Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      Im trying to talk to wife into letting me get a quad.
      Old Irish proverb. It's easier to beg forgiveness then ask permission.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO1259 View Post
        Old Irish proverb. It's easier to beg forgiveness then ask permission.
        In that case I'm going to buy an antique pulling tractor as well.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
          No one here is going to be able to make a prediction with any sort of accuracy and I don't think any of us have any sort of insider knowledge that would help with that prediction. I'm guessing that the list will go to 8,000 eventually... If I were you, I would count on it being 3 years from now before they reach it and even longer before you would actually be hired. If it happens sooner, great.
          The only problem with it being three years from now is that it is that the list itself is going to be two years old come Feb., and usually there is a new test every four years. The economy really screwed things up this time around, but like GrayState said noone can make any sort of predictions. Alls I know is that its been almost two years and they have only reached up to 2300, so my guess would be they wont get to 8000.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• The "List"

Just a quick question.

Can the powers that be extend the life of the current list beyond 4 years ?
              So if scores that I call "law school scores" ( attend/graduate from Law School prior to your number being called) stay eligible. ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                Just a quick question.

Can the powers that be extend the life of the current list beyond 4 years ?
                So if scores that I call "law school scores" ( attend/graduate from Law School prior to your number being called) stay eligible. ?
                Yes. There is no rule that says we have to give a test every 4 years. We can give a test every 2 years, every 6 years, or whenever one is needed.

In a typical hiring environement, we would reach non-passing score within 3 or 4 years, and would therefore be inclined to give a new test. If we still have plenty of passing score after 4 years, they may decide to keep hiring from the exisiting list.

On the other hand, once a list gets a couple of years old, we get lots of declinations. People find other jobs, move on with their lives, and tell us "no thanks." Generally speaking, the list moves faster the older it gets. This applies, of course, only if we are hiring at all.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• List

Thanks.

Eventually "they" will reach a number that has to be replentished.

Comment

• It isn't cool that the stupid economy is messing things up for everyone. But, it does make it a fantastic time to join the military (or Peace Corps), considering they are always accepting applications. I'm not a recruiter or affiliated in any way, just giving people some ideas. LE organizations love life experience and an easy way to get some is serving your country. Can anyone clarify on community service in regards to character and fitness? Does the NYSP view community service favorably for hiring decisions or it doesn't really matter?
                    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Question for current Troopers

How long do you have to be on the road before applying to one of the specialized services such as K-9 or SORT? I know Im jumping ahead of myself, seeing that I still need to go through the academy, but those of you who know my current situation understand that. Thanks,

Comment

• Originally posted by mad22 View Post
                        How long do you have to be on the road before applying to one of the specialized services such as K-9 or SORT? I know Im jumping ahead of myself, seeing that I still need to go through the academy, but those of you who know my current situation understand that. Thanks,

Generally 4 years for things like this. What's your sitution? Can you say publicly.
                        Last edited by SlowDownThere; 10-21-2009, 04:58 PM.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

a guy from my class is gonna be in the SoRT school....we got just over 2

Comment

• No secret SDT, I'm in iraq now, will be for the next few months, but just before I mobed I went through the whole processing, and I passed everything. Shortly after that last class in dec. started I recieved a letter saying the whole rank thing but to stay in shape. My number is mid 600s, and I put in a deferment before I left so if anything were to happen and I get notified for a class, the State knows I'm not blowing them off. So basically, as long as don't screw up I'm in a good position for going through the next academy after I get home (juneish). Sorry for the rambling, Thanks again-

Comment

No secret SDT, I'm in iraq now, will be for the next few months, but just before I mobed I went through the whole processing, and I passed everything. Shortly after that last class in dec. started I recieved a letter saying the whole rank thing but to stay in shape. My number is mid 600s, and I put in a deferment before I left so if anything were to happen and I get notified for a class, the State knows I'm not blowing them off. So basically, as long as don't screw up I'm in a good position for going through the next academy after I get home (juneish). Sorry for the rambling, Thanks again-
                              Thank you for your service, stay safe and get home safe!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                                On the other hand, once a list gets a couple of years old, we get lots of declinations. People find other jobs, move on with their lives, and tell us "no thanks." Generally speaking, the list moves faster the older it gets. This applies, of course, only if we are hiring at all.
                                I would not be one of those to decline. I have a good job right now, but without a doubt I would drop everything to be a Trooper.
                                sigpic
                                SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12982 users online. 479 members and 12503 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X