300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b
    Mleggio, how long ago did you start your processing (PAT weekend)? How far did you get into the processing and did they call you for further processing? I'm just curious because I have spoke with quite a few guys that say they went through all of the processing and were never called back for the academy etc.

Thanx,
    Bob
    I did my CPAT weekend (which included the written psych) June '06. 2 weeks or so after that I did the psychological interview. My background investigation was started early/mid July '06, polygraph was late July '06, background was completed and submitted by mid August '06. Medical processing at the Academy was done in November '06. I was called in mid/late February '07 to fill out a sheet to update background investigation. Background investigation update has been submitted.

Mike

Comment

• I noticed that in some of the earlier posts that once they got contacted for the medical, they started the academy approximately 2 months later. March 13th, 2006 was the date they started getting their letters to attend the Medical in April. Shortly after the medical, they started getting letters to
      attend the academy on May 8th.

If the NYSP aren't supposed to have a class until July (and using the same timeframe as earlier) that would mean we shouldn't hear anything until May (which seems so far away). Has anyone else out there completed the background, but not done their medical yet?

mleggio, after your medical how long did you have to wait before you heard anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio
        I did my CPAT weekend (which included the written psych) June '06. 2 weeks or so after that I did the psychological interview. My background investigation was started early/mid July '06, polygraph was late July '06, background was completed and submitted by mid August '06. Medical processing at the Academy was done in November '06. I was called in mid/late February '07 to fill out a sheet to update background investigation. Background investigation update has been submitted.

Mike
        Okay Mike, then you should probably be going into the July class as Phoenix23 said. I heard the same info from a recruiter. The recruiter said that the remaining candidates who finished processing will go into the July class and the rest like me who deferred will be starting the May processing and will be in the final class for this list in spring '08. So you should hear something within the next two months being they usually give approx. 2 months notice for an academy class. Hopefully we'll all here something soon

Bob
        sigpic
        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• phoenix23,

I did my PAT/written psych last October, then completed the pysch interview, polygraph, and background by the middle of December. I was not one of those initially processed for this current academy before it was cut in size, so I have not done my final medical yet. I am expecting to be invited to the next medical though, I am relatively high on the list with my ranking. I was originally contacted in 2004 to start processing but had to defer due to military obligation. I am hoping we all hear something by May.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23
            mleggio, after your medical how long did you have to wait before you heard anything?
            When I took the medical in November we were told that we would hear something within 30days. The next class started in January, shortly after it began I got a letter stating that they had over processed for the January class and that the next class would be in the Summer '07. Then I got the call in February from my BI about updating my background.

Since then, rumors have circulated about a summer class stating in July/August, then rumors of an overlapping class starting around the 22 week stage of the current class which would make it mid-June. Most recently the rumors are that the next class has been pushed to September '07 due to some summer event staffing issues.

Comment

• September 07'? I hope those are just rumors...
              Last edited by phoenix23; 03-26-2007, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Hi all,
                I processed in April of 2006. Just like some of you I also completed everything by Nov. I have heard the rumors of an class going in near the 22nd week, July/Aug. as well. The september rumor is new, hope it is just a rumor!!! The wait is killing me. I spoke to my recruiter last week and he was not sure of the class size b/c the budget has not been set yet. I hope all of us remaining candidates get a letter this spring!!! Keep us posted as I will do the same.
                B

Comment

• next exam

What’s the latest on the next exam signup? I know its going to be after April, but has anyone heard anything more specific?

Comment

• mleggio,
                    Hey if I'm being a pain, just say so...out of all the people checking this thread though, you seem to be the most knowledgeable. You said your BI contacted you to update your background. Does that mean you have to do retesting?
                    Also, approximately how many people did they overprocess for the January class?
                    Thanks for the info.

Comment

• phoenix - I sent you a pm

also regarding any of my posts...

**Don't take my statements as any kind of absolute. I am in the same boat you are. I am just recounting my experiences thus afar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302
                        What’s the latest on the next exam signup? I know its going to be after April, but has anyone heard anything more specific?
                        If you look at the website now it actually says the registration for the test won't be available until may.

Comment

• Nysp

Does anyone know an estimate of whats the highest rank # the NYSP will reach till they start up a new one....?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadet2020
                            Does anyone know an estimate of whats the highest rank # the NYSP will reach till they start up a new one....?
                            Our list is just like any other CS list... if they say the list is good for 4 years or until expired... they go 4 years or until they reach the end.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Empl...er_Employment/

The public website still states that the date for the next exam has not yet been selected. The date should be chosen by the end of May, 2007.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Exam Date

Originally posted by Jarhead1302
                                Jarhead, on the website it stated April 2007 now it states May will begin applications. The application date will now begin May 1, 2007 and run through November 1, 2007. The tenative testing date is scheduled for Feb 2008 barring any problems with the budget.

KP
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7440 users online. 238 members and 7202 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X