Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a paper to write for my Police Organization and Supervision class and am having some trouble coming up with a solid topic to write about. Any ideas? I will most likely be interviewing a Trooper in the next week or two about it. I might be having this trouble because it is 4am

Comment

• Check out this bumper sticker I found. A pretty unique PBA campaign from the past. Does anyone know when this was used?

Comment

• I'm suprised no one has posted up about the rumor thats swirling about the Superintendent resigning tomorrow.
        Any one care to comment?

Comment

• not a rumor, he resigned. All over the papers and news in buffalo

Comment

• I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this? With the news that broke last week over the Governor's detail I figured everyone saw it as inevitable. There goes another good Superintendent used as a scapegoat. Word is there are more resignations to follow....

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
              I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this? With the news that broke last week over the Governor's detail I figured everyone saw it as inevitable. There goes another good Superintendent used as a scapegoat. Word is there are more resignations to follow....
              What is going on with the Gov's detail?

There were issues under Spitzer and now Paterson. I feel bad for these guys, they are stuck between rock/hard place when trying to perform their jobs.

Working a protection detail is a tricky world, you are privy to activities in politics that are beyond the scope of normal LE and you can get dragged into that world. On one hand you don't want to betray the trust/confidence of the protectee and on the other you know something is wrong...what do you do

I know what I would do but it can F up your career.

Comment

• G A W N

"Good Super's" withstand the political pressures of the job and say "No" to the political hacks and therebye preserve the reputation for their outfit.

Bad Super's bend to the whim of circumstance and "spin", are surprised when those actions attack back to them eventually, resign and hopefully are forgotten ...

Story; Was at NJ Gov inaugural dinner at Princeton's gym floor. Saw a bunch of guys that I knew that were now in the Gov detail. Also was a sniper up in the hoops seats at top of gym. Since it was a $1,000 a plate dinner (My company was paying...) and the Gov had just got the largest win in recent NJ history, asked "what was all the hoopla about". "Oh, the guy just likes to make it look like he's TPOTUS and we are Secret Service."

Comment

• Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                  What is going on with the Gov's detail?

There were issues under Spitzer and now Paterson. I feel bad for these guys, they are stuck between rock/hard place when trying to perform their jobs.

Working a protection detail is a tricky world, you are privy to activities in politics that are beyond the scope of normal LE and you can get dragged into that world. On one hand you don't want to betray the trust/confidence of the protectee and on the other you know something is wrong...what do you do

I know what I would do but it can F up your career.
                  I wouldn't risk prison for anyone including my 2 shift partners.... I'd take a bullet for them 100 times over, no question... but not a prison cell.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• What the heck......

.....is going on? I leave the state for two weeks and everything falls apart. Good thing I'm back tommorow.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Is it true about the 1st Dep??? Can someone send me a PM?
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Another one hits the pavement

Since I was/am not a mos NYSP I can only say that it is bad when these types of 'superiors' besmerch the reputation of "the outfit" that so many Men and Women of the NYSP spent their working lives, and is some cases their actual lives, building.

I would prefer that they be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, maybe then, when Corbit could lose his $ 84,000 pension, that he/they would THINK, maybe not of the NYSP, but of themselves and by accident protect what so many others value, The Reputation Of The New York State Police.

Comment

• Ok, I had to break the silence...

I haven't been regularly following the forum, so I apologize of this has been asked, but what do you all think about the possibility of a processing weekend for late summer/fall 2010 for a early 2011 academy? Seems like "they" will need to put in some large classes (if 2011 budget allows) to make up for not holding an academy session this year.

Also, with the cost of administering entrance exams, do you think "they" will extend the current exam list beyond the normal three to four years? Seems like this would make sense as they haven't processed for a class in over a year.

I know, probably way too early to answer either one of those questions, but I saw three troopers doing radar today and it got me excited thinking about seeing those envelopes show up in the mailbox.

On a side note: Get some of those drunks off the road for us tomorrow night guys. Thanks for being out there.
                          Last edited by NYSP61; 03-16-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• http://binghamtoncrew.org/5k/

We invite you to Binghamton Crew’'s Fourth Annual John McKenna Memorial 5K run. The event will be held on March 20th in Binghamton's West Side at Beethoven Park. Proceeds will benefit Binghamton Crew in our effort to purchase a boat in his name and the John McKenna Memorial Fund which supports the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund and the NYS Trooper Scholarship Fund.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post

I haven't been regularly following the forum, so I apologize of this has been asked, but what do you all think about the possibility of a processing weekend for late summer/fall 2010 for a early 2011 academy? Seems like "they" will need to put in some large classes (if 2011 budget allows) to make up for not holding an academy session this year.
                              Well, DOT is hiring. DOCS is hiring. So much for the hiring freeze.

I haven't heard anything about NYSP hiring, but I hope we do soon. It's hard to make new supervisors without making new Troopers. And when I look at my own zone, almost every supervisor is eligible to retire.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I just don't understand the logic between putting a hiring freeze on the Troopers, when so many other areas of state government could be improved. Last I heard was there won't be a new class until 2012. What this tells me is that they are trying to intentionally cull down the overall Trooper numbers. By 2012 there has to be a very large number of retirees from 2010 (really 2009) - 2012, as the above post insinuates. Either the first class they put in at 2012 is going to be huge, or they are going to be doing two very large classes that year. Now tell me how does that save the state money in the long run? The only way it does is if you you operate under the premise that the state budget is somehow going to be fixed and nicely balanced by then. That, however, is nothing more than a fantasy. All this current freeze does is stress the current Troopers as they deal with increasing workloads and less manpower, and further harm what will likely be a continued poor financial status of the state. Of all the things that can be done, cutting essentially services should be at the bottom of that list.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10769 users online. 489 members and 10280 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X