• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcioccke
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2008

DWI suspect kicks trooper in groin

Published: Monday, December 28, 2009

TOWN OF WASHINGTON — A state trooper was kicked in the groin by an agitated female during her arrest for aggravated DWI on Saturday evening, according to police.

Police said a Trooper responded to Mabbettsville Road in the Dutchess County town for a report of a personal injury auto accident, during which the operator rolled over her 2000 Subaru numerous times. The passenger was transported to Sharon Hospital with a head injury.

When he found the operator of the vehicle, Morgan P. Stewart, 32, of Pine Plains to be highly intoxicated, Reilly arrested her. Police said she kicked the trooper in the groin and resisted arrest as she was placed into custody. She was transported to state police barracks in Poughkeepsie where she was tested and found to have a BAC of .22 percent, nearly three times the legal limit, police said.

Stewart was charged with felony aggravated drunken driving, misdemeanor resisting arrest and the traffic violation of driving too fast for conditions. She was issued a ticket to appear in Town of Washington court.

The Kingston Daily Freeman, local news, sports and weather serving the Hudson Valley
    Serving the Hudson Valley since 1871
    That is too funny (not that you got kicked) when I read that I was wondering if it was one of you guys. How's the boy's doing?
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• mad22
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2009

Over Halfway!

Hey All,

Just wanted to give a quick shout, say hi, and let everyone know I'm over halfway through my Iraq vacation. I hope I don't miss the next class!, I'm so close, but I guess if they isn't going to be one for a while, I'll just volunteer for a vacation to the 'Stan, not like I haven't been there before though, haha.

Ok, thanks again to everyone that keeps my family safe while I'm away, stay safe, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

• gsp
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2007

I find that woman tend to be the worst drunks, down right nasty.

Comment

• VeeDubs86
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2008

Depends upon the woman. The female species just generally does not cope with being ticketed as well as men.
          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• SlowDownThere
            Cherub of Justice
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by VeeDubs86
            Depends upon the woman. The female species just generally does not cope with being ticketed as well as men.
            Female species.... Lol.

I'm guessing you are single.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• VeeDubs86
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
              Female species.... Lol.

I'm guessing you are single.
              That is correct. Haven't found the one with the right pocketbook yet.

Reils, your incident happened in my old stomping grounds. I actually received my first traffic ticket (of 2 total) on that exact road 8 years ago; by a cool Trooper who helped me out in court. The respect and professionalism he showed me inspired me to follow the path to becoming a Trooper.
              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Ranter64
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2005

Well at least the international supermodel I wrote today was very cooperative and respectful. (not Joking.)
                When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Nick331
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Ranter64
                  Well at least the international supermodel I wrote today was very cooperative and respectful. (not Joking.)
                  You wrote a babe!!!!???

First day of practice yesterday, yeah....no bueno. I was run to death and my shoulder feels like it is going to fall off. SWEET!
                  Last edited by Nick331; 01-06-2010, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• SlowDownThere
                    Cherub of Justice
                    • Sep 2005

The hiring freeze has certainly slowed this thread down.

Comment

• MJC999
                      • Feb 2009

The hiring freeze has certainly slowed this thread down.
                      yeah, I think us in waiting have finally come to grips that there really may not be any movement any time soon. However, I do like how the PBA is calling out the Governor:

I still find it totally unrealistic that they will not put a class in this year. But hey, if there is no money, then there is no money.

Comment

• BigWill2876
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2008

You old geezers that could retire need to realize that you are working full time for usually less than 50% of your current salary.
                        Math generalized ;
                        Current pay= 100K.
                        Current retirement= 50 %
                        If retired you get = 50K
                        You are working full time for that other 50K, for less than starting pay for new Trooper.

Open up some spots all the way up the promotional ladder !

Comment

• GrayState
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2006

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• BigWill2876
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2008

Had a SGT in NJSP back in the day get his paycheck, figured out what he was getting paid for steady midnights per hour and was GAWN the next day !

More guys that retire, more mandatory OT !

Worried about retirement ?

Tupper Lake up in the woods. Decent homes under 100k, on water 300k

Golf; Tupper Lake Country Club, 18 hole course, $500 a year membership.
                            Ski; Big Tupper, just re-opened with volunteers, $ 15 lift ticket.
                            Fish; Tupper Lake a big lake, big ice fishing tourny, and summer fish as well.
                            Skido's; Trails everywhere in Adirondacks.

SP barracks across from ice cream store...
                            Too small; Saranac Lake 1/2 hr away, Lake Placid another 15 minutes.

Comment

• SlowDownThere
                              Cherub of Justice
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BigWill2876
                              Worried about retirement ?

Tupper Lake up in the woods. Decent homes under 100k, on water 300k

Where ever I retire to will be much warmer than Tupper Lake, NY.

Comment

• Nick331
                                Forum Member
                                • Feb 2008

Where ever I retire to will be much warmer than Tupper Lake, NY.
                                I plan on starting a career in warmer weather!! Moving down to Tampa, FL in August!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12243 users online. 75 members and 12168 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...