Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too little debt? I bet there are many people that wish they had that problem
    (I don't think I've ever heard those 3 words put together).

Comment

• Thanx for the replies guys. I have an excellent credit score and manage to pay all of my bills and on time. I was just worried because I have my mortgage, car loan and the credit cards that will show up in my credit report and didn't know if they will frown upon this. I just hope that if for any reason this becomes a problem during my background check, my BI will give me the opportunity to pay them off immediately and not DQ me.

Does anyone know if these BI's usually keep you updated and tell you if there are any problems?

Thanx again,
      Bob
      sigpic
      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• [Quote]
        does anyone know if these BI's usually keep you updated and tell you if there are any problems?

When I had My BI done, I was only contacted when my Investigator needed more info for something. I also received a call letting me know my package was being sent to Albany. Other than that, no contact was made. Good Luck to you...
        Last edited by trooperCand; 04-18-2007, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Don't worry so much Bob

Everyone has debt, I had debt and they let me in. Do you have over $20,000 in credit card, I think they are looking at stuff like that, and even if you do and don't miss payments you should be ok. Credit is a big indicator of your personality, which is why car insurance companies use it.

Have you read the whole thread, a lot of your questions have been answered on here before. There's a few classes worth of questions on this thread.

Comment

• The whole thread? Man, it's 27 pages now.
            I wouldn't read that much for any job, lol.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew
              Everyone has debt, I had debt and they let me in. Do you have over $20,000 in credit card, I think they are looking at stuff like that, and even if you do and don't miss payments you should be ok. Credit is a big indicator of your personality, which is why car insurance companies use it.

Have you read the whole thread, a lot of your questions have been answered on here before. There's a few classes worth of questions on this thread.

Thanx for your reply. I have under 5k on my cards, but was worried whether or not his could affect my hiring. My credit is excellent though.
              sigpic

Comment

• There is this one place that gives me a thirty dollar credit for every new card that I sign up for. I have about five now, haha. The good part is that it improves my debt to credit line ratio since I don't use them at all. However, I have a huge revolving credit line, so I'll probably need to cancel some cards when I go to buy a house
                I wouldn't worry about 5k, especially if you have a half-way decent explanation. You would have a chance to explain yourself before it's held against you.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState
                  There is this one place that gives me a thirty dollar credit for every new card that I sign up for. I have about five now, haha. The good part is that it improves my debt to credit line ratio since I don't use them at all. However, I have a huge revolving credit line, so I'll probably need to cancel some cards when I go to buy a house
                  I wouldn't worry about 5k, especially if you have a half-way decent explanation. You would have a chance to explain yourself before it's held against you.
                  Yeah, after I bought my house I would get those 0% APR for 12-18 month offers all the time so I figured why not get one or two cards with those offers and use them to pay for things I need for the house. That was 3 years ago. Since then i still continuously get the 0% APR offers for 12-18 months, so I just pay a bit more than the minimum and transfer the balance to another 0% offer when a particular card offer is going to end. I know it is a time consuming way to pay off your cards, but it's like having a life long loan with 0% APR and you never pay one penny intrest. But if for any reason my BI says it's a problem, then I will def just pay them off.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                    Yeah, after I bought my house I would get those 0% APR for 12-18 month offers all the time so I figured why not get one or two cards with those offers and use them to pay for things I need for the house. That was 3 years ago. Since then i still continuously get the 0% APR offers for 12-18 months, so I just pay a bit more than the minimum and transfer the balance to another 0% offer when a particular card offer is going to end. I know it is a time consuming way to pay off your cards, but it's like having a life long loan with 0% APR and you never pay one penny intrest. But if for any reason my BI says it's a problem, then I will def just pay them off.
                    My brother uses them and invests the money in the stock market. He's made out very well, and hasn't paid a penny of interest on the loans. Free money.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState
                      My brother uses them and invests the money in the stock market. He's made out very well, and hasn't paid a penny of interest on the loans. Free money.

Your brother is a smart man. Patience pay$.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                        The whole thread? Man, it's 27 pages now.
                        I wouldn't read that much for any job, lol.
                        This is nothing. One of the other boards has one that is up to 74 pages. Dating back to 3-15-04.

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio
                          This is nothing. One of the other boards has one that is up to 74 pages. Dating back to 3-15-04.
                          Which board/site are you referring to? I'm always looking for other message boards on NYSP to read.

Thanx
                          Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 12:50 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP
                            Bob & Slowdownthere,

I have been with the NYSP as an Explorer for 4 years. ... The date is however tenatively scheduled for Feb 2008. Applications will be available May 1, 2007 through Nov 1, 2007.

KP

All true, I just learned.

I'm somewhat surprized that I first learned this from an explorer, however.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Summer Class

I spoke with a recruiter yesterday and was told that as far as he knew the next academy is still scheduled for a July/August time frame. So hopefully those of us waiting for the medical invites will hear something in May.
                              I was also contacted by the member hiring unit in Albany requesting some additional medical paperwork from me, so I was happy to hear that I'm still alive in the process. This also leads me to believe they must be starting to review peoples packets down in Albany, so hopefully things will move along smoothly for this next class. Anyone else hearing anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                                Which board/site are you referring to? I'm always looking for other message boards on NYSP to read.

Thanx,
                                Bob

I sent you a link.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6587 users online. 271 members and 6316 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X