300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
    Do you guys have mileage clause in your contact where you get paid some small stipend if you have a longer than "normal" commute ?

NJSP used to pay .10cents per mile over 40 miles each way (82 miles back and forth = .20cents per day !). Worst I have heard of was one poor guy was 116 miles EACH way for an 8 hour gig on the GS Parkway. Couple of months of tuning in $400+ monthly mileage claims and he got trannied within the mileage limit.
    Story; I put in a claim for 47 miles each way or $1.40 each trip, couple of months later a Lt at Troop HQ called me in and told me I was under "his personal" investigation for illegal mileage claim. He had driven to my house and clocked one way to the station which was 42 miles. He thought he had a biggie , $1.00 a day. Till I asked him what way he drove ? He took one way, as the crow flies (with local highways, traffic, multiple traffic lights), me I took the faster way (all Interstate). There was nothing in the regs that covered that problem.
    Goes along with the Troop commander I stopped one night. Walked up to his unmarked, he slurs, why don't you have you hat on ? (It was too windy, they always blow off on the Turnpike.). "Captain, I stopped you for DWI and have called in your plate number as a DWI stop on the Troop radio."
    I wonder why I missed out on some of those promotions/Defective assignments I put in for...
    haha thats great bigwil. No ones above the law :-). Did that effect his career much or was it swept under the rug a bit?
    "Just another day in paradise"

Comment

• another sad day I won't say much except that I feel like getting sick...

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
        another sad day I won't say much except that I feel like getting sick...
        My thoughts and prayers go out to all friends, family and colleagues.

Comment

• Yeah, I just found out the bad news. Not good.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Disregard I've been updated. My prayers go out to the family.
              Last edited by TprSP; 01-20-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• RIP

http://capitalnews9.com/capital-regi...o-county-crash

OTSEGO COUNTY, N.Y. – A State Police Trooper was killed in a car crash in Otsego County. It happened just before 3 p.m. Wednesday in the Town of Morris.

State Police say Trooper Jill Mattice, 31, was killed when her police car hit a tractor trailer on Route 23. Mattice died at the scene. She was a six-year veteran with the State Police, working out of the Oneonta barracks.

Mattice was assigned as the School Resource Officer for the Unadilla Valley Central School and Franklin School Districts and was on her way home when the crash happened.

Police say the tractor trailer was driven by F.M. Saggese, 33,of West Oneonta.

State Route 23 has been shut down for several hours as police investigate the cause of the crash.

Police are expected to release more information on the accident at a news conference Thursday afternoon

Comment

• I too, offer my symapthies and condolences. So very sad.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• She worked out of my station, she just threatened to kick my *** yesterday....just in shock here..

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                      She worked out of my station, she just threatened to kick my *** yesterday....just in shock here..
                      Sorry bro! It makes it a lot harder when you know the person and they are more than just another Member.

Comment

• I offer my sympathies and condolences as well.
                        It is always sad to hear these news reports.

Comment

• My thoughts and prayers are with Trooper Mattice's family, friends, and members of the NYSP.

Comment

• Nope... I work 4 hours away from home and commute on my passdays.

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                            Do you guys have mileage clause in your contact where you get paid some small stipend if you have a longer than "normal" commute ?

NJSP used to pay .10cents per mile over 40 miles each way (82 miles back and forth = .20cents per day !). Worst I have heard of was one poor guy was 116 miles EACH way for an 8 hour gig on the GS Parkway. Couple of months of tuning in $400+ monthly mileage claims and he got trannied within the mileage limit.
                            Story; I put in a claim for 47 miles each way or $1.40 each trip, couple of months later a Lt at Troop HQ called me in and told me I was under "his personal" investigation for illegal mileage claim. He had driven to my house and clocked one way to the station which was 42 miles. He thought he had a biggie , $1.00 a day. Till I asked him what way he drove ? He took one way, as the crow flies (with local highways, traffic, multiple traffic lights), me I took the faster way (all Interstate). There was nothing in the regs that covered that problem.
                            Goes along with the Troop commander I stopped one night. Walked up to his unmarked, he slurs, why don't you have you hat on ? (It was too windy, they always blow off on the Turnpike.). "Captain, I stopped you for DWI and have called in your plate number as a DWI stop on the Troop radio."
                            I wonder why I missed out on some of those promotions/Defective assignments I put in for...

Comment

• My condolences and prayers to the friends, family and co-workers of Trooper Mattice. Hang in there cadet, time heals all wounds..

Comment

• This is cross posted from another thread but wanted to put it here as well since I've finally been able to piece a few words together.

I traded verbal jabs with Jill almost every morning...friendly, fun ones of course. She could always take a good joke and give it back just as bad. I can remember one time in particular that she overtanned in a tanning booth big time and myself and another trooper at the station were relentless.

Tomorrow is my first day back to work where Jill will not be there. I was lucky enough to not have to go to the scene but tomorrow will be the realization for me when she's not sitting there next to us before we all get ready to hit the road. Work is going to be very different for quite awhile.

Jill was a mentor to many, especially active in trying to help young girls make good decisions. She worked at the State Police Summer Program as well as an SRO. She was a leader and touched many lives.

RIP Jill....I've said it several times but I am heartbroken for your family and helpless in dealing with our peers. God took a good one and you will be sorely missed.
                                We're a strong group and we'll get through this, I believe I work at one of the best stations possible as far as camaraderie goes. We're very tight and that's what will guide us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8784 users online. 410 members and 8374 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X