Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The ny post said the academy was canceled anyone else see that

    Comment


    • Gray Patriot, didn't I see your name on a promotional list?

      They normally reach well beyond where you are. Have you decided to take it no matter where it is? Or is this a wait and see thing?
      You can now follow me on twitter.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
        Nickelbloom - quick question for you .. where do you get your info from and why are you so sure that what you think you know is right ?

        I got a letter 2 weeks before my academy started... so dont get people thinking that they will have a letter of acceptance 1.5 mos before it starts... sometimes things move quick and you dont have much time at all.. My whole processing only lasted 3 weeks... from agility test, backround investigation, psych and polygraph and final medical to the night i took my 1st step into the academy as a recruit... I actually recieved a phone call asking if i would accept a position into the academy and then a letter followed a few days later.

        I know what im talking about b/c i lived it .. I hope this helps anyone out there trying to get in.. just stay in shape and be prepared for things to happen at anytime..
        Were you a military supplemental exam?
        I was just wondering why your agility and psych were so late, did you not go to the processing weekend in September?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          Gray Patriot, didn't I see your name on a promotional list?

          They normally reach well beyond where you are. Have you decided to take it no matter where it is? Or is this a wait and see thing?
          It is along wait to get back to where I live, but if I don't take it it will be even longer. If I pass when they may call the next guy in Zone or Troop may get called which would make it even longer for me to get back!

          Leaning more towards taking it wherever it might be. Just hope it isn't LI but then again in a yr or two when they get around to me who knows what my situation will be.

          Comment


          • Post Article

            Originally posted by acap View Post
            The ny post said the academy was canceled anyone else see that
            Not sure how much stock I put in that particular paper, but here is the article ACAP is referring to:

            http://www.nypost.com/seven/08192009...its_185267.htm

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
              Not sure how much stock I put in that particular paper, but here is the article ACAP is referring to:

              http://www.nypost.com/seven/08192009...its_185267.htm
              Saw this one too....

              ALBANY, NY - Pulling the State Police out of Stewart Airport in Newburgh isn’t the only way the agency is looking to save money in these tough economic times.

              There is currently no class of new state troopers at the police academy in Albany and there is not likely to be one any time soon, said State Police spokesman Lt. Glenn Miner.

              “The police academy itself will not close; we still do in-service training and conduct training; however, we do not currently have a recruit class going through the academy and it is yet to be determined when we might have a future recruit class going through,” he said. “Any subsequent decisions after this budget period would be based on future budgetary concerns.”

              State Police are also pulling out of the patrol function at the Javits Center in New York City.



              http://www.policeacademyinfo.com/pol...-by-the-state/

              Comment


              • “Any subsequent decisions after this budget period would be based on future budgetary concerns.”

                I think this kind of echos what has been said about waiting until a new fiscal year....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
                  Nickelbloom - quick question for you .. where do you get your info from and why are you so sure that what you think you know is right ?

                  I got a letter 2 weeks before my academy started... so dont get people thinking that they will have a letter of acceptance 1.5 mos before it starts... sometimes things move quick and you dont have much time at all.. My whole processing only lasted 3 weeks... from agility test, backround investigation, psych and polygraph and final medical to the night i took my 1st step into the academy as a recruit... I actually recieved a phone call asking if i would accept a position into the academy and then a letter followed a few days later.

                  I know what im talking about b/c i lived it .. I hope this helps anyone out there trying to get in.. just stay in shape and be prepared for things to happen at anytime..
                  I wasn't sayin that my info was legit or not. I was just saying that if they are planning on a class in November that we should have letters to re-do medical processing by mid september (usually 2 weeks before actual processing weekend) and mid september because usually med weekend is 6 weeks before the start of the class.

                  ALL of that is just speculation, I went through processing last fall up to waiting for a phone call. Nothing I experienced followed the time line stated on the website. I am sure that it won't next time either based on the economy.

                  My post was in reply to someone who stated the academy WILL start in OCT/NOV.
                  Last edited by nickebloom; 08-19-2009, 08:43 PM.
                  sigpic
                  SSgt US Marines 99-07

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                    ...and it is yet to be determined when we might have a future recruit class going through,” he said. “Any subsequent decisions after this budget period would be based on future budgetary concerns.”

                    That pretty much says it guys... no class this fall.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NY117 View Post
                      In regards to all the recent posts about the academy...I encourage anyone to email/call their recruitment office, and I bet you will hear the same thing of an academy in Oct/Nov with rumors pushing towards November.
                      Originally posted by nickebloom View Post

                      My post was in reply to someone who stated the academy WILL start in OCT/NOV.
                      NYSP1192: He was replying to know it all above.

                      Comment


                      • .......................................
                        Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                          If the pre-class rumor mill here gets anyone's panties in a bunch, you'll never survive the academy in my class we called them "recrumors", short for recruit rumors... and there was a new one every day, or hour.
                          haha thats great!

                          I heard that because they are making us wait so long, we will have a shortened academy

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                            If the pre-class rumor mill here gets anyone's panties in a bunch, you'll never survive the academy in my class we called them "recrumors", short for recruit rumors... and there was a new one every day, or hour.

                            Agreed - lol - the ATO's have a keen sense for the guys/gals that they can get under the skin of pretty quick.. if this website / or anticipation of the Academy is getting anyone a lil jostled.. the 1st month at B dorm will not be a pretty one..

                            - in refernce to the original processing weekend.. I was at the original fall one... agilty/psych.... the 3 weeks started when i heard from the investigator who conducted my Backround investigation... I had to do the push ups and situps again when I went to the Final Medical Exam at the Academy... I havnt spent any time in the service.. but im glad alot of guys in my class had b/c they really helped all of us who hadnt along with the military bearing the academy demands... for you guys who are close to getting in.. the best advice I can give you is the sooner you can all come together and work as a call in a whole the easier the academy will get.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                              If the pre-class rumor mill here gets anyone's panties in a bunch, you'll never survive the academy in my class we called them "recrumors", short for recruit rumors... and there was a new one every day, or hour.
                              we used that word too....so lame.......not as bad as ''staycation''. i heard that one today..

                              Comment


                              • recrumors are hilarious....I can remember the daily ones about hearing a room change was going to happen TODAY!!! SERIOUSLY!!! ha ha

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10891 users online. 377 members and 10514 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X