300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
    I do remember someone on here apologizing to someone for them having to stand down wind every morning.
    That right there is good ole fashion humor. Haha.
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      I eat PBJ almost every day for breakfast. Whole wheat toast, nice big glass of milk. MMMMMMmmmmm. De lish!
      All this talk about Academy food makes me want to open a big can of corned beef hash and maybe overcook some sausage links. I think I will skip the imitation veal patties and fried clams and go for the sandwich at lunch though.
      I went in the Academy 6'-02'', 205, At the initial processing I got my body fat checked; they said lay off the fritos, and beer; patted me on the back and said, "you run good for a big man." I came out at 190. Run times started at 11 minute 1.5 mile run and I graduated with very low 9 minute run times. It all comes down to how bad you want it.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
        Between PB&J and hardboiled eggs, the flatulence in the academy quads must be epic.
        you are RIGHT ON

Comment

• I'm Daryl, this is my Brother, Daryl

Daryl was a 'food processing expert' at NJSP Academy, which doubles as a NJ Army National Guard base.
          His breakfast job; place two pieces of french toast/pancakes onto tongs, the tongs he held with his plastic gloved right hand in place.

Only problem was that he used his ungloved left hand to reach into the tray and place the two pieces onto the tongs.

Hot dogs in dirty water was another treat, since the water wasn't hot he was able to reach into the bucket and grab two dogs, again with the naked left hand, to also place on the tongs. Naturally he would had the tongs on the gloved right hand again.

He hadn't quite got that use of tongs down, and there was no talking in line. But he would always give you a big smile as he placed those two items on your metal tray.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
            But he would always give you a big smile as he placed those two items on your metal tray.
            A big smile....like he knows something you don't know?
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Sounds like a High School cafeteria, but worse.

Series tied 1-1, I have an unsettled feeling about this right now...

Comment

• Go Yankees!!!

Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                Sounds like a High School cafeteria, but worse.

Just remember to wear your rally cap.
                sigpic
                SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• One more win away...

Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                  Sounds like a High School cafeteria, but worse.

Nick, you have to be feeling much better now... one more win away from 27 World Championships!

On another note, looks like that letter we received back in Spring about an upcoming Fall class is out of the question at this point. I know most people said looks like they are shooting for Spring/April. I was just holding onto a little bit of hope that the next Academy class would get started earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                    Between PB&J and hardboiled eggs, the flatulence in the academy quads must be epic.
                    Heaven forbid that you should happen to let one go in your room while an ATO was walking past. The entire quad got reamed for 1 guy letting out a squeaker.
                    When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Hahaha. Hear that guys? Add Beano or Gas-X to the list of things you bring to the academy.
                      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                        Nick, you have to be feeling much better now... one more win away from 27 World Championships!

On another note, looks like that letter we received back in Spring about an upcoming Fall class is out of the question at this point. I know most people said looks like they are shooting for Spring/April. I was just holding onto a little bit of hope that the next Academy class would get started earlier.
                        Feeling better now, but baseball is baseball. You never know until that 27th out is made!

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• I ripped a great one and actually had and ATO say good push and call me a sick pig while laughing....of course that was in week 24, I wouldn't try it in week 1....

Comment

• Sleep deprivation is kicking in right about now. 3 days 4 hours sleep, I can only imagine what the academy is going to be like. Stupid midterms will be the death of me!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                                Hey you're alive!!
                                I forgot my password for the longest time, been mostly lurking. How is it out west?
                                When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9487 users online. 274 members and 9213 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X