300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
    The proposed 2010 Caprice Interceptor is AWESOME. The 6.0L V8 is great, but they should really put a Duramax in it!
    Have you actually driven one for 12 hours in full pack? As I have said in the past, the senior guys sing the praises of the 9C1 Caprice with an LT1 from the performance aspect. I'm not a believer in the new one. The Challenger is a major disappointment all the way around. The Charger is a joke as a performance platform and negligible at best as a police vehicle. The new Caprice is based on the US version of he Holden Statesman which looks slightly larger than the G8. I just don't see it being that great of an "office". I guess I'm just not a fan of GMC all the way around. Why can't we all have issued Mustangs for patrol? The base V6 is now going to be a turbo 305 horse afterall
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I'm sending this request on behalf of the family of the late Capt
      Eric A. Jones.

Just as an introduction to who Capt Jones was, read below:

"The Department of Defense announced the death of four Marines who were
      supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

The following Marines died Oct. 26 while supporting combat operations in
      Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Cpl. Gregory M.W. Fleury, 23, of Anchorage, Alaska.
      Capt. Eric A. Jones, 29, of Westchester, N.Y.
      Capt. David S. Mitchell, 30, of Loveland, Ohio.
      Capt. Kyle R. Van De Giesen, 29, of North Attleboro, Mass.

Fleury, Jones and Van De Giesen were assigned to Marine Light Attack
      Helicopter Squadron 169, Marine Aircraft Group 39, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing,
      I Marine Expeditionary Force, based out of Camp Pendleton, Calif. Mitchell
      was assigned to Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 367, Marine Aircraft
      Group 39, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, I Marine Expeditionary Force, based out
      of Camp Pendleton, Calif."

I am the CACO for Capt Jones. All services took place in MA but the family
      has decided to hold a Candlelight Vigil / Toys For Tots Drive in his
      original hometown area / Bedford, NY.

Below is the information for the event:

-Saturday, 12 Dec
      -1800-2100
      -Fox Lane High School
      632 Bedford Rd
      Bedford, NY

Comment

• Any word on an upcoming academy? I spoke with my recruiter and she was very typed lipped about the possibility of any academy any time soon.

Comment

• If any of you live in that area of bedford it would be great if you could attend and support this, I as well as a few other officers from the city will be attending hopefully as long as I can get the day. Hope to see some of you there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPUSMC View Post
            Any word on an upcoming academy? I spoke with my recruiter and she was very typed lipped about the possibility of any academy any time soon.
            Word is no class until 2011 at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by TprSP View Post

OVERTIME. Show me the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                Have you actually driven one for 12 hours in full pack?
                "In October and November, General Motors and Ford, respectively, announced their own plans for all-new police cars that will be “purpose-built” -- that is, specifically designed and built as police cruisers."

"One notable feature in the future Caprice PPV will be front seats that are “sculpted” to conform to the shape of the various items that police officers carry in their equipment belts. “So, it’s a more comfortable seat for officers, many of whom spend long hours behind the wheel,” said Goebel."

http://autos.aol.com/article/future-cop-cars

Comment

• Originally posted by Worthless1 View Post
                  OVERTIME. Show me the money.
                  6 hours tonight for me.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by TprSP View Post
                    I'm just wondering where information like this originates? 2011 seems like a long time off - but in this economic climate it's surely possible the wait could be that long.
                    I ran into investigator, and he said he can't foresee the state NOT putting at least one academy class through in 2010. Oh well. good luck to those waiting still. and to myself, of course Happy holidays to all

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting4Call View Post
                      I'm just wondering where information like this originates? 2011 seems like a long time off - but in this economic climate it's surely possible the wait could be that long.
                      I ran into investigator, and he said he can't foresee the state NOT putting at least one academy class through in 2010. Oh well. good luck to those waiting still. and to myself, of course Happy holidays to all

Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                      The First Deputy himself stated last week there would be no class in 2010...
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Is this on the record somewhere? Like in a newspaper or press release or something??? I'm guessing it is, most likely.

Comment

• Official Word of Academy

Not to discount the word of sworn members on this message board and what they have heard about the status of the next academy class, my question is simple.

If there is truly no class planned in 2010 then why not publish it on the website for all candidates in processing to see?

Again, I speak for all those waiting on their turn we really appreciate you current Troopers sharing the gouge with us. Thanks
                          Nick
                          sigpic
                          SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                            6 hours tonight for me.
                            so how was that 6 hours overtime?

that would be 18 hours that night?

Comment

• Originally posted by sc87 View Post
                              so how was that 6 hours overtime?

that would be 18 hours that night?
                              I would doubt that. I am guessing that he picked up another shift that took him over his regular 40 this week.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6910 users online. 361 members and 6549 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X