend for NYSP hires seems to be a bit of an older crowd, especially given the high number of military candidates. A few more years of life experience should help you as long as you keep yourself clean during those years. I took the test when I was quite young and wouldn't have been ready to go into the academy at that age.

People from all sorts of backgrounds get hired and even many current police officers get turned down. The important thing is to abide by the law, build a good work history, get along with those around you, and either further your education or have a military background... be in shape too, because nothing else matters if you fail the physical testing.
      Thanks GrayState, that was very helpful.

Comment

• I got into the academy at 23 and my quad mate was the ripe age of 21. The 21 year old is now in the SORT school so I firmly believe its the maturity of the person processing. As you see when you get on the job there are middle aged people who act like kids. I'm hearing we got federal money to put in a class at the end of the year for 2010. Just a rumor and it's to be 90-100 guys.

Comment

The trend for NYSP hires seems to be a bit of an older crowd, especially given the high number of military candidates.
          GS, are you calling me old
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
            I'm hearing we got federal money to put in a class at the end of the year for 2010. Just a rumor and it's to be 90-100 guys.
            Under what program or grant?

Comment

• That would be awesome, if its true, however I wouldn't give up hope on an academy this year. I've been looking around to take other (police officer) tests in Syracuse and Buffalo, both areas have tests coming up for the city, county, and towns. The federal gov. is still hiring, or accepting applications at the DEA, FBI, SS, and even the State Dep.
              I just try to keep an open mind about, and eventually something will happen. All things considered, I would love to be a State police officer. From what I have seen they are the most professional and get the highest quality of training; plus me having a military background, it would be a better transition.
              We won't know for sure until letters start going out, but as others have said here keep applying around for other jobs/careers that may interest you. Don't put your life on hold for the state, because they won't put anything on hold for you.
              It is what it is.

Comment

• State Trooper. Not State Police Officer.
                Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• reils did i see your name involved in a lil something something last weekend?
                  pm me

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                    State Trooper. Not State Police Officer.
                    Alright man, its says both on the vics anyway.......well, you get where I was headed.

Comment

Just a correction to that, a sergeant retires and no one gets promoted... I think quite a few sergeants are going to be retiring soon too.
                      Have you been snooping through my desk?

Actually, a certain SGT that you dealt with last night is leaving in April.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
                        I'm hearing we got federal money to put in a class at the end of the year for 2010. Just a rumor and it's to be 90-100 guys.
                        Can anyone (troopers) confirm or comment on?

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                            Have you been snooping through my desk?

Actually, a certain SGT that you dealt with last night is leaving in April.
                            Have you heard anything regarding that email concerning possible promotions and movement?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                              Have you heard anything regarding that email concerning possible promotions and movement?
                              PM sent
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by 17753664 View Post
                                reils did i see your name involved in a lil something something last weekend?
                                pm me
                                pm sent
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9907 users online. 493 members and 9414 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X