300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    How about an '09 F8 Sno Pro with 134 miles on it for $5500? Of course I said yes... now I just need a trailer and clothes to keep warm.
    It's too bad you spent all that money on a Cat. You could have spent it all on a nice sled, like a Polaris.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
      It's too bad you spent all that money on a Cat. You could have spent it all on a nice sled, like a Polaris.
      I want an MXZ X-RS but I couldn't pass up the great deal this sled is. It's not the sled I want but it's better than no sled at all.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        I want an MXZ X-RS but I couldn't pass up the great deal this sled is. It's not the sled I want but it's better than no sled at all.
        Which is the position I'm in so I guess I can't go brand knockin'. That new RS is a sweet looking sled.

Comment

• That's a great deal man...this is my first sled so I didn't go all out. I found an 07 crossfire 800 with 51 miles for 5k and didn't even want to spend that. I can't wait to ride

Comment

• I've followed this forum for a few months now. It's been helpful at times. I've completed PT, psych, poly and background, and am still waiting for the word. I'm curious though that if i do get into an academy what the regulations are as far as outside contact. i have a family and i'm wondering how often if ever i'll be allowd to call them. even if its for 5 minutes a day. good luck to all those still hoping for the call and/or letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting4Call View Post
              I've followed this forum for a few months now. It's been helpful at times. I've completed PT, psych, poly and background, and am still waiting for the word. I'm curious though that if i do get into an academy what the regulations are as far as outside contact. i have a family and i'm wondering how often if ever i'll be allowd to call them. even if its for 5 minutes a day. good luck to all those still hoping for the call and/or letter.
              Usually you get to call home on Tuesday and Thursday nights. You can bring a cell phone but you have to leave it in your car. The time of the calls change depending on what is going on and how the week is going. Bad week = less time or no time.

Comment

• Is anyone buying me a sled???

I miss mine, but I have a neighbor up north that has 4 sleds, so I get my pick when I want to go, polaris, bomb or cat he's got em all... All I do now is pay for gas:P

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting4Call View Post
                  I've followed this forum for a few months now. It's been helpful at times. I've completed PT, psych, poly and background, and am still waiting for the word. I'm curious though that if i do get into an academy what the regulations are as far as outside contact. i have a family and i'm wondering how often if ever i'll be allowd to call them. even if its for 5 minutes a day. good luck to all those still hoping for the call and/or letter.
                  You will get phone privileges early on and they are consistent but limited and sometimes they get nixed depending on the tone of the day/week. In the beginning don't expect much. Regardless, just be happy that you won't have to stand in line on your tier waiting for the payphone to make a 1.5 minute call home like the old days! I thanked my unlucky stars for that one every time I was out in my car for a few minutes of peace. Serenity NOW!!!

Comment

• Maybe it's just me, but isn't there some type of law saying that the NYSP can't use unmarked cars???

"This will be a zero-tolerance enforcement period; if you use a hand-held cell phone while operating a vehicle on the New York State Thruway you should fully expect to receive a ticket from a New York State Trooper," added Major Meyers. "Additionally, motorists on the Thruway can expect Troopers to utilize roving unmarked cars to spot people who are operating their vehicles while using a hand-held cell phone"

http://readme.readmedia.com/news/sho...ober-12/963334

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                      That's a great deal man...this is my first sled so I didn't go all out. I found an 07 crossfire 800 with 51 miles for 5k and didn't even want to spend that. I can't wait to ride
                      Another great deal. I'd love to buy another but I'm trying to save my pennies to put a nice fat down payment on a new truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by pilot56 View Post
                        Maybe it's just me, but isn't there some type of law saying that the NYSP can't use unmarked cars???

"This will be a zero-tolerance enforcement period; if you use a hand-held cell phone while operating a vehicle on the New York State Thruway you should fully expect to receive a ticket from a New York State Trooper," added Major Meyers. "Additionally, motorists on the Thruway can expect Troopers to utilize roving unmarked cars to spot people who are operating their vehicles while using a hand-held cell phone"

http://readme.readmedia.com/news/sho...ober-12/963334
                        From what I know, a roving unmarked car is basically a spotter, whereas a marked car will make the traffic stop.
                        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                            Any one have luck logging into the new PBA site? I did what they said in the email for username and password but it hasn't worked for me yet.

Any sergeants on here? Thoughts on the "alternative work schedule?"

Personally, I'm against it, and voted NO.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by arls116 View Post
                              Is anyone buying me a sled???

I miss mine, but I have a neighbor up north that has 4 sleds, so I get my pick when I want to go, polaris, bomb or cat he's got em all... All I do now is pay for gas:P
                              Im trying to talk to wife into letting me get a quad.
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Hello All,

Im not new to the forums, but new to the thread. Could anyone in the know predict if the current list will make it to about 8000? I scored in the mid 80's on the exam and my number is somewhere in the 7500's. Normally I would have no doubt on being called eventually. I think the last they called up until about 11000, however times are tough and they don't seem to be holding nearly as many classes. Im sure I still have a long long wait if they do get to 7500's, but im not too sure they will get there this time

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11484 users online. 410 members and 11074 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X