Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• does anyone know the comparison between the NYSP and the NJSP in salary?

Comment

• Originally posted by sc87 View Post
        does anyone know the comparison between the NYSP and the NJSP in salary?
        I was going to say Google search both NY and NJ troopers... but I was feeling nice

http://www.njsp.org/recruit/salary.html
        http://www.nytrooper.com/salary_benefits.cfm

you can take it from there I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
          I have not heard anything about that, but I don't think freezing retirement would have the desired effect. First, the troopers forced to stay on would likely be the top paid troopers... and how motivated do you think someone is going to be that is told they can't retire? I guess if NJSP is doing it though, anything is possible.
          Thanks Gray for the feedback, I agree with you, it doesn't make much sense and was curious if NYSP was considering doing something similiar.
          Hopefully it doesn't occur within the NYSP. Stay safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
            I was going to say Google search both NY and NJ troopers... but I was feeling nice

http://www.njsp.org/recruit/salary.html
            http://www.nytrooper.com/salary_benefits.cfm

you can take it from there I hope.
            why thank you sir im aware of the salary for ny but i wanted to see if nj was in and around the same rate...but i will check it out..thanks

Comment

• Ny/nj

First, I just saw a friend today that was Lt, NJSP. He stated he had just retired and was getting his PI License.

Second, NYSP has a better pay sched and note that NJ does not have location salary boosts like NY.

Third, NJ pays into their pension plan a certain mandatory percentage, used to be 7 % back in the day, not sure if or what NY does.

Fourth, NJ has a mandatory retirement age of 55 except for the Superintendant who is appointed by the Gov. Several law suits to overturn that rule have failed to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                To the current NYS Troopers..
                Has anyone heard of NYSP "freezing" retirement for eligible NY Troopers?

I have a good source in NJ and was recently told that the NJSP has just done this (basically telling them they were not allowed to retire for a certain period of time) and was curious to see if NYSP was following this.

Thanks
                The hiring freeze has the intent, and effect, of reducing the size of state agencies. I think the state would welcome additional retirements.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Njsp

The NJSP Lt that I talked to yesterday would not have retired if he could have stayed. He has 3 kids in college and another ready to go soon, but that is the problem of getting married late in life and not having athletes on schollie.
                  (All of my Sons, won athletic schollies for college ((except the USNA, but he wouldn't have been admitted without football.))).

He was shocked at the price of gas ! Using the unmarked every day was a big benny !

Story; Friend walks into the barracks sees a kid arrested for possession over 25 grams of MJ. Knows the kid is the Son of an NJSP officer. Talkes to the arresting Trooper, figures out that the arrest is questionable on the mv stop. Talks the Trooper into letting the kid go and destroys the MJ. Turns out the kid was a big player in MJ, had been followed by undercover Troopers, Father had been forced retirement because of age, was suing NJSP to get back in....long story. Basically my friend took a long "vacation" for the court martial and it took him another 10 years to make Sgt. Today of course everyone goes to jail on that one. The kid/son got arrested again 6 months later, a leopard doesn't change his spots.

Comment

• I heard there was a meeting in Albany last week regarding the status of the next class. Apparently they are considering putting another class through due to retirements since it is costing them overtime because of shift shortages (they must have a certain minimum number of troopers on duty at each station).. no guarantees here at all and definitely all hear say (I do not work for the NYSP), but just letting you guys keep some hope alive that are waiting... plus this thread has died out lately...

Comment

• New News????

Originally posted by Justanotherdep View Post
                      I heard there was a meeting in Albany last week regarding the status of the next class. Apparently they are considering putting another class through due to retirements since it is costing them overtime because of shift shortages (they must have a certain minimum number of troopers on duty at each station).. no guarantees here at all and definitely all hear say (I do not work for the NYSP), but just letting you guys keep some hope alive that are waiting... plus this thread has died out lately...
                      It would be real sweet if they did in fact start another academy class in the near future. I know that eventually they will have to due to attrition, but the wait is the worse part. Anybody else have any new rumors??
                      sigpic
                      SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                        Anybody else have any new rumors??
                        i heard that soon they're gonna let us start patrolling on horseback again, as long as you have your own horse

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                          Anybody else have any new rumors??
                          The latest rumors aren't any better than what you've already heard.
                          Not good, and getting worse.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                            i heard that soon they're gonna let us start patrolling on horseback again, as long as you have your own horse
                            I wish, that would be awesome.

Comment

• Hope everyone here had a great Thanksgiving!

Comment

• Originally posted by Worthless1 View Post
                                I wish, that would be awesome.
                                tway would have a helluva time

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7743 users online. 371 members and 7372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X