Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trooper4985
    Enlarged Member
    • Jul 2003

How else is this administration going to try to ruin this country?

I'd rather deal with a pothead than someone who has a bottle of Jack in them but the number of poor decisions this admistration is making is rediculous.

sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• UpNorth3816
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2009

I guess I deleted the email message from the PBA. What were the new instructions for logging onto the new website?

Comment

• Nick331
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2008

Off topic but,

THE NEW YORK YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SlowDownThere
          Cherub of Justice
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Nick331
          Off topic but,

Not happy about last nights game.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• thefirm5
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Nick331
            Off topic but,

Who cares!!!!!!
            HAHA!

Comment

• VeeDubs86
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
              This.
              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• thefirm5
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2008

New Plates

What are your thoughts on this? Not the petition but the decision for new plates.

I guess I am looking for how the guys on the job feel about this... Good Idea? Doesn't need to be done? Don't really care?

Comment

• reils49
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by thefirm5
                  What are your thoughts on this? Not the petition but the decision for new plates.

I guess I am looking for how the guys on the job feel about this... Good Idea? Doesn't need to be done? Don't really care?
                  I'd rather spend my money at Gander Mountain than the DMV
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• thefirm5
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by reils49
                    I'd rather spend my money at Gander Mountain than the DMV
                    I agree.

Comment

• MJC999
                      • Feb 2009

I've got a question about the height/weight standards for processing. On the NY Trooper website they list a chart detailing what is the acceptable weight range for a person at a given height. I'm not sure I understand how to read it. Take for example a male who is 6'. What does it mean when the chart says small, medium, and large frame and then lists different weights for those frames? Does it mean that a person who is 6' and weighs 175 lbs is a large frame? Basically what determines the frame and is it even relevant; the person doing the measurements, or the actual measurements themselves? For me, the way I read the chart is that a person 6' tall, who weighs no more than 184 lbs, is within the weight range and therefore passes that portion of the exam. Is that correct?

Here is the source I was looking at: http://www.nytrooper.com/height_weight.cfm

Comment

• thefirm5
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MJC999
                        I've got a question about the height/weight standards for processing. On the NY Trooper website they list a chart detailing what is the acceptable weight range for a person at a given height. I'm not sure I understand how to read it. Take for example a male who is 6'. What does it mean when the chart says small, medium, and large frame and then lists different weights for those frames? Does it mean that a person who is 6' and weighs 175 lbs is a large frame? Basically what determines the frame and is it even relevant; the person doing the measurements, or the actual measurements themselves? For me, the way I read the chart is that a person 6' tall, who weighs no more than 184 lbs, is within the weight range and therefore passes that portion of the exam. Is that correct?

Here is the source I was looking at: http://www.nytrooper.com/height_weight.cfm
                        I am guessing that is correct. If you do a search on the internet you can find ways to get your frame size, you have to measure different things like your wrist and what not. I know when I was at processing way back in September of last year, I am right around 6' and I weighed in at 183-184 and I didn't have to get my body fat measured and I wouldn't say I am a large frame.

If you look up height to weight charts elsewhere it would say I am overweight... I would have a very hard time saying I am overweight since my body fat is around 10-12%, which is considered in the low to middle of the healthy range.

Comment

• Nick331
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                          Be happy now!

Comment

• BigWill2876
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2008

Height/weight ratios

Some time ago there was a discussion on that H/W table. Don't know how many thousands of posts it would be.

It appears that, from what I remember from that thread ( being 6-4/290 and in shape I was interested) , that those numbers are more guidelines rather than finite numbers.

If you score well in the PT entrance, and you score well in the Academy physical testing you are in shape, if you do poorly you are fat and overweight.

Story; My Dad, an ex NJSP, advises me that NJ had similar tables, back in his day, but that he graduated at 6-5/255.

His buddy took the Syracuse PD test, got a 100 in the test, and failed the test because he was 6-2/245 at the time, having been just cut by the NY Giants, MLB, and 40 pounds over their table. NJSP was no problem for him either.

So a good answer may be, "it depends".

Current NYSP are always welcome to give us their expert advice/opinions.

Comment

• pbiddy35
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2007

At last round of testing we were weighed and measured after PAT. Anyone out of guidelines was measured for BF% by a BIA scale. I didn't hear of anyone being told to go home or even told to shape up.

Comment

• Nick331
                                Forum Member
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BigWill2876
                                Some time ago there was a discussion on that H/W table. Don't know how many thousands of posts it would be.

It appears that, from what I remember from that thread ( being 6-4/290 and in shape I was interested) , that those numbers are more guidelines rather than finite numbers.

If you score well in the PT entrance, and you score well in the Academy physical testing you are in shape, if you do poorly you are fat and overweight.

Story; My Dad, an ex NJSP, advises me that NJ had similar tables, back in his day, but that he graduated at 6-5/255.

His buddy took the Syracuse PD test, got a 100 in the test, and failed the test because he was 6-2/245 at the time, having been just cut by the NY Giants, MLB, and 40 pounds over their table. NJSP was no problem for him either.

So a good answer may be, "it depends".

Current NYSP are always welcome to give us their expert advice/opinions.
                                I'm working out with a major league club as well as my college team. I'm pretty big now, doesn't muscle outweigh fat!? Ridiculous.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11871 users online. 66 members and 11805 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...