Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats awesome Nick, Im heading back to San Diego in March. Test for the CHP and others, would much rather wear the gray suit in my home state. Maybe deferring wasnt the best choice, now it looks like another year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
      I plan on starting a career in warmer weather!! Moving down to Tampa, FL in August!
      What are the plans Nick? New school?

Comment

• Originally posted by grey25 View Post
        Thats awesome Nick, Im heading back to San Diego in March. Test for the CHP and others, would much rather wear the gray suit in my home state. Maybe deferring wasnt the best choice, now it looks like another year or two.
        Best of luck to you! If Florida and NY could just switch that would be fantastic!!

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
          What are the plans Nick? New school?
          Yes sir, unfortunately this weather and the unbelievable amount of taxes makes it impossible for someone coming out of college basically owing a house to live. Also the weather plus many other things make me miserable here. I will be attending University of South Florida in the fall and finally playing Division I baseball. I'm very excited, it's a new beginning and I will be able to apply and process with the FHP as well. I'll never forget NY and the Troopers here and will be posting in this thread for hopefully years to come. You have all been an enormous help to me and keeping me on the straight and narrow. I thank you for that, please stay safe out there.

Comment

• Good luck to you both, Nick and Grey.

As much as I wish we could hire you, I certainly don't blame you. When I was your age I moved out of NYS too.

Good luck.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              Good luck to you both, Nick and Grey.

As much as I wish we could hire you, I certainly don't blame you. When I was your age I moved out of NYS too.

Good luck.
              Thanks a lot SDT means a lot! I will scan in a postcard from time to time

Comment

• Good luck with the move and school Nick!

Hopefully you will like the weather a bit more in Florida. Keep us posted on anything with the FHP and of course with the baseball career.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                  Good luck with the move and school Nick!

Hopefully you will like the weather a bit more in Florida. Keep us posted on anything with the FHP and of course with the baseball career.
                  Thank you so much firm, I will definitely keep all of you posted. Thanks everyone for the support!

Comment

• Rumors

Here's the latest I've heard.

1.) State employees being furloughed 1 day a month this year to save the state money. Heard this from a backroom guy.

2.) With no classes in the near future and retirements continuing, redeployment of Troopers, based on seniority, in fat stations/zones/troops to stations/zones/troops that are short. "For the good of Division". Heard this from a Sgt... don't know if I believe it or not since I don't trust anyone above the rank of Trooper (something I learned in the Air Force).
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Trannies

Do you guys have mileage clause in your contact where you get paid some small stipend if you have a longer than "normal" commute ?

NJSP used to pay .10cents per mile over 40 miles each way (82 miles back and forth = .20cents per day !). Worst I have heard of was one poor guy was 116 miles EACH way for an 8 hour gig on the GS Parkway. Couple of months of tuning in $400+ monthly mileage claims and he got trannied within the mileage limit.
                      Story; I put in a claim for 47 miles each way or $1.40 each trip, couple of months later a Lt at Troop HQ called me in and told me I was under "his personal" investigation for illegal mileage claim. He had driven to my house and clocked one way to the station which was 42 miles. He thought he had a biggie , $1.00 a day. Till I asked him what way he drove ? He took one way, as the crow flies (with local highways, traffic, multiple traffic lights), me I took the faster way (all Interstate). There was nothing in the regs that covered that problem.
                      Goes along with the Troop commander I stopped one night. Walked up to his unmarked, he slurs, why don't you have you hat on ? (It was too windy, they always blow off on the Turnpike.). "Captain, I stopped you for DWI and have called in your plate number as a DWI stop on the Troop radio."
                      I wonder why I missed out on some of those promotions/Defective assignments I put in for...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                        Do you guys have mileage clause in your contact where you get paid some small stipend if you have a longer than "normal" commute ?
                        I wish...72 miles each way for me, however one of the guys from the 197th is doing about 105 e/w so you won't find me complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                          if you are involuntarily transferred, you get a piddling sum for anything over 30mi......but we are bound to the route "as the crow flies", as you put it.

Comment

• This doesn't look good for a future academy:

Here are selected highlights from Gov. David Paterson's budget plan for the coming fiscal year.

- No state police training class. With New York's crime rate down 28 percent in a decade, no recruits for the second straight year, with an estimated two-year loss of 269 positions through attrition by April 2011 from a high of some 4,900 officers.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/100119666

Comment

• Originally posted by TprSP View Post
                              I wish...72 miles each way for me, however one of the guys from the 197th is doing about 105 e/w so you won't find me complaining.
                              I go 102 miles each way everyday.

Comment

• Mpg

UGHHHHHHH,

That's a haul, would put me right into a hybrid or diesel fast. Good thing you aren't on an 8 hour shift, or are you ?

Question off the track, but wondering did the guy that started this thread ever make in on NYSP ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7772 users online. 396 members and 7376 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X