Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP
    Jarhead, on the website it stated April 2007 now it states May will begin applications. The application date will now begin May 1, 2007 and run through November 1, 2007. The tenative testing date is scheduled for Feb 2008 barring any problems with the budget.

    KP

    KP you by chance have the link showing that info?

    Thanx
    Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 12:54 PM.
    sigpic
    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

    Comment


    • http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Empl...er_Employment/

      I think he's refering to the same website I have linked above. It doesn't specifically state that they will begin taking applications on May 1. It says that it is anticipated that applications while be accepted beginning in May, 2007.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

      Comment


      • Has anyone heard any new information about for the next class that's supposed to start in June (July, August or September)?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SlowDownThere
          http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Empl...er_Employment/

          I think he's refering to the same website I have linked above. It doesn't specifically state that they will begin taking applications on May 1. It says that it is anticipated that applications while be accepted beginning in May, 2007.
          Okay thanx. I didn't think there was any specific info yet.
          sigpic
          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SlowDownThere
            http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Empl...er_Employment/

            I think he's refering to the same website I have linked above. It doesn't specifically state that they will begin taking applications on May 1. It says that it is anticipated that applications while be accepted beginning in May, 2007.
            Okay thanx. I didn't think there was any solid info yet.
            sigpic
            IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by phoenix23
              Has anyone heard any new information about for the next class that's supposed to start in June (July, August or September)?
              I was told by recruiters the next class is scheduled to go in July and all new processors are starting this may. I can confirm the may processing as I received a letter, but as far as that july class???
              sigpic
              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                I was told by recruiters the next class is scheduled to go in July and all new processors are starting this may. I can confirm the may processing as I received a letter, but as far as that july class???
                What letter did you receive? Is it for the processing weekend? (physical agility..psych..etc?)

                Comment


                • ATrooper2b,
                  You received a letter to attend the medical or a letter inviting you attend the PAT testing?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                    KP you by chance have the link showing that info?

                    Thanx,
                    Bob
                    Originally posted by SlowDownThere

                    I think he's refering to the same website I have linked above. It doesn't specifically state that they will begin taking applications on May 1. It says that it is anticipated that applications while be accepted beginning in May, 2007.
                    Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                    Okay thanx. I didn't think there was any solid info yet.

                    Bob & Slowdownthere,

                    I have been with the NYSP as an Explorer for 4 years. I found out firsthand through the man who manages the testing cycle. He said they are in the process of finding someone to supply the exam out in Ohio. This is why the date has been pushed back for the applications, also the fact that our Superintendent just retired has something to do it with as well. The date is however tenatively scheduled for Feb 2008. Applications will be available May 1, 2007 through Nov 1, 2007.

                    KP
                    Last edited by FUTURETPR; 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mleggio
                      What letter did you receive? Is it for the processing weekend? (physical agility..psych..etc?)
                      Guys, my letter was for the PAT. I was originally called last April but had to defer due to finishing my college degree. So i'm starting the processing from the beginning for the Spring '08 class. The recruiters I had spoke with all told me their was a July class scheduled for people who have completed their processing. So if your done with your processing you will probabaly receive a letter around late April - early May as they usually give 2 months notice for the people invited to attend the academy. I was also told by recruiters that the last processing had more people than the class that was put in so alot of candidates who completed their processing are standing by since that last class. They also said that due to the large number of troops who returned from Iraq that were deferred for military leave will be jumping ahead of people with higher numbers that processed ahead of them. Plus you also have a good number of people who will bump others for deferring due to education etc. being these are the last two classes for this list. My guess is that if you already processed and don't make the July class you will definitely be in the Spring '08 class. Hope this info helped
                      sigpic
                      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

                      Comment


                      • Thanks for the update. It sounds like your recruiter told you that they're appointing positions for the July class based on your test number (provided you've finished your testing). My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the people who originally did their medicals for the January class will have to do their medicals again (provided their test number is actually reached) for the July class.

                        Comment


                        • medical

                          Everyone going into the next class will have to do the medical, regardless if you went for a prior class. Good luck guys.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                            So if your done with your processing you will probabaly receive a letter around late April - early May as they usually give 2 months notice for the people invited to attend the academy.

                            Good Luck with that! I received my letter less than 2 weeks before the academy started. I was living out of state but that wasn't a factor, some people from the class received their letters with less time than that and they lived in NY. Let's talk about stress there.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WishIKnew
                              Everyone going into the next class will have to do the medical, regardless if you went for a prior class. Good luck guys.
                              I wasn't sure if we would have to do the medical again, so thanks for clarifying that. I also called Albany today to see if they had any info for the summer class and they said they knew nothing to date. They said to call back in a few months which seems odd b/c The class is scheduled to start in a few months. Oh well, only time will tell. Good Luck!!! Hopefully some good news will come soon.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP
                                I have been with the NYSP as an Explorer for 4 years.
                                KP
                                KP: I wasn't aware the NYSP had an Explorer's Post. Is this at Division HQ?
                                What do you do there?

                                SDT
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9502 users online. 477 members and 9025 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X